Dog Den II

Kevin

Dog Den II

Post by Kevin » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:19 pm

Just wondering if anyone has a Dog Den 2 by K-9 kondo and what they think of them. They are advertised as the warmest dog houses on the market, and there is an opional heater. I'll need something warm enough for a shorthair in Canadian winters...I know it's sept and still warm but I'm killing time waiting for my shorthair by designing his Kennel Run and Doghouse. I was thinking of building my own doghouse until I came across the K-9 condo website...they look pretty good.

I work shifts and my girlfriend works straight days so between the two of us he will be on his own in the Kennel only 5 days a month...when we are home he'll be inside with us. I'm planning on a 10'x10'x6' chain link kennel with roof on a gravel pad.

Any suggestions...

sdgord

kennel

Post by sdgord » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:52 pm

Well, for what it is worth my opinion would be to purchase a good quality crate . The dog will get used to being in his crate at all hours and looks at it as his home and den space. The kennel idea is ok if you do not have a fenced yard and would put him in it for short periods. I just like having my bird dogs in the house, we have two Gordons and a Weim indoors. When we are at work they stay in the crates. Dogs just seem to pick up more when they are with you all the time. Again thats just my opinion.SDGORD

Friedelsheim

Post by Friedelsheim » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:52 am

Kevin,

I have a similiar situation as you regarding the work schedule. I spent a good six months looking a different dog houses. I decided to with Cook's K9 Classic Insulated Divider Dog House. You might want to check them out. They are wonderful people are willing to work with you if you want something custom. I'm very pleased with the quality of their product.

Check them out.
http://www.cooksk9classics.com

Donnie

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:44 am

sdgord,

I will have a crate for when he is inside, but on those 5 days he will be on his own for 10 hrs... I don't think a dog should be in a crate that long and I couldn't expect him to hold it that long. Atleast with the kennel he can do his business and walk around abit. Thats why I'm going with an outdoor Kennel Run.

seadog

Post by seadog » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:07 pm

Kev , curious is all. Who you getting your GSP from ?

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:56 pm

seadog wrote:Kev , curious is all. Who you getting your GSP from ?
Fogelhund Kennel, if everything goes according to plan Fogelhund's Montana will be bred to Gamble's Rip-N-Logan sometime this winter.