grant
GDF Junkie

No Vizsla Folks?

Post by grant » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:42 pm

Where are all the Vizsla people?

Konza Vadasz

V folks

Post by Konza Vadasz » Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:48 pm

I just saw your post on the vizslahunt mail group. Hadn't seen this forum before, but I'm glad it's here!
We live in central KS and hunt with Hungarian wirehaired vizslas, a relative newcomer and one of the best kept secrets of the sporting dog world. Wire V's are versatile hunters and loyal family companions. A rare breed, WHV's are gaining popularity in the UK and Europe, but there are less than 200 of them in the US. They're registered with NAVHDA here in the US.
My husband, Doug, and I belong to OK NAVHDA & Big Muddy NAVHDA and participate in NAVHDA's testing program.
Please visit our website to see our wires and learn more about this wonderful breed.

Eileen Murdock

new to group

Post by Eileen Murdock » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:28 am

Hello,

I to did not know about this forum but I'm glad I decided to check it out! I have two Vizsla's, one age 2.5 and the other is 14 months. My two year old is the frst dog I have ever trained for hunting and my husband and I really enjoy our time in the field with them. My "Harley" dog still needs two legs to earn his SR title, but my pup, "Kit Carson" just picked up his JR two weeks ago. He has a longer nose then his older brother and I think he's going to have a slight advantage. I enjoy working the dogs in the hunt tests, but I'm not interested in doing any field trial work because I do not want my dogs to become big runners. Right now they hunt within gun range and that's just how my husband and I like it. I look forward to visiting this forum often for new ideas and help with hunting and training questions!

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:32 am

I have been wanting to look into the hunt tests myself...

Thanks for posting, and we hope to see you around!

Grant

Vizsla1

Red Dog lover

Post by Vizsla1 » Mon May 03, 2004 4:15 pm

I stumbled across this site on quails unlimited. I am glad I found it. I am new to the dog training world. This site offers a lot of good tips. I have a 1 1/2 yr old Vizsla. I had her in the field last year and she proved herself with little training. She continues to improve each time I have her out , and I am excited for this next hunting season.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon May 03, 2004 6:54 pm

Welcome! I'm sure you will find lots of good info here!

Grant

Wireviz_lady

V-lady

Post by Wireviz_lady » Wed May 05, 2004 8:34 pm

I have 6 Viz. 3 smooth and 3 wire. We live in WI and hunt mostly the upland game but my hubby does goose and duck hunting. I will prob do more this year because of the Wires. There is nothing like hunting over a Vizsla.
Bec

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:11 am

Hey All,

I'm in Montgomery, AL. We've been doing hunt tests and are going to do NSTRA this year.

There are a couple of pics of my V-boy in the album section.

I promised the kids I'd get them a puppy if they stayed on honor roll. We're bringing the new guy home July 24th. I let them pick the breed and they wanted a GSP. So, we'll be a two-breed family from here on out.

Vizland's

Vizsla or Vizslak??

Post by Vizland's » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:26 pm

HI We are Fritz & Amy Colbert in Pennsylvania. I have 5 smooth vizsla and one very DUMB (hubby swears he is the smartest) 130lb. American Bulldog named BIG Daddy.

I show & handle my dogs in AKC Confirmation shows and hope to hunt some this fall with my new hubby Fritz. We are newlyweds 7/31/04.

Big Daddy is my step child....lol

I have had vizsla for 7 yrs and labradors for 13 years. I love both breeds. Visit us at www.vizsla4u.com

Amy Holland-Colbert

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:56 pm

Congratulations on your wedding...may you have many many happy years together! :D And good luck on hunting this year.

tfbirddog2

visulas

Post by tfbirddog2 » Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:56 pm

Welcome fellow Kansans I'm up here in Nw,KS (Colby). I have found a group called National Birddog Challenge Assoc. anyone heard of them. I have been watching them on the sportsmans channel they seem to be a good group an run hunt test. I had thought of going to the tests in Colorado, but I'm busy guiding. Try nbdca.com.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:08 am

I guess I never got in on this thread. I've got a V named Justus. He's working on 5 months now (Sep. 29). I swear there are days when I look at him and say "dang, dog, you grew an inch since yesterday!"

Congrats on the wedding, Amy. My wife Danyelle and I were married on 6/5/04 and Grant and Lindsay were married the very next week. Hope the honeymoon was a good one!
Last edited by Ayres on Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

portsider44

Post by portsider44 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:29 pm

Well not excatly a V owner at this time, but I have my deposit for a pup due in June. Was hoping to getting a pup in March, but there wasn't enough females in the new litter to go around. Thought about getting a male but decided to wait for a female out of another litter.

Which in the end is for the best as I was having a hard time deciding which litter I wanted a pup from. I was leaning towards the second litter(same breeder just different sire/dam) & now the decision has been made for me.

ginia

Post by ginia » Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:16 am

Portsider,

We feel your pain. We are waiting for a V puppy too. We were supposed to get a pup from the litter born New Years Eve, but it was 8 boys, so we're hoping for a girl from the next litter. We were also leaning towards the parents that are "next up," so hopefully this one will work out! We've been waiting for quite a while. We've been offered boys from two other breeders while we've been waiting. I didn't realize girls were "rare!" Good luck; we can't wait to see pictures of your red girl. :P

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:32 pm

ginia wrote: I didn't realize girls were "rare!" Good luck; we can't wait to see pictures of your red girl. :P
The main reason that it is difficult to get a good female V is that the breeders want to keep them in the "inner circle". There are both altruistic and monetary motivations.

Best regards,

portsider44

Post by portsider44 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:30 pm

Call me silly but lets not let the V thread sink to the bottom!!!

Ginia,

You any closer to getting your pup??? For me I thought about looking around for another breeder to speed the process, but I really feel comfortabel with my breeder & don't want to start the search again.

I guess I am going to take the "Good things come to those that wait appoach."

fdsjr

New Vizsla owner

Post by fdsjr » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:37 pm

Hello I am getting a male Hungarian Vizsla in the middle of the month. Hes was already showing signs of birdiness at 4 1/2 weeks, its amazing. Read my other post for a brag story about him if you want.

http://www.pointerforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1389

Ive read alot of great things about the breed and cant wait to undertake what I believe may be the greatest journey of my lifetime.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: New Vizsla owner

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Jun 06, 2005 4:45 pm

fdsjr wrote:Hello I am getting a male Hungarian Vizsla in the middle of the month. Hes was already showing signs of birdiness at 4 1/2 weeks, its amazing. Read my other post for a brag story about him if you want.

http://www.pointerforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1389

Ive read alot of great things about the breed and cant wait to undertake what I believe may be the greatest journey of my lifetime.
Congrats! The V is a wonderful breed. You'll never go to the bathroom alone again....

Best,

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Re: New Vizsla owner

Post by Ayres » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:15 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:You'll never go to the bathroom alone again....
Ain't that the truth!
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux