Tri colored EP's

drich2244

Tri colored EP's

Post by drich2244 » Sun May 18, 2014 5:11 pm

Hey everybody one of my pointers recently gave birth to a great litter. I ended up with 3 males and 4 females. there are 3 that are black and white and 4 liver and white. seems normal enough right? on closer inspection one of my b&w females has rust under her cheeks and above her eyes. I have been looking around for info on them and actually its what brought me to the forum. i was wondering how rare they are? what bloodlines they come from? any info would be appreciated. also is attached a picture of that pointer shes on the left.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Tri colored EP's

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun May 18, 2014 6:53 pm

The bloodline most commonly associated would be Rock Acre Blackhawk.

mtlee

Post by mtlee » Mon May 19, 2014 11:27 am

My EP male has similar markings to what you're seeing with your pups around the cheeks/eyes. Very subtle. He is from Rock Acre Blackhawk lines.

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Another Thread to Help Ya

Post by PntrRookie » Mon May 19, 2014 11:30 am

drich2244

Post by drich2244 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:45 pm

thanks guys appreciate the info! I bred my best b/w female to my l/w out of epps kennels both are excellent dogs unfortunately the bitches litter was never registered so these guys wont be papered either. unless there were another way. the bitches parents are registered. if i had both parents information would it be at all possible to register just her 3 years after the litter? Honestly i dont think having papers would do justice to the hunters they are and how well they hunt but it would justify charging more for the pups. also is there any instance where breeding tris to tris has ever produced more tris? just wondering again thanks for the info heres a couple of pics of the stud and the bitch!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.