Hearing to Ban all Hunting Dogs in California

Pastor Brown

Re: Hearing to Ban all Hunting Dogs in California

Post by Pastor Brown » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:33 pm

Bounty_Hunter wrote:
Pastor Brown wrote:we have TONS TONS TONS of yotee's here in ND, & BIG... a lot bigger than I have seen in other states..

and they are pack hunters... but I too have never seen mores than 2-4 together, nor have I tracked more than a few in a group after a fresh snow
We can hunt coyotes all year long in PA but I never see anyone hunting them except for some volunteer hose co.s in February. It's a pool like $50.00 to enter and the biggest gets the pot. I think they get some around the 50lb weight class. I never called in a coyote but did call in fox a few times for fun, mostly greys.
we hunt them pretty regularly out here in North Dakota. But I think that stems from the farming done out here. They are a nightmare for the farmers & are generally shot on sight.

Winglish

Post by Winglish » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:58 pm

See that little Griff puppy in my avatar? He got into a strychnine bait while we were out hunting. I watched him go blind, staggering around and foaming at the mouth. Then came convulsions. My long time bud died right in front of me.

I can help my dog out of a leg hold type trap. Big conibear traps and poisons should be outlawed everywhere as far as I'm concerned.

All that said, this bill is no good. It's a slippery slope bill with the intent of ridding the world of hunting dogs and hunters. People need to step up to defend our way of life.

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:47 am

Ive seen packs of coyote in Socal very often. Usually around 3-5 together.

I saw a show about a "super coyote" in the northern Midwest I think. They are unusually large and aggressive. the coyotes in southern California are pretty small and often reclusive. But they ha've attacked young kids here as well as many pets.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... s-science/

The use of conibear traps worries me a bit when im in new areas. I bought a few different sizes to familiarize myself with them. The big ones are pretty much dog kill capable.

I live in California but that doesn't mean I like everything about this state. I earn a very good living here and im closing in on retirement. I would like to move when I retire but family obligations for elderly parents on both sides will dictate how that goes. The bird hunting in the lower half of California goes in cycles. We seem to have 4-5 bad years to 1 good year. so ive taken to out of state hunting. Regarding hunting laws here, nothing surprises me anymore. But it still works me up.

Waterdogs1

Post by Waterdogs1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 am

Not a big suprise that this is happening in CA. We see a good number of them moving to our state trying to change it as well. I ran a group off private property that were from CA trespassing duck hunting a few weeks ago. They just don't get it and have very little clue about reality, respect and are great sheep living in concrete jungles. Looks like they will be headed down another path once again. The best way to kill predators is from the air, you can shoot several hundred coyotes in a day. Coyotes,wolves and bear will hunt and kill what ever they can. Over the last two years I have seen deer chasing coyotes that were trying to get fawns, also have seen them dogging elk and their calves. Go a week without food and see what you will do to get a meal :) As far as trapping, in many places that is the only way to control predators and in Idaho traps have to be marked. I would much rather have someone be trapping making money and doing their part to control predators then telling me I can't run my dogs or have another anti hunter dog person beating a drum. I would take a trapper over a tree hugger any day.

roaniecowpony

Post by roaniecowpony » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:07 pm

No, it's not a surprise here at all. So many people live in cities and know nothing else. Hunting is something many/most city dwellers have no exposure to other than what's on the news and other anti-hunting media. There are also a lot of people that feel if they don't like something, no one else should be able to do it. Combine the two and you have many many people bent on making restrictive laws of all kinds. That mentality is the downfall of many liberties.

But, there are 38 million people in California. Not everyone from California is originally from here, nor shares the same beliefs. But it's easy to generalize and lump everyone that lives somewhere into the same bucket. One thing that is for certain, ever since the United States has existed, people immigrated across this land and changed it. I guarantee that hasn't changed. The legislation in Colorado has changed that state to a place I no longer want to live, although as a young man I thought I'd end up in Colorado some day. I'm sure the rural population loves to hate the "front range" I-25 corridor folks. That part of the state is filled with people from all over the country.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:41 pm

Very well said roanie!

Charlie