Vest

RichK

Vest

Post by RichK » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:47 pm

I'm looking for a new upland vest. I hear nothing but good things about the Wing Works vest. It does however appear to have almost too much to it, if you know what I mean. The hunting I do I only need enough room for shells, birds, a couple of water bottles, and a spot to tether my whistle and transmitter to. The WW vest looks like it has a LOT of storage room for stuff, almost too much.

Does anyone have a WW vest? Are there any better options for something a bit more low profile?

MJB64

Re: Vest

Post by MJB64 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Check out the upland vests from Pineo Falconry. If you call them they will email you more detailed pics and color options.

Mke

nwnick

Post by nwnick » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:33 pm

RichK wrote:I'm looking for a new upland vest. I hear nothing but good things about the Wing Works vest. It does however appear to have almost too much to it, if you know what I mean. The hunting I do I only need enough room for shells, birds, a couple of water bottles, and a spot to tether my whistle and transmitter to. The WW vest looks like it has a LOT of storage room for stuff, almost too much.

Does anyone have a WW vest? Are there any better options for something a bit more low profile?
I have worn a WingWorks vest for 2 seasons now and it works very well for the type of hunting I do. I will spend hours out chukar hunting in Oregon or Nevada and I appreciate all the room that vest gives me.
I have also used it pheasant preserve hunting and in that type of hunting at least for me it can be more than you really need. Sometimes depending on the weather when I'm preserve hunting I'll break out my old Filson strap vest because it fits the situation much better for me.
As for the construction of the WW vest I cant's say enough, this thing should be the last vest I'll ever buy it's that well constructed

I shoot left handed and 1 modification I made was I stitched a 2" wide strip of Velcro (the fuzzy side) on the right strap that was about 6" long I then took the scratchy side of the Velcro and stitched it vertically onto the back of a nylon Tri Tronics G3 transmitter holster after I had removed the 1' wide nylon strap that came with the holster. I also stitched a chunk of 2" Velcro that wrapped around the vest strap and secured to the back side of the vest strap so the transmitter is secured in 2 directions with Velcro. I works far better for me than anything I've tried before. It keeps the transmitter directly where I can find it without fumbling for it
After trying this out on my WW vest I sewed a piece of fuzzy Velcro on my Filson strap vest too so I have the ability to secure the transmitter to either vest I used . It works really slick IMO

Again I cant say nothing bad about my WingWorks vest and would recommend it highly !

Nick

nitrex

Post by nitrex » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:50 am

WingWorks Vest for me. Three seasons hunting pheasants, quail, sharpies, & huns. Fits great and is COMFORTABLE!!!

Nitrex

reba

Post by reba » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:35 am

It will be easy to find a vest with less than a Wing Works vest.

You will never find one that has more quality. It has been well thought out for the hard core bird hunter.

Follow Wing Works directions for a perfect fit.

Also get their water bottles.

bmcox86

Post by bmcox86 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:11 am

I reccomend taking a look at the llbean tech vest and the badlands vest, they have a little less to them in my opinion and there easy to strap on and go. They carry the load well also.