GPS Collar Position

RichK

GPS Collar Position

Post by RichK » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:53 pm

I lost my pup in the woods today for about 10 minutes. I kept on the whistle and calling for him but couldn't hear him nor did he come back out of the brush he had gone into. I thought that he might had seen a deer and took off after it but after heading in to look for him I found him about 5 minutes later surrounded by thorn bushes without an easy way for him to get out.

I am thinking of purchasing the DC-50 collar to ease my mind about losing him and was wondering how people are running these collars on their dogs. Is strapping it to his waist a good idea or should I just put it on his neck with his other two collars?

ruffbritt4

Re: GPS Collar Position

Post by ruffbritt4 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:25 pm

I run my britt with 3 collars, no problems so far.

ROTTnBRITT

Post by ROTTnBRITT » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:48 pm

I purchased an Astro this summer. Its really settles my mind, in both aspects of me getting lost and losing my dogs.

I strap in on their necks along with e collar and id collar with a bell. Sounds like a lot, but the dogs don't seem to mind it at all.

Also, I haven't heard much good about the DC-50. Most will say go with the DC-40

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Neck.

Quailcommando

Post by Quailcommando » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:08 pm

I have 2 DC-50 collars that I bought this year and have not had a issue. Also neck.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:54 pm

ruffbritt4 wrote:I run my britt with 3 collars, no problems so far.

Yep me too

ruffbritt4

Post by ruffbritt4 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:22 pm

ibbowhunting wrote:
ruffbritt4 wrote:I run my britt with 3 collars, no problems so far.

Yep me too
Id collar, ecollar, gps collar and bell seems a little overkill at first but it works great for me.
RichK wrote:I lost my pup in the woods today for about 10 minutes. I kept on the whistle and calling for him but couldn't hear him nor did he come back out of the brush he had gone into. I thought that he might had seen a deer and took off after it but after heading in to look for him I found him about 5 minutes later surrounded by thorn bushes without an easy way for him to get out.

I am thinking of purchasing the DC-50 collar to ease my mind about losing him and was wondering how people are running these collars on their dogs. Is strapping it to his waist a good idea or should I just put it on his neck with his other two collars?
I really like having the gps collar as Im not the person that is laid back when my dog is 100+ yards away in the woods.

brianb

Post by brianb » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:50 pm

I like to add the ivomec tick collar to make it four. I've run out of neck space.

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 pm

I put my ecollar unit on the astro collar so both units are on one. Put that on as well as an ID collar.