I found pigeons!!

Wireviz_lady

I found pigeons!!

Post by Wireviz_lady » Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:48 am

Ok I found them~ and I didnt think the price was too bad considering the fact that it ws the only site I found besides eggbid. $170 for 4 young birds~includes shipping , box and the birds plus a guy that can answer any question you could ever have on the pigeons! (that is worth a couple of buck there)
He said he still has quite a few young birds...I didnt tell him I was going to use them to train my dogs...probably wouldnt be a good idea. :lol:
Ok so here it is...http://www.foyspigeonsupplies.com/
Hurray...pigeons by the end of the week!

emae

Post by emae » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:13 pm

I'm glad you found them, but WOW, that seems very pricey for only 4 birds. I got seven birds for $10 a bird, and I thought that was a little steep, but they are homers and should give me chicks in the spring. Granted, they were close enough that didn't have to pay shipping either.

Good Luck!!

Wireviz_lady

Post by Wireviz_lady » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:26 pm

lol~
Hey at this point...
Eggbid had some cheeper but the place torked me off. They had some dirt cheap one.
Oh well...babies next year and I need birds now.
Bec

seadog

Post by seadog » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:27 pm

You don't want to know what I pay for them. ( for barn birds 2.50 ea. from a farmers market , from bird control 1.00 ea. for 100 or more birds)

Wireviz_lady

Post by Wireviz_lady » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:33 pm

Ok they are to spendy...gonna see if I can go through eggbid. They (eggbid) really did tork me off.
Bec

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:42 pm

Was searching the net and found www.naga.org they have a message board for those that are buying and selling game birds, also a list of who's selling what in your state. Check it out!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:45 pm

Seadog where in Ontario do you live and where is this Farmers market :!:

I'm in Burlington

icefire

Post by icefire » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:18 pm

get a hiold of some local pigeon racers, it is the time of year that they cull their flocks. you should be able to do a lot better then that.

snips
GDF Junkie

Post by snips » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:46 pm

And be sure you tell them you ARE NOT going to kill them. Most Racer and Homer breeders don`t want their birds to go to anyone shooting them.
brenda

seadog

Post by seadog » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:11 pm

Kevin , I'am in the BIG smoke just east of you (TO). The market is in Stouffville (sp) just to the north of TO, plan on being there for 6am sharp for a full selection of birds. The going price for barn pigeons is 3 a head but being a regular with one of them I get a prefered rate ( this past Sat I picked up 40 birds so it helps) . Chukars from same person 8 a head or 7 for 10 birds or more no preferred rate on these. Live ducks are also available from the vendors , bought some young of the year due to size/colouring more along mallard size/colouring for 5 a head and they work just GREAT for a duck search. Just about anything you need including rabbits if you train for rabbit drags. Hwy 48 north , turn right (east) at Stouffvile side road , go through town (main drag), on east side of town look for the water tower then turn left (north) , it's on your right hand side (east side) about 1/2 mile from last left turn.
There is another one somewhere southwest of Hamilton I believe, will source it out for you from a friend that uses/used that one.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:08 pm

Thanks Seadog,
googled Stoufville Farmers Market and printed a map, it's good to know I can get birds within an hours drive for a decent price. 8)

Now I know where to get birds but I still have to wait till this spring for my pup :cry:

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:49 pm

If you look around in Illinois, Iowa, and Wisconsin you can usually find all you want from 1 to 3 dollars apeice. If you get squeakers (young birds) and keep them for a while they will normally come back home. And by next year you could have quite a few if you just save a pair this year.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:29 am

If any of you are needing pigeons I can supply you with homers here in Northern Illinois. And if someone wants enough to make it worth while I could deliver. These are nice big healthy birds. The price would be between $2 or $3 picked up depending what age you want to somewhat higher if delivered. I think right now I'd have somewhere near 100 or more ready to go.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.