Willow Creek Kennels

atothek

Willow Creek Kennels

Post by atothek » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 am

Hey everyone
I have been checking out willow creek kennels videos on youtube and they have some good info. Does anyone know about their dogs at all?
Thanks
Aaron

ohmymy111

Re: Willow Creek Kennels

Post by ohmymy111 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:59 am

I don't really know about their dogs, but I have known Chad for years. He has worked with some of my dogs, and run Hunt Tests with him. He is a great guy, and if his dogs are anything like him they will be good. I haven't really seen him since I moved to ND, so if you talk to him tell him. Mark, the guy with the French Brittany's says "Hi"

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:28 pm

Chad got me started in hunt testing a long ways back. Quite a bit of Sharpshooter stuff. Tries a lot of different method and experiments. Chad is a good guy and a dog person. Don't know how much training he personally does anymore. They breed a lot of puppies. Pretty good dogs. Planning to breed to one of his studs. Not as good as mine but whose are. ......................................Cj

Bossman27

Post by Bossman27 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:19 am

I have a Willow Creek pup, Breezy & Bomber were his parents. He is by far the best GSP I've ever had and I've had multiple trainers tell me the same. They have an excellent breeding program and Chad is a great dude. You tell him what you want/expect, he'll give you an honest assessment of which of his litters will be a good fit.

I did have my dog do his initial training at Willow Creek about 2ish years ago. The training program was pretty good and they got good results. I've since taken my dog back for some boarding/training and I wasn't as happy. To be fair Chad was gone in Texas for the winter when I boarded my dog, but I wasn't happy with how the operation was run with him gone...could be an isolated incident.

In conclusion, I'll buy purchasing my future dogs from Willow Creek as long as their around...I'm not sure if I'll use them again for training.

Ms. Cage

Post by Ms. Cage » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:16 am

Chad produces some nice dogs. Our newest pup is sired by Chads Honker Man bred to a female out of two of our VC's JJ and Cage. Kate is a very nice pup . lots of point retrieve, bold , cooperative, yet independent and good looking. Don't know anything about his operation.

Kate 49 days old.
Quail retrieve cropped.jpg
Kate ( 10 wks old ) last Saturday carrying the duck 200 plus yard back to the truck after her grandpa JJ cleaned the pond. We were out doing duck searches with some young UT dogs
photo (3).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

atothek

Post by atothek » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:45 am

Thank you for the replies. I think I will give Chad a call :)
Aaron

djloder

Post by djloder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:28 am

Great guy and great pups.