Gun-Dog-Rentals (Need your input!)

gundogrentals

Gun-Dog-Rentals (Need your input!)

Post by gundogrentals » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:03 am

Good afternoon!

I wanted to share a business venture that myself and partner are pursuing in hoping to make public before the 2013-14 bird hunting season. We are looking for constructive feedback whether good or bad about our idea and what we hope to bring to the overall duck hunting scene. If you are like me being that you own a bird dog/s or not, sometimes we wish our bird hunting experience was just a little bit easier. Tired of lost birds? Mad about delayed shooting just to retrieve a downed bird? Miss the friendly excitement and companionship of a well trained bird-dog machine? Then GunDogRentals is the place for you!

For those hunters who may not have the time, money, or space to train experienced well rounded hunting dogs, it can be a real burden when retrieving your own ducks. Guide services are expensive and great pedigrees are hard to find without paying a hefty price. Gun Dog Renting is not a new concept and there are several kennels in the United States that currently offer these kind of services to hunters on a daily, weekend, monthly, or even seasonal basis (prices vary). Now I know what you are thinking, some may like the concept but others disagree or are skeptical about getting involved with these type of programs these kennels offer (location mainly). But listen up, we may have a smarter solution!

GunDogRentals.com (not currently live) is taking the retriever/bird hunter experience to a whole different level! Our search and match website will be two parts:

A) Responsible hunters search for potential retrievers within their area to rent for a morning hunt or longer (dove, duck, quail, pheasant, etc)

B) Private dog owners or businesses with experienced hunting dogs willing to lease their dogs based on their choice for a fee to worthy hunters (waterfowl only)

C) Kennels or hunting guides looking to search for experienced dogs to rent for a designated period

A specific detailed search page will filter through posted entries and place a match or two between a potential dog renter and hunter where the two can then engage on hunting specifics way in advance of the scheduled hunt date. This is no Craig's list or eBay! Our team will interview interested prospects (dog owners & hunters) before they post their services and everything will be kept private between dog owners and hunters until a match and agreed upon price / location has been accepted. Now if dog owners choose to go along with their retriever to work them or just send them off for a few hours/days, the choice will be up to the two parties.

We want some feedback about our idea to bring the bird dog hunting experience to responsible hunters who enjoy the sport. Please let us know what you think and any ideas you feel would make our website a safe & remarkable experience!

Thanks and happy hunting! :D

Nick Traweek
Katy, TX

smittty

Re: Gun-Dog-Rentals (Need your input!)

Post by smittty » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:29 am

a guide service is one thing but to rent your dog out is nuts......that's me opinion any-hows .I work to hard to get my dogs where I want them ..if you ever think about starting a wife renting thing let me know where to sign but my dogs stay with me

reba

Post by reba » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 am

The "handler" is as important as the dog.

Therefore a handler would need to go with the dog/dogs.

The difference between a guide and a handler would be the hunter picks where to hunt. A guide would pick the hunt and have dogs.

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:01 am

smittty wrote:a guide service is one thing but to rent your dog out is nuts......that's me opinion any-hows .I work to hard to get my dogs where I want them ..if you ever think about starting a wife renting thing let me know where to sign but my dogs stay with me

+1. No serious dog guy with a decent dog would rent or lease his dog. A dog is not a car. I like the wife-renting idea, though. A short-term lease might be best, with the option to renew.

Doc E

Post by Doc E » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:15 am

No way I would ever rent one of my dogs out -- without me going along to be the handler.

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:31 am

Too many knuckleheads out there to make your plan even remotely feasible.Dog has to have a personal connection with it's handler the majority of the time,there are few exceptions to this,the dog that will work for anyone,you know the type,the one that Ray Charles or an eight year old could handle with ease.

Escopeton

Post by Escopeton » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 am

The only time I have lent out my dog to hunt with another person when I am not there, is a close friend and hunting buddy. He has seen me work the dog and knows what to do and not to do. If someone wants the services of my dog, I will come as the handler - and expect to pay the price.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:05 am

Not much left to be said. a terrible idea!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:06 am

Having seen the way some "hunters" do their thing, I would not let my dog go with anyone else to hunt. Even if I went along.
Cant tell how a person will treat a dog isnt theirs in a case of high frustration. Seen some get so worked up they hurt their own dog......

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:28 am

Apart from history supplying zero trust in any successful filtering out of the bad actors in any venture open to the Public, too many "hunters" can talk too good a game to ever release for lease one of my dogs to a stranger or even to be around an armed stranger.

Re the concept, I would expect that some Preserve facilities may be interested in making a buck through unused hammer rental and there will always be shooters who want the proper window dressing for the day.
I would expect though that even the guides working off-duty would want to be there to protect their investment.

Actually, the way to approach and market it may be be as the British do on driven shoot days with picker-uppers behind the line...especially say, at established dove shoots.
Couch it in those terms and with practice as the goal for the dogs and handlers and it might work in limited areas....avoid mention of dog rental.
For general hunting though?...I certainly hope not.

If folks get mad at time lost in picking up a dead bird then perhaps other hobbies might suit them better....or simply realizing that more is involved in the whole deal than shooting stuff and picking it up. :idea:
But, it does appear to take all kinds these days.

The other points going to the practicality of this idea is overworking a dog by a stranger...."I paid, (puff, puff on a ceegar),for this dog today, and he's gonna work!"
Some days a dog is off or conditions warrant putting them up.....unlikely with anyone who would rent a pup.
Secondly, the shooter may well end up with a dog that does not match the buildup in the ad copy......a perfect chance for a displeased customer since anyone who would rent out a dog w/o being present is, perhaps, unlikely to have a good dog to start with.
The surprising point in all this is that the OP thinks this would be a sound idea....my guess is he/she/they may be one who would rent or lease both.
Accurate info on the folks behind any business can often give some coloring to the entire venture.
Last edited by Mountaineer on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:37 am

Who would "handle" the dog? You cant expect your average person to handle a dog that they have no experience with....Heck, most owners cant handle their own dogs. :wink:

Even if I simply looked at my dogs with dollar signs, I don't see how this could work.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:38 am

I wouldn't rent my dogs out to some weekend warrior yahoo.
You do not know how they will treat/correct your dog ...
Good idea in theory Horrible idea in application

S&J gsp

Post by S&J gsp » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:27 am

For the amount of money it would cost to rent my dog for a day they could buy 2 and have there own. With that said I don't know any body that would rent a good dog out to someone. My own family don't ask to hunt my dogs with out me I couldn't just let a stranger take a dog I put the time and effort in I may never see the dog again. I know we run that risk every time we turn a dog loose to hunt but I'm taking the risk not a stranger.

DoubleBarrel GunDogs

Post by DoubleBarrel GunDogs » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:25 pm

kninebirddog wrote:I wouldn't rent my dogs out to some weekend warrior yahoo.
You do not know how they will treat/correct your dog ...
Good idea in theory Horrible idea in application
+1

The term beaten like a rented mule comes to mind.

Nate

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:54 pm

I am another one who would not rent out any of my dogs to a stranger. I have seen far too many men who only want to shoot and who care nothing for the dog they shoot over. I wouldn't lease out a scabby rat to a stranger never mind one of my dogs.

I am very familiar with the British way of getting over this problem. I have been a picker up for about 40 years and I was a beater before that. It works very well and not just for the men doing the shooting. It is a job that gives a lot of pleasure to both man and dog and the dog gets a lot of game retrieving experience too. In the shooting season I go picking up at least once per week. The system might need to be tweaked for American shooting parties but it certainly does work.

If shooting over pointing dogs or flushing dogs is what is required then the hunters would need to be told in no uncertain manner in advance that firing low shots anywhere near the dog will not be tolerated . I once brought a shoot to a complete standstill for a party of Italian guns. They had been warned in advance not to shoot near my Brittany. Four of them , all using 5 shot semi--autos, blasted off at a bird very close to her. I let loose with a plethora of Scottish swearie words at them and then took my dog home. I was raging mad. Someone has to be in charge during that kind of hunting or some shooting parties will turn into an undisciplined rabble.

Just one final thought, if a dog leased out to a shooting party hunt was accidentally shot, who will be paying for it and who would decide how much the dog was worth ?

Bill T.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:06 pm

I think everyone has hit it on the head. I would like to add this. If ur willing to rent out ur dog to just anyone for fast cash i wonder how well the dog is being taken care of or trained by the owner. Its so much pride, work and time to get a dog there. So i have to ask the same question would you rent ur kids out to a stranger and trust them? If so you should be ----

rinker

Post by rinker » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:16 pm

I have considered renting my pigeons.

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:45 pm

No way I rent my dogs. I won't even let many people shoot over one of them. I am particular about protecting them from Yahoos.

One low shot and the dog is done. Not worth the money you can make. It is the only reason I haven;t guided with mine. I can not pick who shoots over them.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:35 pm

I wouldn't rent out my dog and would have very little respect for any kennel that would do so. Doesn't matter how well the hunters are "vetted", they have no skin in the game for training/handling the dog. I have two friends that dogs' have been killed by another hunter (both accidents) and there is no way I would trust a stranger with handling my dog. I volunteer for youth hunts all the time - my dogs have been shot over by many novices - but only in controlled situations and with me handling the dog. Too many variables there that can go wrong.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:38 pm

Trekmoor wrote:I am another one who would not rent out any of my dogs to a stranger. I have seen far too many men who only want to shoot and who care nothing for the dog they shoot over. I wouldn't lease out a scabby rat to a stranger never mind one of my dogs.

Just one final thought, if a dog leased out to a shooting party hunt was accidentally shot, who will be paying for it and who would decide how much the dog was worth ?

Bill T.
Trek,

I tell all the little kids we do hunts with that one of the beagles (or pointers if we're pheasant hunting) is worth $10,000. If they shoot one, I'll let them know which dog it is. All said in jest, but you've got to have some control over who shoots over your dog!

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:41 am

First and last post ...... Very nice job.... No you scared away someone who wants to rent your dogs out. Lol

Saddle

Post by Saddle » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:44 pm

Kind of interesting how everyone on this forum owns $100000 dogs all the sudden.

SafetyChain

Post by SafetyChain » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:57 pm

I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit and desire to build a business in something you love (assuming). I think there would be hunters desiring the same thing, but you came on a gun dog forum and got a lot of clear feedback from the dog owners. I have always adhered to a philosophy of 30% of people will do whatever you tell them, 30% will do nothing you tel them. Its the remaining 40% you have to work with.

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Saddle wrote:Kind of interesting how everyone on this forum owns $100000 dogs all the sudden.
Huh, what does that mean? I didnt see any posts about $100,000 dogs or how you came up with that number.

S&J gsp

Post by S&J gsp » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Not trying to be smart but I don't own a 10000 dollar dog but it would take more than that to buy him because I know what I have and I'm not willing to let so.some else make me start over from pup to huntable dog. I can't speak for any one else but why try to make a quick buck trying to rent out your dog

Tyler S

Post by Tyler S » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:22 pm

S&J gsp wrote:Not trying to be smart but I don't own a 10000 dollar dog but it would take more than that to buy him
Not trying to be smart either....but you have a $10000+ bird dog, just like a lot of other folks on this site. Regardless of breed, pedigree or the like. Dogs hold a value that can't be judged by money, and a lot of it is in the eye of the beholder.

To answer the post, no I wouldn't "rent" my dogs out under any circumstances unless iam the handler.

Munster

Post by Munster » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Gundogrentals,

I dont think that you have really thought this thing through. SOme may have it figured diffrently, But it has taken me a good 2-3 years to have a solid finished/duck/upland/tracking dog. In the wrong hands, that dog can be destroyed on one hunt. A heavy handed hunter, a misplaces shot etc.

So, figure what you have in time, training and birds of a finished dog over 3 years. Are you seriously willing to give that up to try and make a buck? Why not just advertise a guide and dog service?

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:54 pm

Tyler S wrote:
S&J gsp wrote:Not trying to be smart but I don't own a 10000 dollar dog but it would take more than that to buy him
Not trying to be smart either....but you have a $10000+ bird dog, just like a lot of other folks on this site. Regardless of breed, pedigree or the like. Dogs hold a value that can't be judged by money, and a lot of it is in the eye of the beholder.
I'm with you. My dogs are not for sale -- or rent -- at any price. Any. I'm sure others would say the same about theirs.

SpinoneIllinois

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:56 pm

In fairness to the guy, he does mention in his post the possibility of the dog owner and the customer reaching an agreement wherein the owner goes along on the hunt and serves as the handler.
I could maybe see that, if it's a waterfowl hunt. I could maybe — maybe — do the same thing for an upland hunt, but I'd want to get to know the hunters well beforehand, and make sure they're responsible folks who won't shoot the dog.
But I just don't foresee me ever handing my dog off to others.

GWPtyler

Post by GWPtyler » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:28 am

C'mon guys. You took this hook, line and sinker.

One post from the OP, and no replies since. Troooooolllllllll...... :roll:

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:51 pm

Agreed I wouldn't lend my dog out either, BUT...
Tyler S wrote:...but you have a $10000+ bird dog, just like a lot of other folks on this site. Regardless of breed, pedigree or the like. Dogs hold a value that can't be judged by money...
You dangle 10g's in front of me for my pup, you better believe you are going home with it, and I will enjoy the fun of finding another one! Like someone once told me "they make them every day!"

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:26 pm

You dangle 10g's in front of me for my pup, you better believe you are going home with it
Heck yeah, 10 grand will buy a lot of puppies :) wheres he at? I gots 7 to choose from are aduols, 3 pups...

gundogrentals

Post by gundogrentals » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:47 pm

Thank you to everyone for your feedback / questions / suggestions and trooooolllll (GWPtyler) comments.

As you can tell I am new to this forum and was waiting for an email from the moderator to approve the post you all have graciously commented on when I realized today that it was approved back on June 9. I apologize for not answering faster but was glad to bring the topic up after reading through every post realized a majority consensus on the idea. heck NO! :D

Allow me to explain the reason for the idea and to convince you that we are in no way money hungry dog haters with no heart. I own 2 chocolate labs, sweet and smart in their own way with very minimum waterfowl/upland hunting experience. Trained? YOU BET, but on the verge of house dog status :( ! Would I rent my dogs out to some dumb idiot/s? NO WAY! (Mountaineer) So I understand where everyone is coming from and expected some of the answers that were given. We ALL love our dogs, I get that, but there are a lot of hunters who have not put the time/money/energy/sweat and tears into dog training like most of us here have done. Just because hunters out there that don't own dogs or who have not put the effort into their pups doesn't make them any less capable of enjoying hunting than you or me. Even if that means picking up my own birds (which I do not mind but saw a business idea unfold after walking through some reeds last season). Keep reading.

There are plenty of dumb ideas out there, this being one of them, but as an avid duck hunter and a person who just didn't put the amount of time in my pups as I should have, we need to open our minds to a friendly, safe, and universal way to make bird hunting not only EASIER and fun but far more personal than over paying a guide service. I've been there and don't want to go back. We need an open market place for avid hunters/businesses/kennels to share their dogs and maybe even make a buck in the process. Would this idea apply to you exactly? Maybe and for some, obviously not.

-But maybe it will apply to guide services that from time to time lack bird dogs due to client overbooking or their recent senior dog has suddenly turned over and they are in a panic for a fast replacement.
-Or maybe I am a kennel such as Pecan Tree Kennel in Bellville, TX that does lease gun dogs and want to really broaden my clientele and get the word out on my business.
-Or, if the handler is willing and is in need of cash, enjoys the sport so much that he/she is willing to go with hunters close to home as long as specific rules and guidelines are put in place before the hunt.

Let's be open here gentleman. We are not looking to make a large profit from this venture nor do we want to turn into the same guide service website for the 100th time (Munster). I am looking for a unique idea that is truly an agreement between dog owner and hunter and a place we can bring them together. That's all.

Maybe the term Gun Dog is too much for us to hear. How many craig's list adds have gone wrong? How many accidents have occurred at the gun range? Rent-our wives out? (smittty) Now that is a heck-OF-AN-IDEA! :wink:

The point here is to open ourselves up about this idea and let us know that if you were in charge of it, besides just not doing it, how would you market or change the concept of it that is similar to the original idea. What are some ideas that you wish were easier out in the field that involves our dog or no dogs that you would change or add-to the overall experience? Besides hiring a "bleep" GUIDE SERVICE! :oops:

Thanks again everyone for your feedback and I look forward to discussing this further!

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Where are you trying to start this? You mentioned Bellville, TX?

How would this differ from a guide service when most of the grounds are privately owned?

How much $ do you think someone would be willing to pay for the dog? When I guide, I provide the dogs and my services but I would not charge any less if I was not there. In fact, I would charge more.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:27 pm

gundogrentals wrote:...The point here is to open ourselves up about this idea and let us know that if you were in charge of it, besides just not doing it, how would you market or change the concept of it that is similar to the original idea.
I mentioned the British model as a marketing idea while delivering positives to dog and owner both.
Some shooters would eat that anglophile angle up.....you're welcome.
gundogrentals wrote:...What are some ideas that you wish were easier out in the field that involves our dog or no dogs that you would change or add-to the overall experience? ....
The tough days are what add to the experience....I can't see any profit in making them easier.
Easy, tough, whatever...it's all part of the greater whole for most Birdhunters.

As I noted and suggested :) , with some species, like doves, you might find folks interested in the experience and the outlay, if it was toney enough.
Otherwise and past the kennels and Preserves looking to keep their employees busy, it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.
Especially with pointing dogs and many upland game birds.
Guide services though have been around since Hector achieved puphood.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:40 pm

The only way i see this work is with a handler included period.

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:52 pm

I don't think the average 1 or 2 dog guy on this site is gonna rent his dog out to just anyone. Pretty well any of my friends and family can take my dogs hunting if they want, if they don't know how to use a collar they run them without one. Doubt they are gonna screw my dogs up beyo d repair over a day or two hunt.

That said some of the gundog trainers and trialers have and do part with dogs easily, lend them to preserves or whatever. I think there is a good market of people who would do this, the market just isn't the 1,2,3 house/family hunting/test/trial dog.

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Just hang around the return lane at a car rental place. Then ask yourself if you want bozos like that renting your friend.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:08 am

I have thought about doing it myself, I think it very doable.

Believe that it would have to be your own dogs, bred by you to keep the costs down. You could easily have a stable of 20 - 30 or more dogs, trained to hunting dog standards in less than two years.

I am more concerned about the care of the dog before and after the hunt. Just not sure how to handle the logistics.

I use to know a Texas outfitter that ran over a hundred dogs, he never bothered to named them, all males were called Buck, females Gyp. They were well cared for, much as a herd of cattle, they were not pets, not companions, they were working animals.

I think it grand that you all love your dogs so much, but in many cultures they are food.

I don't think any of you have the right to judge and preach to others on how they interact with ther dogs, short of abuse, it is none of your business. Many of you would be right at home at a PETA or HSUS meeting. Dogs are not people, they are property and have no rights, except to not be abused.

Saddle

Post by Saddle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:59 am

I've done this and I'll give you a brief overview of how it works.

First off I didn't do it with any of my personal dogs. Not any of my trial dogs or any of the dogs I valued at all. I knew there was a risk when I did it so I developed a string of dogs specifically for this. Most of my rental dogs were half breeds or unregistered dogs or Craigslist dogs I got for free with this specific purpose in mind. I didn't have any money invested in the dog other than my training which I did all myself. I never had a dog shot I never had a dog injured I never had a dog taken. I had a very clear contract which we went over up front. They had to put a very sizable deposit down via credit card before the dogs left my place. Most of the time the deposit was three to four times more then whatthe dog was even worth. This isnt a stupid idea I made a ton of money doing this. What you guys have to separate is your own personal string and a string of dogs that you're going to rent out. Of course you're not going to rent your best dogs or your good field trial dogs. You simply have a string of dogs that's designed specifically for this that you don't have a lot invested in in case something does happen to one of them. It's a money maker if you do it right. I never wanted to see any of the dogs get injured but I was more able to swallow it if one of them got injured vs one of my high caliber field trial dogs.

Neil
GDF Junkie

Post by Neil » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:09 pm

Saddle wrote:I've done this and I'll give you a brief overview of how it works.

First off I didn't do it with any of my personal dogs. Not any of my trial dogs or any of the dogs I valued at all. I knew there was a risk when I did it so I developed a string of dogs specifically for this. Most of my rental dogs were half breeds or unregistered dogs or Craigslist dogs I got for free with this specific purpose in mind. I didn't have any money invested in the dog other than my training which I did all myself. I never had a dog shot I never had a dog injured I never had a dog taken. I had a very clear contract which we went over up front. They had to put a very sizable deposit down via credit card before the dogs left my place. Most of the time the deposit was three to four times more then whatthe dog was even worth. This isnt a stupid idea I made a ton of money doing this. What you guys have to separate is your own personal string and a string of dogs that you're going to rent out. Of course you're not going to rent your best dogs or your good field trial dogs. You simply have a string of dogs that's designed specifically for this that you don't have a lot invested in in case something does happen to one of them. It's a money maker if you do it right. I never wanted to see any of the dogs get injured but I was more able to swallow it if one of them got injured vs one of my high caliber field trial dogs.
What I meant to say, had I the skill.

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:48 pm

Agree with Neil and Saddle on this one. I have pets and I have working animals some people don't understand it, I highly doubt that you would get those people to buy into an idea like this, I could.

gundogrentals

Post by gundogrentals » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:49 pm

Thank you for your input and positive words since my last post.

Everyone needs to think BIG with this idea. In order to get the word out to the masses and to the far corners of the United States who love to hunt, you have to think BIG! We are honestly not interested in buying a bulk of dogs, training them and then selling them locally where feasible. This is more like an online dating search site (in comparison).

-The Kennel in Belville, TX that I mentioned currently leases dogs to hunters and that was strictly one example of who may use our site (brazosvalleyvizslas).
-We are in NO WAY a guide service, just a website that makes potential matches with hunters within their area.
-The majority of bozos you mention (scott linden) don't hunt! We are not trying to tailor to trash or idiots who have never held a gun. Most of those idiots will remain around a rental car location or 7-11 and would not take interest in what we are offering. So let's get real here!

We also understand that you don't want to rent out your favorite family dog (this won't be for you). This will be for dogs that are strictly for training and business opportunity (and that are not abused obviously). Thank you (neil and saddle).

Think of our website as a way to uniformly search or be found on a broad scale, load your contract, set your price in advance depending on your dog and experience, all on a safe and secure site. We won't be responsible for the details of your business. We will offer insurance or you may require a deposit from your hunters. The choice is up to you.

Saddle

Post by Saddle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:17 pm

What would even surprise you more is the caliber of people that is willing to rent a bird dog. I dealt primarily with wealthy older customers that just didn't want to fool with a dog but wanted to hunt over one. The quality of individuals that I dealt with was quite a contrast as to what's been expressed here.

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 pm

As I said, unsurprising as it takes all kinds and there are certainly all kinds of hunters and shooters and dog owners out and about.....on either end, hammer rental or window dressing.

Go for it.