remote launchers

big_fish

remote launchers

Post by big_fish » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:38 pm

I was looking at buying a remote launcher from LCSuppy and I happened to be on gun dog supply and seen they have what looks to be the same one for a few bucks cheaper and free shipping. Does anyone know anything about the bl quail launcher from gun dog supply?

roaniecowpony

Re: remote launchers

Post by roaniecowpony » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:42 pm

I don't know about the gun dog supply brand but I have the DT systems BL505 and BL509 launchers and I like them very much

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:09 pm

I don't know about the remote's GDS have, looked and didn't see them. I have a double trap set from Lion Country. Have had them several years now and no problems.

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:11 pm

I have 3 DT launchers and none are currently working. My friend had 3 as well and his quit working. He sent his back to DT to be fixed and they treated him well. I plan on doing the same. I have heard nothing but good things about the Dogtra launchers. SCK

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:48 pm

DonF wrote:I don't know about the remote's GDS have, looked and didn't see them. I have a double trap set from Lion Country. Have had them several years now and no problems.

yep what Don said.

madmurph

Post by madmurph » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:06 pm

I can only speak of the DT brand BL series launchers. I would have no problem recommending them.

I have had mine for several years and haven't had any problems with them. The loading door and beeper locator are nice features. You can program 16 of them to your remote. I don't know if they are louder than others, but I am aware of guys changing the springs on their launchers to quiet them. One of mine is an older model that requires a magnet to turn on and off. The newer models have a power button which is a much better feature.

The only negative I can speak of is battery life. Even quality batteries do not seem to last real long. Again, I can't compare to other models, however.

Rustyoar

Post by Rustyoar » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:23 am

They are the same launcher, they even have LCS label on them. I saved and bit the bullet and bought two from GDS and so far I love them. The little controller needs a lanyard attached to it since its pretty small. They are quick to respond and light weight to carry. I have launched Chuckars and pigeons both with good success. Worth the money IMO, cheaper than a month with a trainer and a lot more fun.