witch track and train

smittty

witch track and train

Post by smittty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:33 pm

sportsdog Tek or Garmin alpha.. anyone try both units and compare? there's a big price difference that's for sure and i'm just not sure witch way to go what do you all think? im leaning towards the Tek

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: witch track and train

Post by DonF » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:58 pm

I've got the sport dog TEK. First one didn't come close to showing me where the dog was most the time. They took it back and sent me another, same problem. The things were usually off between 45 and 90 degree's but at times the dog came in from 180 degrees from where it said he was. I have a third one now but haven't tested it much, have lost faith in it. Very nice service people but they must have the worst quality control in the country. First chance I get I'm getting a Garmin. Does way more than I want or need but if it shows me where my dog is that will be a big improvement.

reba

Post by reba » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Pay once and cry once get the Garmin!!!!!!!

mask

Post by mask » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:35 pm

reba wrote:Pay once and cry once get the Garmin!!!!!!!
Yep.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:55 pm

if Garmin would bring out another tracker similar to the sport dog for about the same price, Sport Dog could close their doors. I know that I will never buy another sport dog product.

smittty

Post by smittty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:26 pm

DonF wrote:if Garmin would bring out another tracker similar to the sport dog for about the same price, Sport Dog could close their doors. I know that I will never buy another sport dog product.
See i have owned sportdog collars for about 8 years now and the few miner issue;s I've had have always been taking care of fast with their customer service.... but i will take your word about the TEK Don and thanks for your reply ..i its looking like garmin ... Anyone else?

Middlecreek

Post by Middlecreek » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Have put hundreds and hundreds of hours on a TEK. Simple, easy to use, yet everything you NEED for working dogs.

smittty

Post by smittty » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:37 pm

i may call them and see if they are willing to upgrade a lightly used 1825 i have for a TEK

wvmountainhick

Post by wvmountainhick » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:17 am

Not that this is going to be largely helpful but I'm running a garmin Astro 220 with dc30 collars. They've been accurate for me but didn't care for the nylon so I switched out the one I use most for a dayglo. Because my dogs are small and there's not enough neck on them for multiple collars, I'm getting ready to add the other one to my tritronics collar. They are the same dimensions and should work just fine. You'd still have to carry 2 units but will cut down on the collars on the dog. Can send you pics of the finished project when completed if you'd like to see it.