Sport Dog Beeper Collars

Jiminla

Sport Dog Beeper Collars

Post by Jiminla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Has anyone had problems with the DSL 400 beeper collars. I have two new ones and both are giving me problems. They have not made one hunting season. One is hung in point mode all the time and the other has a low muffled tone when beeping. I have taken the batteries out, tried resetting them, let them dry out in the house. Very dissatisfied with product. I will contact sport dog after I calm down a bit.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Sport Dog Beeper Collars

Post by DonF » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:54 pm

I bought a new TEK 1 tracking collar several month's ago. It wouldn't shot the dog where it really was being off 180* the worst. I believe that every company send's out a bad product now and then so I wasn't concerned. Talked to their customer service twice. The first time I took the suggestion's given me by the customer service guy. Didn't work but I was not unhappy. Second one I talked to had me ship the unit back, couple days before Christmas. I got a brand new one back soon after the first. They did not fix the first one, they sent a brand new one. Well it didn't work right either and them a few days ago the collar quit accepting a charge. Called them today and customer service is sending out another new one. Their customer service guy's have been great but their quality control leaves a lot to be desired. Either that or the design itself leaves a lot to be desired!

mrcreole

Post by mrcreole » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:47 pm

I'm waiting on a replacement from SportDog for my dsl400. Troubling to hear you are having problems too. I have three sportdog collars that are well used and have never given me any probs. Dissappointed with the beeper.

Jiminla

Post by Jiminla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Thanks for responding, I also use the sd 2525 collar with no problems. I just think their beepers are weak. Pisses me off when you pay someone 80$ a piece and they don't even make one hunting season.

mrcreole

Post by mrcreole » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Jiminla wrote:Thanks for responding, I also use the sd 2525 collar with no problems. I just think their beepers are weak. Pisses me off when you pay someone 80$ a piece and they don't even make one hunting season.
I see your from Kinder. I gave a young man from Kinder a puppy last year. Cant remember his name.

Jiminla

Post by Jiminla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey Creole, there is not many of us with bird dogs from Kinder, I could probably narrow it down with a little more info!

mrcreole

Post by mrcreole » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Jim, can't remember the guys name. I'd say he was in his thirties. I think he does HVAC work. The dog is an EP/GSP cross. Looks like an EP. White with black markings.

I'm in Lake Charles. Where are you hunting?

Jiminla

Post by Jiminla » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

Me and my brother are just hunting old cutovers. We also made a trip to sherburne and Indian bayou with some success. There are a lot of people hunting those reserves. I did not realize that many people had bird dogs.