My new Britt !!

zachsdad

My new Britt !!

Post by zachsdad » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:53 pm

Well. in Novmber, I'll be headed back to Iowa along with my Dad and son, Zachary to pick this fella up and bring him back to Texas. He is now five weeks old, but we have a deal worked out for me to go up then to pick him up and also get in a couple days of pheasant hunting. :D

I am sure glad dove season opens tomorrow to help keep me occupied til then.

littleking

Post by littleking » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:57 pm

wow... looking great! love them britts!

Birdhunter1

Post by Birdhunter1 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:00 pm

Nice looking pup, can you tell I'm partial to Britts?

I'm looking forward to tomorrow as well, but I think it's gonna be like last year... all the doves seemed to have moved out last week from everywhere since we got a nic ecold front in this week. a buddy of mine has a 10 acre sunflower field he bushhogged 1/2 of it off last week and we scared up maybe 10 doves yesterday.

But it ain't gonna stop me from going!!!!

Maverick

Post by Maverick » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:03 pm

Great looking pup!!
I look forward to more pictures after you get him home.
What lines is he out of?

Mav......

zachsdad

Post by zachsdad » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:07 pm

A buddy from work has a place just outside of a small town. White wings love livin in town and flying back and forth to feed in the country. He is on a major flight path. We tagged out easily several hunts last year and he told me yesterday that they are flying in all directions now and it looks even better.

Also, Zach has a school buddy that has asked us to hunt with him on his grandfather's place outside of Hondo. Same deal with grain fields behingd grandpa's place. cant wait. :D

EWSIV

Post by EWSIV » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:18 am

Bobby, that is one good lookin pup. I hope you are right about birds around Hondo. My old man is hunting there today and tomorrow.

Congrats on the new puppy,

Will

GSP4619

Post by GSP4619 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:33 am

Very nice looking!

ccavacini

Post by ccavacini » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:06 pm

Great looking pup...I got mine out of Iowa too...Maple River Brittanys...Storm Lake Iowa..

She's 4 months old now...full of piss and vinegar...just the way we like them.....the pup makes two Brittanys for me...the other is a female 7 years old.

Can't beat a Brittany.

Good luck.

zachsdad

Post by zachsdad » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:51 pm

Maverick, the dam is Nolans Last Bullet, Hammerin Hank and Cutty Sark

I have looked, but cant find the lineage on the sire. My breeder found him in Wisconsin. He told me the pups should be very "snappy" in the field. He is keeping a pair from this breeding, I i feel I can trust him.

Will, I was gonna send you an email to tell about the pup and see how your are gettin along in Austin. I'll get to it this weekend.

LuLu_01

A Beauty!

Post by LuLu_01 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:59 pm

Oh, adorable, love it's markings..How ever will you make it to November? Get lots of doves..good luck.

Trapper

Post by Trapper » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:20 pm

OMG. I want another one. Very cute!
PointFlushRetrieve.com - Personal Gun Dog Blog- Are You Ready? Is your gun dog ready

trhoades

Post by trhoades » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:38 pm

A Brittany? Never thought of owning one of them . Three or four maybe , but never just one :lol: . Nice looking pup . Enjoy

zachsdad

Post by zachsdad » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:58 pm

A little more info on the breeding of my new pup.

Cheka, the sire, is
Maverick
bred on the top and Nolan's Last Bullet on the bottom.

ccavacini, I just found out your Maple River Brittany is Maverick bred also.

My breeder is Tom Fuller and Covey Rise Kennels in Oxford IA

Breton13

Post by Breton13 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:39 pm

Love those brit-pups (of course)! Can't wait to see more pics and hear the stories!
Fay P.
Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said.
Penny's Pedigree
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=270