GSPCA National Futurity at Eureka Kansas

jcbuttry8

GSPCA National Futurity at Eureka Kansas

Post by jcbuttry8 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:18 pm

So, Half throwing around the Idea of making it down to Eureka this fall for the Futurity. My parents live in CO and would be a great excuse to kill two birds with one stone. Go spend some time with them and use there pickup to head to the futurity for a few days.

So, my questions are:

1. What is the general consensus as to what generally makes the cut at Eureka. I have read in a few places that if your pup doesn't run all age it won't place there. Not sure about this, the write up seemed somewhat bitter, so I thought I would get the opinions of the experienced here.

2. I have heard the trial will be in October, does anyone know the exact dates.

3. I am sure that a few of you have been to the show, so just wanted hear what you thought about the trial, the grounds, and how the overall run of the dogs seemed to be.

Thanks for any help. Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I have already started setting the bugs in the appropriate ears.

Joe

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: GSPCA National Futurity at Eureka Kansas

Post by Cajun Casey » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:03 pm

You have to be a member, the dog has to be nominated and the forfeits must be paid. The dog should be capable of a big race and a broke performance.

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:06 pm

Broke ,questionable, if you can get I front of the dog until the bird flushes you might have a chance. It is an AA futurity. You will need a fdsb shooting dog race.

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Broke ,questionable, if you can get I front of the dog until the bird flushes you might have a chance. It is an AA futurity. You will need a fdsb shooting dog race.
+1

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 pm

Big shooting dog race (AA preferred) with multiple finds is what you would like to see but does not always happens. It is preferable that the dog be at least broke to shot but not a requirement. If your dog is broke to shot and has a big SD or AA race with multiple finds you will be in the money most of the time. A short gun dog race or average gun dog race won't do it. I have watch several in the last few years and you just do not know what to expect sometimes.

jcbuttry8

Post by jcbuttry8 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:07 pm

Thanks for the help. Does anyone know the actual dates for this year.

Joe