Rescue opportunity Idaho

Wildweeds

Rescue opportunity Idaho

Post by Wildweeds » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:36 am

Forwarded from another group

Heads up to any rescue programs available.

"Please pass the word if someone who might want a hunting dog or jus another
dog I received this from Drew Wahlin President of idaho chuckar fondation

Ron Hammett walkwalk 408-629-684

You may have seen this on the news, but our Canyon County shelter just seized 30
English Setters and Pointers from deplorable conditions in Caldwell (news story
here: http://www.kivitv.com/news/local/184446521.html , seems they're from this
guy: http://www.lakehollowsetters.com/ ) Although he looks legitimate online, many of
the dogs were starving,covered in waste, and severely neglected.Turns out he was
also growing pot. I was actually there volunteering on the day he came in to
"check" on his dogs and was subsequently arrested. Crazy.

Anyway, I'm not sharing this to pain you, rather our shelter is maxed out and is
going to need help with foster and placement of many of these dogs. Do you have
rescue contacts/networks in your bird dog circles? People that have a love for
these breeds and would know what to do to help these poor creatures or find them
suitable care? Even if they just want to donate to support their care here in
Caldwell? I would love to be able to connect anyone who can help to our shelter
director. You can email me back at sevenstarsheltie@... or here, but I'm
checking the gmail much more frequently! J

Thank you somuch, I hope you had a very Merry Christmas with your own pack!
-Ariel"

I don't know much more about this, just passing the word along.
Alen

Brazosvalleyvizslas

Re: Rescue opportunity Idaho

Post by Brazosvalleyvizslas » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:48 am

I have room for a pointer in Texas.

Wildweeds

Post by Wildweeds » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 pm

I have nothing to do with this other than forwarding the original message via copy/paste,contact info is in previous post.It just goes to show that what is on the internet can be a smoke and mirrors show,I looked at the website this morning.

mask

Post by mask » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:06 pm

First of all don't believe every thing you read. While some of the dogs were thin they were not starving. I have seen the dogs and can tell you they were checked by an independent vet and they checked out ok. The man in question will not have dogs put down or killed just because they are old or a little infirm. Some of the dogs that were old were kept in the house and they were taken too. He has not been charged with any thing as far as the dogs. If he was growing dope that is whole different matter. The dogs are not up for adoption at this time.

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:29 pm

mask wrote:First of all don't believe every thing you read. While some of the dogs were thin they were not starving. I have seen the dogs and can tell you they were checked by an independent vet and they checked out ok. The man in question will not have dogs put down or killed just because they are old or a little infirm. Some of the dogs that were old were kept in the house and they were taken too. He has not been charged with any thing as far as the dogs. If he was growing dope that is whole different matter. The dogs are not up for adoption at this time.

I remember a story about a pointer that was removed from it's owner while in the process of being shipped back to Texas, it was reported that the animal was emaciated. After the vet examination the pointer was returned. My point being, there are a lot of folks out there that don't know squat about what working dogs look like only that the lab down the street looks healthier. I have been around pointers enough to know that some still look skinny no matter how much you feed them.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:51 pm

There was that shorthair breeder in SoDak a few years ago, too. No charges and damages in his favor, but it didn't make a difference to the dogs who died in the hands of "rescue."

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 pm

Obviously this is just my opinion but read the article and look at the photos, several of those dogs are more than "just a little thin". BUT I have no idea what else could be going on.
Last edited by ACooper on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:42 pm

The dogs look on the thin side for sure, malnourished....not really. google search images for malnourished.

mask

Post by mask » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:07 pm

OK, I have done a little checking. The man involved has had his kennel license renewed every year for at least 25 years. The kennel has been inspected two of the last five years and passed. The kennel was deemed not modern but was adequate. While some dogs were thin they were healthy and the kennel passed inspection. This whole charade was HSUS and/or PETA induced. If any of those dogs are gotten rid of in any fashion there is going to be one heck of a law suit.

bmcox86

Post by bmcox86 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:29 pm

The dogs in the pictures just look like normal healthy setters that have been run daily. I don't see anything malnourished in the pics

ymepointer

Post by ymepointer » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:18 pm

I sold a couple a pointers to a fellow who treats them like grandkids.....feeds them the best food and as much as they want....heck they eat better than I do and they look about like those setters in that article, so I agree we should withhold judgement until the facts all come out

tn red

Post by tn red » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:21 am

The half sunken blue barrels and chains do not appear to be the way any dog should live. As for the weight of the dogs. I have a male here that I constantly get questioned on if I feed him enough or not. The dog has a constant bowl of food, but just doesnt eat well. Nothing I can do about it. It may be the same for the setters pictures. But if you jusdge the feeding of the dogs with the housing conditions......I doubt it.