Kennel types

Mstng_ray

Kennel types

Post by Mstng_ray » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:00 am

Just wondering what type of kennel people prefer for in the house. Right now my pup sleeps in a pet carrier style kennel. But she needs a bigger one and I have been looking at the wire style kennels. What do u guys think? Open style wire or the carrier type.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Re: Kennel types

Post by ultracarry » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:03 am

I keep the puppy in the carrier type while the big one goes into the open air wire on occasion or while cleaning.

duckn66

Post by duckn66 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:07 am

Wire crate. One that collapses flat when not in use.

brittfans

Post by brittfans » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:10 am

I like the plastic one as the wire ones the dog seem to stick their legs out.If your gone and the dog has diarrhea in the wire cage its sprayed all over in the plastic one you have a dirty pup that needs washed but you can take the hole thing outside and clean it. Also Ive had a dog break a tooth off on a wire kennel.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:06 pm

I use crates indoors mostly for when my dogs come in wet and muddy and it's too wet and muddy to leave them in the dogyard. Solid side ones do better at containing the dust, dirt, and hair.

Used to use the plastic ones but switched to softside; softside is NOT a good choice unless your dog is really crate broke. I like them because they are very lightweight and collapse really flat, and they never rattle :lol:

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:41 pm

brittfans wrote:I like the plastic one as the wire ones the dog seem to stick their legs out.If your gone and the dog has diarrhea in the wire cage its sprayed all over in the plastic one you have a dirty pup that needs washed but you can take the hole thing outside and clean it. Also Ive had a dog break a tooth off on a wire kennel.
+1 seems to be nicer for when an accident happens

Corry