A tough decision.

jcbuttry8

A tough decision.

Post by jcbuttry8 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:55 pm

So, I figure that when the avatar pic changes it will come out anyway so,

I finalized the sale of Kona today.

She has really turned into an exceptional dog and deserves a shot at the big times. She is definitely the right dog, just the wrong time in life for me. I have tried to play as much of the pointer game as I can but with three kids in school and life in sports, it just isn't a game that I can afford. So, I have made the decision to put her in the hands of someone that can give her the chance to make a run at it. She will be a permanent fixture on Mike Tracy's string. She will be missed here but I will be able to see her often at the trials around here and from time to time when up at Mike's.

The other half of the reason for this change up is the pressure from my kids. My daughter really wants to give trialing a shot. So, with the help of Mike aka Middlecreek here on this site. We will be making the changeover to running a shorthair in AKC. My lovely 12 year old will be running in the Am's with the puppy and I will be pulling all the open stakes. We are hoping to have the pup out here in the next month and get started training the pup and Emily. I am in hopes that with a pup that can run a gun dog race that my daughter can have as much fun at this as I do. My 13 year old really wants to hunt pheasant and has really taken to rabbit hunting so I think the versatile dog will be the best match for us. Hopefully, Tommyboy will some day forgive me for switching over to a shorthair. :D :D

Here is a picture of the lovely lady that we will be starting over with. Hope she is as good on the ground as she looks in a picture.

Joe

Ghosted3

Re: A tough decision.

Post by Ghosted3 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Sorry to hear that Kona is no longer yours. I remember reading posts of yours about Kona and being excited for you hearing updates from the trainers. Awesome to hear that you are getting your daughter involved in trialing, that has to help with the sadness right there. Hopefully everything works out. I think the positive family time will work out in your advantage in the long run.

Corry

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:59 am

Yea, that's a rough one for sure. Glad your trying to do the best for all involved and I think its a win win. Congrats on the puppy!

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:16 am

Your smarter than a lot of folks in the same situation,take the money ,start a college fund and move on. Sounds like you can see the dog occassionaly. I hope your daughter enjoys fieldtrialing the new pup.

rinker

Post by rinker » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:07 am

Are you giving up on Pointers because your first one was too good? You should be able to find a Pointer that runs a foot hunting kind of ground race that you or your daughter can handle in walking trials. Congratulations on the sale of your dog.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:50 pm

I haven't been on in awhile and just saw it Joe.

It hurts Joe, it hurts.

I thought I had converted you and you go and do this.

I give you the keys to the kingdom and you sell them to live in the trailerpark. :P

Still waiting on my plaques by the way. :lol: