Puppy Buying Scam!

hi-tailyn

Puppy Buying Scam!

Post by hi-tailyn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:51 pm

I received a text from this person saying they were interested in puppies or a dog from me. I sent them a email and this was their response.

Beware of the scammers. If anyone brings up about sending Western Union check for a larger amount than what you are asking for your dog. BEWARE. :twisted:
Plz reserve 1 lovely female dog for my son
Kelly Anderson <andersonkelly444@ymail.com>
To:
Hello ,
Thanks for your response..it was due to my hearing impaired that lead to the Email,and i would love to buy the lovely female Dog,Concerning the payment i am going send you my check and i would need the following details for the check to get you fast.....Here is the information needed for the check to get you soon...

Your...Full Name
Your..Mailing address, no p.o.box please
Your...direct telephone number both home and cell.?
Final price....
Acceptance Of My Offer

Pls get back to me with the information so that the check can be sent out to you as soon as possible...Concerning the shipping company of my lovely dog which am buying for my Son gift,my shipping company will come for the pick up at your location so don't worry about the shipment i will take care of that and the check will be overdraft after you received the check you deduct the money that is accrues to you and will help me to send the remaining balance to my shipping company through via western union or money gram outlet for the pick in your location ,Looking forward to hear from you ..
n.b== i will give you extra $50 to reserve for me..
Thanks
How many of you have gotten one or more of these emails or automated phone call saying they are from a person who is deaf.

Just wanted to pass this on to any new breeders out there.
NASDC 3xNGDC-RU FC AFC Gertrudes Blue Brandi JH (Brandi) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=4915
FC Hi-Tailyn Elektra Fly'n (Elektra)http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4916
Hi-Tailyn Katara (Katara) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4917
Hi-Tailyn Brandi High (Heidi) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4920

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Re: Puppy Buying Scam!

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:58 pm

This is nothing new,I've had them in the past & the last litter I sold is now 4 yrs old.So they have been around for quite a few yrs.

MHWH

Post by MHWH » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:02 pm

scam, and probably from another country. Looking at the grammar, english is not likely this person's
primary language. Never heard of this one, good to know.

Mike

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Many times they will also use a live operator here in the states. Same operators that are here.to help the deaf. The term final.price is a dead giveaway with most scammers. Nigeria is the country that many scams operate from. Craigslist is a great place to read up on scams in their help pages. Follow your gut and do not reply. Make a desperate email account for that type of business. Separate not desperate (this phones autofill is a pain, and hard to go back and edit)

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:04 pm

It would seem like anybody smart enough to work a scam would know the english language a bit better. I had one from the same name recently. I can't believe any one bites on this, but they must because they don't go away. Cj

CHJIII

Post by CHJIII » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:55 pm

I've recieved three separate ones on the litter I have now. Some people............

hi-tailyn

Post by hi-tailyn » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:00 pm

I get at least one every time I put a litter on the major gun dog breeder list.
NASDC 3xNGDC-RU FC AFC Gertrudes Blue Brandi JH (Brandi) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=4915
FC Hi-Tailyn Elektra Fly'n (Elektra)http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4916
Hi-Tailyn Katara (Katara) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4917
Hi-Tailyn Brandi High (Heidi) http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=4920

JeremyS

Post by JeremyS » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:50 pm

I got the same one from the same person/address. It was the second one I have had like it this month. I usually just tell them that I require phone calls to buy puppies, don't deal with shipping brokers and that I forward these emails to one of my friends at ICE that likes to chase after scammers. Usually puts an end to them for a while.

campgsp

Post by campgsp » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:08 am

Yep a few times

They can be persistent too. Very annoying.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:17 am

Maybe Im slow....

What does this person stand to gain?

A free pup?

Your personal info?

Just curious.....

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

CHJIII

Post by CHJIII » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:27 am

jimbo&rooster wrote:Maybe Im slow....

What does this person stand to gain?

A free pup?

Your personal info?

Just curious.....

Jim
Two thing sthey gain.
1. Identity theft
2. They send bogus casheirs check, you cash and give some of it (for shipping) to an accomplice. Bank comes back at you for the money.

Probably more I'm not thinking of.

jimbo&rooster

Post by jimbo&rooster » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 am

Ahhhh Gotcha.

Jim
A limit on the strap is nice, but the kill has nothing to do with tradition.

Ricky Ticky Shorthairs

Post by Ricky Ticky Shorthairs » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:31 am

They get the pup too.

JeremyS

Post by JeremyS » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:11 am

They don't usually get the merchandise they are paying for. There is no shipping agent actually involved and all they are looking for is the money that you are going to return to them via western union or other wire service. They might also try to get your identity to scam more of your money if they can. This scam is run anytime someone is selling anything. I have investigated several of these and they almost all originate in Nigeria and several come out of Canada. Not much authorities can do for you if you fall victim to one of these scams. Some federal agencies will investigate these, but usually only on a large scale operation.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:38 am

I received more than one of them when I put a boat for sale on the internet. They all involved a shipping broker and even received a cashier's check from one of them which was for more than the price of the boat. I was instructed to send the amount of the over payment to a third party :roll: . Like this one, the English was very poor. These scams are so obvious, I can't imagine anybody falling for them.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:04 pm

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

DogNewbie

Post by DogNewbie » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:53 pm

markj wrote:http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/

nuff said lol
I'm dying....my favorite quote from Monkey Man to the scammer, "If there is one word to describe me, it is "HELPING OTHERS" Haha

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:57 pm

I got this EXACT scam when I posted a bunch of junk for sale for my landlord. I got it in an eMail and I thought it was a scam, but they were persistent, so I told them, "Sure, go ahead and send the money." I actually got a check in the mail. It was a real check and looked great. I figured something was up so I went down to the bank and they called the number on the check, a guy answered and proceeded to tell the bank all about the scam. I guess they make the check out in someone else's name, falsely, and when you cash it and send $1,000 to the "shipping company," then they find out the check was a fraud you have to reimburse the bank the $1,000 because it wasn't your's to withdraw. The guy said he gets these calls all the time. I tried to report it, but the bank said there was nothing we could do because we couldn't track it and it was inter-state. We had an eMail address, a name for the Western Union, where the check was mailed from (post mark), etc, but they said we couldn't do anything. I just don't get how there is NOTHING that can be done.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

trasmuson3

Post by trasmuson3 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:28 am

Yup these things happen all the time, not just for buying puppies. They are called Nigerian Scams because this is where these peopl are based out of and they try it on everybody. I work at a bank and run across this type of thing all the time, so everyone BE AWARE. You'll always be able to tell because the grammar is always incorrect, and they are always asking for Money Grams or Western Union.

3Britts

Post by 3Britts » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:45 pm

If you want to have some fun with scammers like this, tell they to send you the "check" and then tell them that you send the remaining monies back via fedex. :twisted: They go nuts and you will find out just how hearing impared they are. Make sure that you don't send them any money, as they are generally from another country and are simply trying to rip you off.