I need electronic help for DIY remote launcher build

aulrich

I need electronic help for DIY remote launcher build

Post by aulrich » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:17 am

So oddly enough the 4 channel remote and reciveres I got off of e-bay did not have manuals like I expected, and interpreting the back of the reciever is out of my depth, though I did figure out where the power goes :), this is the unit I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330796761413?ss ... 804wt_1191

This is the back of one of the reciever units.
reciverunit.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aulrich

Re: I need electronic help for DIY remote launcher build

Post by aulrich » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:28 pm

OK I think I am getting close

Pretty sure com1 com2 are the two channels, and NC_ and NO_ are normally closed and normally open. Now most other units have a learn button, but I am not seeing it. I do have a note in with the vendor to see if there is any documentation.

John S

Post by John S » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:22 am

Ok, I know this is an older post but since I am in the middle of a conversion and this thread came up in my search I'll add my .02 to it and maybe help someone else out in the future.
COM1 & COM2 are the common terminals between the NO & NC. Basically they are relay (K1 & K2 on the PCB) terminals.In looking at the picture of the PCB i believe your 4 channels are #1 NO/NC (i.e. on/off) and #2 NO/NC (on/off).
Remember, the only way you will be able to use multiple launcers with this is to run a long wire from the receiver to the launchers.
I'm curious how this worked out for you?

aulrich

Post by aulrich » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 am

That particular controller board did not, the problem was it was not momentary it was press on and press off. I did get another set to work, and it worked quite well, the power only stayed on while the button is pushed. I bought 3 set so I have back up controllers. I can run multiple receivers with one controller just buy using the different channels. I still have plans to pair up one of the launches with a backer board.

Electronics $6
Battery (12v gel) $12
Actuator $9
Project bits $10

37$ for the conversion and if your remotely handy it's an easy build

As a unit the box is a little rough, I would not want to use it when it was wet, but for a guy training one dog it works. We did have some initial reliability issues, but that was worked out by adjusting tension in the wire between the actuator and the lever arm.

It's not pretty but I can post pic if folks want.

I am contemplating making a remote spinner wings with the continuous power controller.