Dogtra Launcher question

rinker

Dogtra Launcher question

Post by rinker » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 am

I have been using some old Scott pigeon/quail sized manual launchers for years. Last week I finally broke down and bought three Dogtra remote launchers. I got them home and took them out of the box and set them next to my old launchers in the garage. I noticed immediately that they are quite a bit smaller than my old Scott launchers. Does everyone's pigeons fit easily in to their Dogtra launchers?

SpinoneIllinois

Re: Dogtra Launcher question

Post by SpinoneIllinois » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:29 pm

They fit just fine. But you'll find that, when using pigeons, it works best if you put them in with their head at the end with the release arm. Otherwise you have to bend their tail feathers around the release arm.

bwjohn

Post by bwjohn » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:31 pm

most pigeons fit fine in the launchers. My training partner does have some very larger pigeons that some time are a tight fit, but they always go in.

brandon

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:10 am

bwjohn wrote:most pigeons fit fine in the launchers. My training partner does have some very larger pigeons that some time are a tight fit, but they always go in.

brandon
But do they come out in one piece. :mrgreen:
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

rinker

Post by rinker » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:09 pm

I used them today and the pigeons fit just fine. I was just surprised how much smaller than the Scott launchers they were.