stoneface collar worth the wait

ibbowhunting

stoneface collar worth the wait

Post by ibbowhunting » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:41 pm

i just thought you guys and gals should know that rowdy (stoneface)cares alot about his product, makes sure you get what you ordered. i order a collar from stoneface, he contacted me right away wondering if i received the collar yet, there was some sort of mix up in the shipping which the first collar never made it to me, so he made a new collar and sent in out asap in the whole process he contacted me atleast 8 times via phone or pms. i firmly believe that its not the problems you have,its how you solve them. and rowdy took care of me, and i'm sure after makeing the collar twice and shipping it twice,he made little to no profit but he made sure i got what i ordered and i was a happy customer. thank you rowdy if i needed a collar id do all over again

BTW the collar looks great and i would recommend a stoneface collar to all of you

smoothbean

Re: stoneface collar worth the wait

Post by smoothbean » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Nice to know someone cares about more than just the sale, You going to do collars at the Birddog Jamboree??

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks for the kind remarks, Bill. It's funny that you were one of my first customers and it was just a nightmare right out of the gate! I still wonder what happened to that first collar I sent to you. It's still MIA!

Bean, I really do plan on selling them at the Jam. Gotta get my $100 to you guys for the booth and I plan on donating some for auction, too. I'm taking tomorrow off so I can build a display and make up a bunch of collars to put out for sale at Moxy's first trial of the year on Sunday. I would like to work towards investing in more specialized equipment that will help streamline the production process so I can turn them out much faster and reduce the price as much as possible. It'd be nice to have a ton of collars on hand at any time.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

deke

Post by deke » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 am

What color collars are you selling, and how much?

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:44 am

Hey Rowdy, maybe you should put a link down with your perfect pedigrees that shows all your colors and a picture of your finished product. Oh and +1 on his collars they are sweet. I know Rowdy has Orange red green yellow and I want to say blue and probably more but I am not 100% sure. He did have a video that showed all colors and process of making them.

Corry

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:10 pm

I think you're right, G. I do need to post some info in my signature about the collars. I may need to get on that pretty quick.

D, the collars come in orange, yellow, pink, green, blue and red. I have a one-size-fit-all template for up to about 60 lbs, but beyond that (I know you have labs) you may want to send a neck circumference. The collars run $15 without a name plate, $20 with. Shipping is $5, but shipping is waived for order of more than one collar. The name plate can take up to three lines of text with up to sixteen characters, including letters, numbers, symbols and spaces.

Here is a link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54lZH9MsQh8
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:15 am

Rowdy will also put in goofy stuff on the collar too. My pups says
Titus
Call my humans
phone number

I love it.

Corry

bb560m

Post by bb560m » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:53 am

If you buy a collar can you still run in amateur braces?

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:11 am

bb560m wrote:If you buy a collar can you still run in amateur braces?
I sure hope so! If not, that would cut my market by about 95%! ;)
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:16 am

I can buy Leather feel collars for 6.95 with nameplate and they last for years ....so what makes these collars worth 25 bucks shipped? Honest question......
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 am

It sounds fair. Time and supplies for a handmade, custom collar.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Ghosted3

Post by Ghosted3 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:42 am

birddog1968 wrote:I can buy Leather feel collars for 6.95 with nameplate and they last for years ....so what makes these collars worth 25 bucks shipped? Honest question......
Fair question, but a few things come into play. The material is superior (imo), the colors are a neon-ish color so you have better visibility of your dog, they are hand crafted, plus you are supporting someone here on the forum not slave labor in India or Korea.

Corry

bb560m

Post by bb560m » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:44 am

You can get the glow collars with name plate, delivered, for like $11 on gun dog supply... is the material *that* much better? I've had one for 2 years now, no problems except some color fade.

ibbowhunting

Post by ibbowhunting » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:18 am

Well the collar I took off by dog was over 10 dollars no name tag and after 6 months It looks like crap and I had to buy it when I was out of town which was. 2 hr travel so. $25 for a handmade collar from the US was a good deal to me! I guess I could of save my money an bought 5 gals of gas. if you don't want one don't buy one, but if you do rowdy will take care of you .that's the reason that I started this post to let you all know that his collars are a quality product with good customer support its that simple

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:03 pm

BD, these "Stoneface Collars" are a little different than other collars you'll see. When I bought into it I decided they would have to be something special or there would be no demand and the investment wouldn't be an investment at all. These collars are made of Biothane. I don't know if you've had any dealings with it, but it's a great material. The feel of it, even, in my opinion, is better than other grade material. I use cast hardware, split rivets (virtually impossible for these to give out) and the whole collar is 1.5" wide. I think the width is a major interest point. First off, the wider collar looks better - not trying to brag, but a broad collar looks sharper on a dog than a thinner collar - they are a WHOLE lot easier to spot in the field and, one of the most important points, is that they're more comfortable for the dogs. I was holding a 1' collar next to a 1.5" collar when I first bought into this deal, just to compare them, and while I was jacking around I put the 1" collar around my neck, then the 1.5" collar. I was AMAZED at how much more supportive and comfortable that 1/2 inch was. And, for those who have bought one of these collars, I would encourage you to do this - put both around your neck and pull or have a family member pull and post your opinion.

More than anything the price form my standpoint is out of necessity. If it's going to take me however long to make one collar and the cost of materials is however much, I'm going to need to get X dollars per collar to make it worth my while. The demand has gone up on me and I'm looking at buying a shop press from Harbor Freight and modifying it to click out the edges and wholes and am modifying an arbor press to hopefully set rivets quicker and easier so I can turn out more collars in a shorter amount of time, allowing me to drop the price and, hopefully, increasing demand even more. If I could really streamline the process and drop the prices way down I'd like to sell in bulk to retailers (GDS, maybe?). What I mean is, I've been working a few days on a 60-collar base inventory I want to have on-hand at all time. I'm maybe half-way done and my fingers are raw and I need to put in an order for more materials. On top of that I've donated a lot of collars to trials for judges gifts, prizes, etc, and that adds a little to the retail price of the collars.
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------

aferrer30

Post by aferrer30 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:50 pm

What is the collar in the back for? Sorry for my ignorance.

Johng918

Post by Johng918 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:54 pm

aferrer30 wrote:What is the collar in the back for? Sorry for my ignorance.
It's a flank collar a lot use it when whoa training.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:50 pm

It's an eCollar. You put it around the dog's flank and if you stimulate him at that location he's inclined to not move. Works great if you know how to do it. I usually don't do it, but both my girls kept creeping in the breaking process, so I conceded.

If you are planning on trying it, make sure you post for comments and recommendations first. If you don't know how to read a dog or how to handle it, it could be a big hassle. Wait until you get the rodeo affect for the first time!
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------

bb560m

Post by bb560m » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Stoneface wrote:It's an eCollar. You put it around the dog's flank and if you stimulate him at that location he's inclined to not move. Works great if you know how to do it. I usually don't do it, but both my girls kept creeping in the breaking process, so I conceded.

If you are planning on trying it, make sure you post for comments and recommendations first. If you don't know how to read a dog or how to handle it, it could be a big hassle. Wait until you get the rodeo affect for the first time!
Why not just teach the dog what whoa means with ecollar on neck?

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 pm

A lot of people will tend to say it's because you don't want to teach a dog two commands via a collar on the neck. For example, if you're running your dog and Whoa him from way off and he moves then you stimulate him he can tend to recall because he was taught to recall via the collar around the neck, even though he was also taught to Whoa from around the neck. If the dog ONLY recalls from around the neck and ONLY Whoas via the flanks, there's no margin for confusions. I'm not arguing with that, but the primary reason I do it is because a dog is more inclined to stop if you stimulate him around the flank. If you're out in the field with your dog and you've never, ever recalled your dog and you've never Whoaed your dog then you put collar on his flank and one around his neck then turned him loose, if you were to, with your mouth shut, stimulate his flank he may go into the rodeo affect and flop like a bronc or a fish out of water, but he will eventually settle down and come to a pause. If you put stimulation on his neck he'll run back to you because you're his safe haven.
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------

bb560m

Post by bb560m » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:32 pm

Stoneface wrote:A lot of people will tend to say it's because you don't want to teach a dog two commands via a collar on the neck. For example, if you're running your dog and Whoa him from way off and he moves then you stimulate him he can tend to recall because he was taught to recall via the collar around the neck, even though he was also taught to Whoa from around the neck. If the dog ONLY recalls from around the neck and ONLY Whoas via the flanks, there's no margin for confusions. I'm not arguing with that, but the primary reason I do it is because a dog is more inclined to stop if you stimulate him around the flank. If you're out in the field with your dog and you've never, ever recalled your dog and you've never Whoaed your dog then you put collar on his flank and one around his neck then turned him loose, if you were to, with your mouth shut, stimulate his flank he may go into the rodeo affect and flop like a bronc or a fish out of water, but he will eventually settle down and come to a pause. If you put stimulation on his neck he'll run back to you because you're his safe haven.
Haven't seen this in my dog at all. The collar for me doesn't give a command, it gets them to focus to the command I'm giving. To each their own.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:43 pm

I'm not a fan of Whoa to begin with. Not against it, but I just don't see the point in it as much. I don't tell my dogs to Whoa on point and don't see the point in doing it off of point very often. If they take a step when they're on point I'll correct them without saying anything. People say don't correct a dog on point, but, like you said, to each his own.
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------