I know it's too young to tell, but.

cptn

I know it's too young to tell, but.

Post by cptn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:02 pm

brittpups1.jpg
brittpups2.jpg
Which pattern do you favor?

My favorite is the female's pattern. She's one the with a round spot on the right side of her face, and the rest of the most white pups are boys. I wish she was a boy!

I'm choosing from the boys, and I love each one's pattern. The one with his face squeezed between the body of a boy and a girl is the runt I was speaking of in another thread. :]

In these photos, they are about two weeks. What do you think? Good-looking pups?

Also, my breeder is telling me that she is going to allow then to go home at 7 weeks because they are way too large, and now that they are almost 4 weeks, the dam is really pushing the weaning process. She says she's just following the dam's "orders." Is this standard, or should I be wary? She seems like a good, reputable breder, and she has been breeding American Brittanys for 35 years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
---
July Rousse - "Roussey"
Alex - "Grem-grem"

Angus

Re: I know it's too young to tell, but.

Post by Angus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:08 pm

I like the one on the right in the first pic. I am guessing that is the female. So, I would go for second pic left. :wink:

It's a shame there aren't any like this guy. :lol:

Last edited by Angus on Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Red

Post by Red » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:09 pm

t's a shame there aren't any like this guy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Earth First, We Can Hunt The Rest Of The Planets Later.

cptn

Post by cptn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:22 pm

:lol:

I know! I'd buy him in a heartbeat.

It'd be even more ironic if she were a girl with that...pattern. :lol:
---
July Rousse - "Roussey"
Alex - "Grem-grem"

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:25 pm

If we were picking, I think we'd end up with the runt. Around my house, the husband thinks that the best dog in the litter always has a single spot on the top of it's head. So there would only be discussion if there were more than one with that single spot.

As for the 7 week thing...you can read the many discussions already posted. Many, many reputable breeders are going up to 10 weeks of age. Nothing to do with size of pups or whether they eat on their own or not. It's all about early socialization. They learn things from their dam and siblings that you can't duplicate. IMO, 8 weeks is the absolute minimum - with 10 weeks being even better. Do your own research on the issues caused by taking pups early (and it's pretty widely accepted now that 7 weeks is early). Many states, mine included, don't legally allow you to rehome/sell pups under 8 weeks of age. Puppies should stay with their litter until that minimum age.

Fireside

Post by Fireside » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Looks like a nice litter of Brittanys. Pick the one you like the best but please try to talk the breeder into keeping them all together until at least 8 weeks.

Good Luck!!

Munster

Post by Munster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 pm

Angus wrote:I like the one on the right in the first pic. I am guessing that is the female. So, I would go for second pic left. :wink:

It's a shame there aren't any like this guy. :lol:

How about this one. You get the member and the side profile of the guy!

http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.