DT lauchers

Hattrick

DT lauchers

Post by Hattrick » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:36 pm

I have 2 DT lauchers does the DT remote work with other lauchers like loin country or dogtras?

laxhcky4

Re: DT lauchers

Post by laxhcky4 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:52 pm

Yes, you should be able to program them. The dial on top has more than one number right?

They are pretty easy to program but I can't remember how to do it right off hand. You can get directions on their website

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:07 pm

" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:13 pm

I think it will operate up to around 12-15 devices of DT produces. Just was hoping to program it to different brands other than DT. I herd guys doing it just not sure which brand it was

V-John

Post by V-John » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:40 am

None of my launchers work with either one of the DT remotes I have.

Yeah, I'm really thrilled with DT.
:roll:

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:41 am

V-John wrote:None of my launchers work with either one of the DT remotes I have.

I have two sets of Dogtra, well one is an older DT and the other is Dogtra, and I can make them all work off one transmitter or two.

Now there could be more than one frequency that is is sold and mine happen to be the same....but there are two sets of jumpers inside the unit. One set determines the number of the launcher 1, 2, 3, etc. adn the other determines maybe the frequency.

It's pretty easy to open the back of the unit and take a peak. Snap a digital photo so you can return them to original if it don't work out.
Dan

V-John

Post by V-John » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:36 am

Wyndancer wrote:
V-John wrote:None of my launchers work with either one of the DT remotes I have.

I have two sets of Dogtra, well one is an older DT and the other is Dogtra, and I can make them all work off one transmitter or two.

Now there could be more than one frequency that is is sold and mine happen to be the same....but there are two sets of jumpers inside the unit. One set determines the number of the launcher 1, 2, 3, etc. adn the other determines maybe the frequency.

It's pretty easy to open the back of the unit and take a peak. Snap a digital photo so you can return them to original if it don't work out.
I should have clarified.

The "beeper" button will work when I press it with the launcher, but the "Launch" button won't. And part of the time, the light on the transmitter won't light up when I try and press it.
I have a set of launchers (DT with transmitter), and the GF has a set of launchers.. (DT with transmitter). Both transmitters have the same problem.
So essentially, I have two transmitters that don't work.
Unless I want the beeper portion to work. it works fine on both transmitters.

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:45 am

V-John wrote: I should have clarified.

The "beeper" button will work when I press it with the launcher, but the "Launch" button won't. And part of the time, the light on the transmitter won't light up when I try and press it.
I have a set of launchers (DT with transmitter), and the GF has a set of launchers.. (DT with transmitter). Both transmitters have the same problem.
I've had my DT unit back and forth to Collar Clinic for 3 years, and now CC says they'll pay to have Dogtra work on it. It's the darnedest thing, when you've lost faith in them, you really don't want to use them.
Dan

V-John

Post by V-John » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Wyndancer wrote:
V-John wrote: I should have clarified.

I've had my DT unit back and forth to Collar Clinic for 3 years, and now CC says they'll pay to have Dogtra work on it. It's the darnedest thing, when you've lost faith in them, you really don't want to use them.
I agree. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time of heard of this... Seems like almost everyone who buys them has problems with them, you would think that they would take better care of their customers.

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 pm

I have 4 others that give me no trouble at all, just one problem child....I'd buy more, in fact the one I have that is giving me and Collar Clinic, trouble, may suffer a tragic accident. Then I'll replace it.....there's only so much a guy can take :)
Dan

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:30 pm

I was hoping to 2 Lion country lauchers to my DT crew and work off my DT remote

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:53 pm

I've had exactly the same problem with 3 different DT remotes. After the 1 year warranty expires, DT's going to charge you for repair, even though they know and have known it's a consistent issue. I told them after the last one that it would be my last and I'd be replacing ALL of their equipment and the attitude I got was pretty much "Oh well". When my current one cooks, I'll be replacing all my electronics on my launchers with TriTronics Pro controllers, just as I did with my old DT E-collar. If that's all the better service they care to give, I'll give my business to someone that does try to provide quality and service.
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:37 pm

You put TT electronics on DT ,Loin counrty and other launchers ? Thats kinda what i was looking for 1 electronic system that works on every thing lauchers, wingers and so fourth

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:39 pm

man my grammer sucks :oops:

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:49 am

Man your gramer sucks! :mrgreen:

I think the Lion Country electronics works on all traps. But I think what they mean is their reciever will work on all traps and probably with their own transmitter. I have a Lion Country remote and am going to get another trap with reciever to add onto my transmitter. Had it a few years now and no problem.

So how was my spelling tbhis time! :mrgreen:
I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

donne

Post by donne » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:07 am

I picked up a used DT launcher and remote. When I got it home and tried to operate it , it didn't work. Since I only need 1 remote I tried to program the used 1 with my present remote. No good. I tried to use the newly purchased remote with my old launcher. No good. Now nothing worked !! SO , I went back with my original setup and my remote worked with my original trap.

I looked in my manual under troubleshooting and it said to use "quality batteries". I looked at the batteries in the recently purchased remote and launcher. They were both some off the wall brand but measured 9 volts. I got some new, name brand batteries and guess what . Everything worked. Now I have 2 launchers on my original remote and a spare remote. All is good!!!

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:11 am

What's a "loin launcher?" :twisted:

V-John

Post by V-John » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 am

DonF wrote:Man your gramer sucks! :mrgreen:

I think the Lion Country electronics works on all traps. But I think what they mean is their reciever will work on all traps and probably with their own transmitter. I have a Lion Country remote and am going to get another trap with reciever to add onto my transmitter. Had it a few years now and no problem.

Don, so does this mean that a Lion Country Transmitter will work with say... Three DT launchers? Is that how I'm reading this?
Or do I have it backwards? Thanks.

V-John

Post by V-John » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:28 am

V-John wrote:
DonF wrote:Man your gramer sucks! :mrgreen:

Don, so does this mean that a Lion Country Transmitter will work with say... Three DT launchers? Is that how I'm reading this?
Or do I have it backwards? Thanks.
Na, I just called LCS and it won't work. :(