gun broker dot com

MN Bonasa

gun broker dot com

Post by MN Bonasa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Can any one enlighten me about this gunbroker web site. I saw in mentioned a few times on here and now that I have checked it out my ? is.
Is there good money to be saved on here? Seems to be kinda a hassel to even purchase a gun here if you an average joe guy like myself. Just looking for opinions and hows the experience. I've seen lots guns I like but they don't seem to be priced any different than the shop selling them down the street.

Fireside

Re: gun broker dot com

Post by Fireside » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Sometimes you can get very good deals. The big thing is access to guns that might not be available at your local dealers, particularly if you live in a more isolated area. I always buy local when I can, but when looking for a specific used gun, it;s nice to have access to the larger market. Remember that guns on GunBroker must be sent to a local FFL holder for transfer to you.

sniperjon

Post by sniperjon » Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:59 pm

I agree with grouse guy. Sometimes the best deals are from word of mouth. I look at gun broker eveyday for fun and i have found good deals. Also depends what you want if you are looking for a winchester model 12 then you most likely wont find a great price. Mass producted guns usualy hold a similar value old or newer it the more odd ball guns i find the best deals on.

MTR

Post by MTR » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:48 pm

I have used Gunbroker with good results. I wasn't buying or looking for a run of the mill Remington or Browning though that you could find at the local gander mountain or Walmart. If you want to find a nice used European/Spanish side by side at a decent price, they can be found there. Some older (and well used) boxlock sxs can be had for a couple hundred dollars. If you have a local FFL that will accept the transfer (most do for a fee) it can be a good deal depending on what you want.
- Rob

Two barrels next to each other and two triggers - one behind the other!

codym

Post by codym » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:08 am

Like others have stated it's value lies more in the ability to find specific guns and accessories. It seems like there use to be better deals on there a couple years back. Now everyone wants retail plus shipping plus however much your ffl transfer costs. I'm sure there are good deals on there if you really look but it really depends on what you are looking for.

Windyhills

Post by Windyhills » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:58 pm

Gun broker is OK--some of the other sites I avoid. Real value is as others have stated--wider variety of guns you almost never see in a local store available there.

If you are careful some good deals once in awhile too.

MN Bonasa

Post by MN Bonasa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:57 pm

After spending several hours browsing the guns i have figured i better get an education on the value of firearms. New weapons that have a retail cost that is known s one thing. A used older gun, those weapons i can honestly say i don't have a clue to their value. Seems like good guns sure hold their value, that amazes me somewhat, but also is pretty awesome!

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:42 pm

MN_GROUSE_GUY wrote:After spending several hours browsing the guns i have figured i better get an education on the value of firearms. New weapons that have a retail cost that is known s one thing. A used older gun, those weapons i can honestly say i don't have a clue to their value. Seems like good guns sure hold their value, that amazes me somewhat, but also is pretty awesome!
If you are looking for anything in particular let us now, I think quite a few of us may be able to tell you what is or isn't a good price on a number of guns. Your right guns hold there value really well, I have seldom sold one for less than I bought it for.