Decline of quail in Texas

bossman

Decline of quail in Texas

Post by bossman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Intersersting information from the Dallas Morning News regarding the decline of quail numbers in Texas. Hope the link works. Dale Rollins is scheduled to be at The Pheasant Fest next weekend. Hope to see you guy's and gal's there.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/more-s ... ecline.ece

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: Decline of quail in Texas

Post by snips » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:27 pm

For anyone that's hunted quail in TX, this is a heartbreaker.
brenda

bossman

Re: Decline of quail in Texas

Post by bossman » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:30 pm

Snips, Your absolutley correct. It's depressing. Having hunted Texas for over 40 years I can remember days fo 30-35 covey contacts. Not in an effort to shoot a limit, but to experience the thrill of watching a dog run at top speed and then slamming on the breaks, body and nose quivering from the scent of quail with the tail at 12 o"clock. Well, I have been negligent not contributing enough money to worthy conservation organizations, I plan to change that immedialey and would hope everyone contributes to a favorite conservation or research organization. I figure thats the least I can do for all the pleasure those birds have given me and my dogs over the years. Not to mention the opportunity to make new friends and bond with old ones during those days in the field. Ok...I realize and apologize for too much bla,bla, bla......