Springers!

Lisalongun

Springers!

Post by Lisalongun » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:19 am

Hi there,

Here's a pic of my three current dogs - they are from left to right - Merlin, 1 y/o dog - in training, Friday, 6 y/o bitch current working dog, Summer, 9 y/o bitch, retired

Cheers!

Lisa

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:33 am

Awesome Dogs! What do you hunt with them?

Lisalongun

Post by Lisalongun » Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:02 am

I work them in the beating line on a couple of local driven pheasant/partridge shoots. The young dog's sire is a Field Trial Champion, so before I start working him on the shoots I will trial him first.
I don't actually shoot myself, but my bitch that I work at the mo is such a good dog at working up the hedgerow with a walking gun that I am thinking of taking up shooting so that I can go out roughshooting with her. She has this really good natural technique where she goes down the outside of a hedgerow and works it back towards you, just within perfect gunshot. This is a bit of a prob sometimes when we are beating as the idea is to start from where I am and to work towards the guns (not the other way round - so I have to sometimes have a few words with her!! lol) But her stamina! wow! she will work for a good 6 hours!

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Fri Apr 16, 2004 11:57 am

I like your website too.

Helen

Post by Helen » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:00 pm

Lovely dogs Lisa. I have a 9 year old springer who is used for beating and any rough shooting we do. She has been known to help with ferreting, longnetting and wildfowling. I also have an 8 month old pup who is in training at the moment. Hoping to get her on the beating line next season. We will have either one or two grouse days and then will be working every week one one shoot and every other week on another one - just driven pheasant.

What breeding is Merlin?

Helen

Lisalongun

Post by Lisalongun » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:04 pm

Merlin's father is FTCH Arlebrook Jupiter of Edgegrove - therefore he has FTCH/FTW great grandparents - Jenoren Boss + Highlands Lass of Edgegrove, and Skipper of Arford + Cressett Vixen of Badgercourt, who all go back to Parkmaple Eel, Finglen Tan, Bob of Brashwood, Badgercourt Druid etc

His mother is an Irish Kennel Club black and white.

Handsome ain't he? He's a tall, lean dog, without an ounce of fat on him and a great turn of speed - his tail goes down and he's off like a greyhound!

Also have you seen the size of his nose??

Lisa

Helen

Post by Helen » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:47 am

He really is gorgeous. Once I sort out my photos, I'll post one of Holly as she looks very similar. Seems to have slightly similar lines as well.

Helen

sarah_1st_uk

Post by sarah_1st_uk » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:21 pm

awwww they are cute!!

B-dawg

Post by B-dawg » Mon May 10, 2004 10:53 am

this is Bailey he is 8mos in this pic.

oh well my pic is to large! I'll try again later
Last edited by B-dawg on Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grant
GDF Junkie

Post by grant » Mon May 10, 2004 11:47 am

B-dawg,

You should be able to upload your pics to the Album section of the forum...

http://www.gundogforum.com/album.php