Lost Brittany Cross Post

Carolina Gundogs

Lost Brittany Cross Post

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 pm

Please read the cross post below. I have met Bobbie several times in the past and can only imagine the fear and worry she is going through.

Missing near the Hoffman Field Trial Grounds off of Derby Road, North of Rout 1, is my male Brittany Catcher. He was last seen during the field trial late morning on Sunday Jan. 15. He is an intact male, white and dark orange, and very friendly. mHe is icrochipped and DNA on file, wearing a green reflector collar plus faded orange collar with my name and home phone number on it. He also has a tracking collar that is not working on.
Please contact me either by email or cell phone (919-624-0805) if found or even if sighted.
Please cross post if you feel the need it would help find Catcher.

Bobbie L. Sigmund
919-969-2748 home
919-624-0805 cell

sully511

Re: Lost Brittany Cross Post

Post by sully511 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:43 pm

I hope this dog is found safe and sound, his owners must be devastated.....

I am new to field trialing and this post is very scary to me. It actually makes me have second thoughts about doing these trials.

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:55 am

All, this story has a happy ending. Please read below:

"Catcher update: Catcher is HOME!!!! He was picked up Monday 5 miles North of where he went missing by a family in their car. They took him home and fed him. Then late last night gave him a bath where they saw my number on his other collar. That collar was under the reflective collar that he had on too and they did not see it on Monday. Did not matter that they were two hours away, we picked him up about 1 am this morning and Catcher jumped right into our vehicle.
THANK SO VERY MUCH to everyone for ALL of you PRAYERS and loving support. We HAVE a HAPPY ENDING! HUGS HUGS HUGS to ALL of you!!

Happy Happy Bobbie L. Sigmund

PS: GPS will be ordered today! "

____

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:04 am

Although this would be a nightmare for any dog owner to go through, the dog could have just as easily or more easily gotten lost when hunting or training.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:20 am

The dog was wearing a tracker collar that was, apparently, not functioning. I'm told that here in the northeast, Tracker collars are very difficult to use, as powerlines interfere with the signal, and there are powerlines across most of the grounds here (not sure about Hoffman, NC...we haven't been there yet). Catcher's owner said she's ordering her Garmin today :D
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

terrym

Post by terrym » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:50 am

Stories like this confirm why I will be buying a Garmin 320 this Spring. Nice to see it ended well.
I don't like people who don't like dogs......

Wild Mtn muddy toes Tucker
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/3genview.php?id=3772

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:01 am

I use my garmin and hunt a lot around high voltage lines. No interference and never put on the collar without checking the battery level on the reciever and transmitter.

Good to hear someone picked him up.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:16 am

ultracarry wrote:I use my garmin and hunt a lot around high voltage lines. No interference and never put on the collar without checking the battery level on the reciever and transmitter.

Good to hear someone picked him up.
If you are refering to the above comment by Karen, I believe, she was talking about a tracker and not a Garmin.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Ya, I was reinforcing that I have used the garmin multiple times in the situation/reason why there is a garmin in the future. No worries....

chicken19590

Post by chicken19590 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Did not sleep well knowing Bobbie's Dog was missing as I have been through this for 4 hours and it made me buy the 220 before I would let my dog run agian off leash. I also bought the topo map SDmicro card for my garmin and it is worth it's weight in gold as it will show trails and streams/rivers that may block the dogs route. In fact you can download these maps free there is just a 4-8 hour learning curve to learn how and how to get them on the SDmirco card.

natetnc

Post by natetnc » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 pm

always hate to read these stories but i always do... just in the event i could help somehow. it made my heart sink when i recognized the name at the bottom. bobbie was a judge at my first ever hunt test in jackson springs nc, i was as green as they came having never even attended one. i'm sure it wasn't tough to see that i was completely lost but she helped he through the course and then gave me a few tips for next time.... i will never forget that. it was a relief when i read down to find the happy ending.