Elhew Sinbad

Stoneface

Elhew Sinbad

Post by Stoneface » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:26 am

Anybody here have much experience with Sinbad? What do you think of him as a producer? Obviously, his reputation precedes him, but I've seen famous dogs from which I wouldn't touch a puppy. What do you like or dislike about his pups?
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

ElhewPointer

Re: Elhew Sinbad

Post by ElhewPointer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:04 am

Well he produced a national ch in Covey Rise Offlee Amazing. I've had quite a few pups out of him. I have a female right now out of him that I am very high. From what I've seen from his pups is very athletic, tough and smooth gaited animals. I've seen him run as a young dog when he was a SD. Fun to watch!

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:17 am

Stoneface I believe that Harris Kennels has a dbl CH Blackhawk female due to drop anytime with pups by Sinbad. They are good people and easy to deal with as I'm sure you have already discovered as I see you already have a dog from them. Goodluck, SCK

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:39 am

I would buy anything out of swami

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:28 am

gotpointers wrote:I would buy anything out of swami
Hanna's Elhew Lou for that matter. Anything that goes back to Hannabelle, Swami or Sunflower.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:54 am

ElhewPointer wrote:
gotpointers wrote:I would buy anything out of swami
Hanna's Elhew Lou for that matter. Anything that goes back to Hannabelle, Swami or Sunflower.

I think most pay too much attention to the male. There's some females that just produce winners, whipporwill girl, wiggins miss sammie come to mind, it takes two. Looking through the national champions at www.birddogfoundation.com some females keep producing winner after winner.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Can you post a direct link to where you can view all national champions? I can't find anything.
www.PoetryShootingClub.com
www.StonefaceKennels.com
----------
"I have found it far more pleasuable pursuing the game with a fine dog and enjoying his performance than the actual shooting." -Robert G. Wehle

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:12 pm

While I agree the National Ch. is the big daddy, but I look for consistancy. Lou produced the top 3 all time winning shooting dogs. All different sires. Thats insane!

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:50 am

Stoneface wrote:Can you post a direct link to where you can view all national champions? I can't find anything.
http://www.birddogfoundation.com/national_champions.htm
I have lots of fun with this page. I google the individual dogs looking for pedigrees. Like elhewpointer said some females just keep coming up over and over. This list of national champions is the one i hold to be above all IMO.

QuailHollow

Post by QuailHollow » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:59 pm

lol

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:28 pm

QuailHollow wrote:lol
???

Drifter Saver

Post by Drifter Saver » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:56 am

I have a Sinbad (Brute x Swami) x Elhew Mayflower (Explorer x Sunflower) female that just turned 3. She is the first Pointer that I have had from that blood, and I like her so far. I have to take things relatively slow with her because she doesn't like any level of correction, but she has a lot of nice attributes. She hunts hard, is very honest and looks good moving and on point. She is relatively soft though. I am planning to start her force breaking in the next 1-2 weeks, and I believe that will be a slow process as her heal and whoa breaking took forever. I purchased her primarily for breeding purposes, but she has been a pleasure to hunt with.

I do have one question for those of you more familiar with these lines. Please feel free to respond via PM, but I have heard from several different people around the country concerning knee issues with these lines.
If its not a bird dog, it's just a dog!

Southwind

Post by Southwind » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:32 am

PM SENT

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:47 am

Drifter Saver wrote:I have a Sinbad (Brute x Swami) x Elhew Mayflower (Explorer x Sunflower) female that just turned 3. She is the first Pointer that I have had from that blood, and I like her so far. I have to take things relatively slow with her because she doesn't like any level of correction, but she has a lot of nice attributes. She hunts hard, is very honest and looks good moving and on point. She is relatively soft though. I am planning to start her force breaking in the next 1-2 weeks, and I believe that will be a slow process as her heal and whoa breaking took forever. I purchased her primarily for breeding purposes, but she has been a pleasure to hunt with.

I do have one question for those of you more familiar with these lines. Please feel free to respond via PM, but I have heard from several different people around the country concerning knee issues with these lines.
I had a full brother to your dog different litter. I won the Derby portion of the Arkansas Ch. A few years ago. I literally named him Nella Reclous Abandon because he was so tough. I've never had any knee issues with any of my dogs.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:48 am

Southwind wrote:PM SENT
From a gsp guy??? Ha.

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 am

ElhewPointer wrote:
Southwind wrote:PM SENT
From a gsp guy??? Ha.
Because he has GSPs he can't have any knowledge of pointer lines?

I've been around several of Brutes off-spring. The ones i was around were anything but soft and they took correction better than most dogs i've seen. This particular trainer was not afraid to put hands on his dogs so i'd say i witnessed a good test of their toughness and ability to handle correction. I've not heard of knee problems out of the Brute side. I worked around several of his older offspring who were still getting after it.

ElhewPointer

Post by ElhewPointer » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:11 am

It was a joke. Your guys' sense of humor is as long as your guys' dogs tails.

Southwind

Post by Southwind » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:19 am

No offense taken Vagas. If you look at my signature you will see a couple long tails in there! Being from Wichita I have always been a fan of Lou and that bloodline. I was lucky enough to see her in field when I was in high school. I have known several people with Lou bred dogs so I do have some first hand knowledge. All I will say is I own a Sinbad daughter and plan to breed her to Elhew Twister. That will be double bred Lou and I am not worried about knee problems.

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:27 am

ElhewPointer wrote:It was a joke. Your guys' sense of humor is as long as your guys' dogs tails.
My mistake. I generally like a little ball busting but on here you can never tell and i missed the Ha on the end.

oakcreek

Post by oakcreek » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:32 am

I've seen him run on a couple of occasions, he is a good looking dog, decent stride, runs a little low headed, and probably more of a big shooting dog than a true all age. He seems to breed well, and most of his success seems to come when he is used back on Elhews.

I have to admit that I love the Elhew dogs, and every female I have kept over the last 5 years has gone back to Hanna's elhew lou. They are good, consistent bird dogs. I have owned other blood, and personally none of it stayed here. I have found that for me to like them they need a shot of elhew.

Southwind

Post by Southwind » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:34 am

Well put Matt.