raven34

Re: GSP DQ faults bad bites versus color

Post by raven34 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:36 pm

Bruce
Have at it if you will...I think most would say we are crazy. :lol:

Petra

Post by Petra » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:45 pm

I was redirected to the post by IVRGSP, those dogs are mutts with bodies that look like a GSP with a docked tail, and there is a gene that can be detected in the color coat which is the e gene that only the EP and lab has not the GSP. This is off topic ,sorry. The only people that will deny that those breedings are happening are the people that are doing it.

JKP

Post by JKP » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:03 pm

I don't care about the breed...the point is that the Euro clubs have control over their breed through the registration process. If the DK, DD, LM, GR, etc folks in Europe want to control color, breeding regs, or anything else...they have the power to do it. In the AKC, FDSB, UKC, NAVHDA, etc the breed owners are powerless. That was my point.

adogslife

Post by adogslife » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:17 pm

What JKP said was that the clubs can control the amount of black breedings,he is not incorrect,only in that the DKV is a bit more lienent. JKP did not say it was forbidden,only limited and it is true,black DKs do not overrun the DKV or any country in the world.

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm

JKP wrote:I don't care about the breed...the point is that the Euro clubs have control over their breed through the registration process. If the DK, DD, LM, GR, etc folks in Europe want to control color, breeding regs, or anything else...they have the power to do it. In the AKC, FDSB, UKC, NAVHDA, etc the breed owners are powerless. That was my point.

So what you're saying is that you're not into "Democracy" and "Choice", but rather "Dictatorship" where the many are governed by the whims of the few?
And actually, the Breed Owners are empowered here in the Registries within the Sates, instead of governed by the whims of the few, where they are powerless to do anything but what they are told.
Last edited by AHGSP on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:25 pm

adogslife wrote:What JKP said was that the clubs can control the amount of black breedings,he is not incorrect,only in that the DKV is a bit more lienent. JKP did not say it was forbidden,only limited and it is true,black DKs do not overrun the DKV or any country in the world.

Ummmm.... Is this a translation?
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:12 pm

raven34 wrote:Howie
Thank you for posting the link for the DK's. I really enjoyed viewing it. Lot of REALLY nice looking dogs on there...A look that is much to be desired IMO.
Nice heads, outstanding chests, Extreme intensity on point.
Much to be admired
This may be another topic but i am gonna ask....Those of you who have had a litter with black offspring and liver offspring. Do you notice a difference in their overall behavior as individuals within the litter. I am just curious. We have had three and I have noticed the same in each... 8)
Jen
I like this female, hope the owner doesn't mind me posting the photo. What a looker!

adogslife

Post by adogslife » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:04 am

Not enough meat here,gentlemen.
Release the hooks.

adogslife

Post by adogslife » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:11 am

Those of you who have had a litter with black offspring and liver offspring. Do you notice a difference in their overall behavior as individuals within the litter

The l/w littermates share the same genetics as the b/w,except they don't carry B.
Thank you for posting the link for the DK's. I really enjoyed viewing it. Lot of REALLY nice looking dogs on there...A look that is much to be desired IMO.
Nice heads, outstanding chests, Extreme intensity on point.
Much to be admired
This statement shows real insight :D
There is something to be said for consistency within a breed.

JKP

Post by JKP » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:48 am

So what you're saying is that you're not into "Democracy" and "Choice", but rather "Dictatorship" where the many are governed by the whims of the few?
First off, their are no whims...sneaking down the road to your buddies EP for a little "high test" is a whim. Quite the opposite, there are 1000's of dogs you can breed to...but as I said, the club and its members agree as to what the breed should be.
But I'll be sure to tell those 11,000 members that they are under the rule of a dictatorship....but wait a minute, its the members who make the rules...

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:52 am

The DKV and the GSPCA/NGSPA operate differently. Some like it one way, some the other. Whether one is "better", whatever better is, is like arguing religion. It's a waste of precious time.

So, please get back to the original topic or cease posting in this one.

All future off topic posts in this thread will be deleted. I don't care if they are posted by Stalin or by my mother, they will be deleted.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:56 am

I think that Stalin would be worried more about the color, while Greg's mother would never breed for poor bite...most mother's like to feed and are concerned with cost of orthodontics. Myself, I would prefer to have proper bites first and color is secondary to me...

postoakshorthairs

Post by postoakshorthairs » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:02 am

Chukar12 wrote:I think that Stalin would be worried more about the color, while Greg's mother would never breed for poor bite...most mother's like to feed and are concerned with cost of orthodontics. Myself, I would prefer to have proper bites first and color is secondary to me...
:lol: :lol: