Thank You Veterans!

Onk

Thank You Veterans!

Post by Onk » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:33 am

"All gave some and some gave All"! Thank you to all those who serve today, yesterday and esp. those that gave all! Now I do think it is time to get out and bag some birds on this Veterans Day 2011! Everyone enjoy the freedoms earned and given to us on this day!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Re: Thank You Veterans!

Post by Ruffshooter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:06 am

From Here in Maine: To all Veterans past and present, Thank you for Your sacrifice, your dedication, your strength, your honor and please let your families know We truly appreciate their sacrifice. To those still abroad, we wish you a safe and quick return home.

Thank you.
Rick

Needed to add.
Last edited by Ruffshooter on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:48 am

A sincere thank-you to all veterans. Special thanks goes out to Viet Nam vets. You answered the call and did what you were asked, then upon your return were treated very poorly by many here at home, after you had sacrificed so much. Rest assured that the majority of us remain very grateful for your service.

Hookadooka BirdDogs

Post by Hookadooka BirdDogs » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:33 pm

ckirsch wrote:A sincere thank-you to all veterans. Special thanks goes out to Viet Nam vets. You answered the call and did what you were asked, then upon your return were treated very poorly by many here at home, after you had sacrificed so much. Rest assured that the majority of us remain very grateful for your service.
Thanks ckirsch: It took me 35 years to get the elephant off my chest by writing my five sisters and two brothers a lengthy letter of me and my units experiences in 1968-1969 as medics and caregivers for GI's and VC/NVA POWS alike. We were so young then. And proud to serve. Thank you all, vets past and present.
Tom D.
Pointed birds: If it's flyin', it's dyin'.

In 1969, the only woodstock I saw was on my M-14.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:05 pm

My father was overseas 6 years with the Canadian Army. He came how a "walking wounded , shadow of himself". PTS was not know in those days. To-day I remember him and what he sacrificed.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:07 pm

ckirsch wrote:A sincere thank-you to all veterans. Special thanks goes out to Viet Nam vets. You answered the call and did what you were asked, then upon your return were treated very poorly by many here at home, after you had sacrificed so much. Rest assured that the majority of us remain very grateful for your service.
+1

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:49 pm

I think we all need to thank our Veterans without singling any certain ones out. Everyone of them went, served willing to give their lives and far be from any of us to try and say one war was worse than the others. For those that died I am sure saw no difference and those of us that made it back I think understand that many gave more than us no matter when or where they served.

God Bless America and long may she survive,

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:15 pm

I can't thank the Vets enough because of them we still live in a free country.The Greatest country there is!!