English Pointer Stolen - Please Pass the Word

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

English Pointer Stolen - Please Pass the Word

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 am

Neutered male black and white english pointer stolen from Missouri. The dog was stolen from his home this week - he is a male neutered pointer. Average sized (50lbs) and about 5 years old. He is microchipped, so if he is found, he can be checked to prove ownership. All indications say he was stolen from his yard, down a dead end road while his family was at work. There is also potential for him to land somewhere north of Missouri.

Please post this far and wide....and if you see anyone that has a new pointer matching his description, please contact Elsa at five-seven-three, 680-7115.
Here are a few pictures of him:

Side view: Image

Front view: Image

gsp-fan

Re: English Pointer Stolen - Please Pass the Word

Post by gsp-fan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:59 am

Posted this on FB and sent to some Pointer Rescue's in case he was pulled from a shelter.
Good Luck

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:16 am

I'm so sorry to hear that. I've had 2 dogs stolen but did get one back. I hope the same for you.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Buckeye_V

Post by Buckeye_V » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:52 am

Wow, I hope you get your dog back. What a dirty rotten thing to do.

Justin
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

SettersForever

Post by SettersForever » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm from North of Missouri. I will keep an eye out!
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor

crazyboy

Post by crazyboy » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:57 pm

I hope he gets back home. What scum would steal a dog :( makes me sick!

Birdman250

Post by Birdman250 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:44 am

This is pretty sad..Unfortunately there are people out there that just like to take others..believe me, I deal with it every day.
Here is my help to you...If who ever took your dog and returns it I will personally give them a new pup from my current litter!!! I rather see everyone with a dog then have someone take others!!!
A dog is the extension of its owner.

Paul : http://www.pmtkennels.com

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:06 am

Over the past few months there have been dogs stolen from folks back yards, kennels etc.
Some think they are being used for baiting fighting dogs. I have since put locks on my kennels which have a roof with in 12" of bottom I will be closing that in as well.

Hope this is not the case hope you get em back soon.
Rick
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:29 am

Thanks guys for getting the word out.

This is a dog I worked with and found a great home for... he went to a biologist friend of mine living in the Ozarks and their little boy. He was the boy's bird dog. It is a pretty sad deal.

I gave them the dog and they've hunted the heck out of him for the past 5 years - he turned into a very nice dog for them. Now that Cade is old enough to really enjoy the dog, he's been stolen. Pretty crappy deal all around. It's not like it couldn't have happened to me, I don't have locked pens (but maybe I should!). I just feel horrible for them and the dog. He was a really cool dog and turned into a great hunting companion for them - and even Cade could handle him in the field. They're pretty heartbroken right now - and they are starting to see more quail in the area and were really looking forward to having him on birds this fall. I don't hold much hope that he'll be found or returned, but you never know.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:06 am

My favourite setter escaped from the back yard once.
I put an ad/picture in the paper with a $500. reward.
I call from a lady saying her neighbor had the dog and wasn't calling.
I went over there with a couple pics. to claim my dog.
The guy said, " I shouldn't give him him back to you as you must be abusing her, if she felt the need to escape." :evil:
I was ready to call the Police when the guy said, "You can have her,"

Then he said, " I don't want the reward but I want the money I paid to the vet back. She had a cut on her toe."
I said, " How much is the vet bill?" He said, "$500.00" :roll:

Happy to say I got her back and I hope you have the same happy ending.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Meller

Post by Meller » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Any Word on the dog yet?
Keep us posted; if nothing else just to keep on our toes and looking.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Nothing yet. I will see the family on Saturday, wish I had better news for them. They've been looking high and low and I've been doing the internet searching for them. It's such a bad deal. I'm hoping he was stolen by a hunter who had seen him on the local hunt farm (he was often used to guide hunters) instead of the other more horrible things that could have happened to him.

gotpointers

Post by gotpointers » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:16 am

hope the dog gets home soon. I have heard stories of hunting dogs stolen right before hunting season and being returned after season. This happened for three years straight.
I have a few extra young dogs out of my snowatch male and a female out of silverwood and texas trailrider lines. The dams not listed on my pedigrees here but she is on gundog breeders as wizards little angel. I would give your friend one of them. I don't know if you will be in this area or your sister will be headed your way this winter. But i am sure we could find a way to get one of them there if needed.

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:15 pm

what a sad story. i had the same thing happen a little over a year ago. they took two dogs from my chain link fenced back yard my boxer was recovered after being sold a craigslist the lady the bought her to the vet only to have the a police come in to the room after the vet took her to back to check for a chip. my visla was killed on the side of the road when the guy that took them dumped her cuss he didn't know what she was. while he was ordered to pay restitution at 40.00 a month it will be years before i ever see much of the money back from what we had in her.

AzDoggin

Post by AzDoggin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Birdman250 wrote:This is pretty sad..Unfortunately there are people out there that just like to take others..believe me, I deal with it every day.
Here is my help to you...If who ever took your dog and returns it I will personally give them a new pup from my current litter!!! I rather see everyone with a dog then have someone take others!!!
That's an amazing offer, Birdman. Good on you for making it.

I'd like to say I hope the guy takes you up on it, but he hopefully won't be able to take the pup either when he's recovering in the hospital after getting his gnads blown off.

What a loser.

Birdman250

Post by Birdman250 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:07 am

AzDoggin wrote:
Birdman250 wrote:This is pretty sad..Unfortunately there are people out there that just like to take others..believe me, I deal with it every day.
That's an amazing offer, Birdman. Good on you for making it.

I'd like to say I hope the guy takes you up on it, but he hopefully won't be able to take the pup either when he's recovering in the hospital after getting his gnads blown off.

What a loser.
It's the least I could offer..Unfortunately, there are some people who just can't ask if they want something, or work harder to get what they want, but rather steal it.
A dog is the extension of its owner.

Paul : http://www.pmtkennels.com