judges gift ideas?

Dirtysteve

judges gift ideas?

Post by Dirtysteve » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:43 am

Anybody got any good ideas for judges gifts around 25 bucks?
Have given Cabelas gift cards the last few trials and would like something different.

Buckeye_V

Re: judges gift ideas?

Post by Buckeye_V » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:46 am

Embriodered shirts. Long sleeve button downers or sweatshirts. Not sure if you can get that in under the price point

How about a nice clip on saddle bag for their water bottle or notepad?

I know this seems silly, but what about a boot dryer? We all ride in the rain......

Best judges gift I ever got was a bag full of permatack. Check cord, leash and gun lanyard. Still have it and love it all.

Justin
We have done something with nothing for so long we are now qualified to do everything with anything....

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=275

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=520

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:59 am

Visa gift cards. They can be used anywhere for anything - Walmart, McDonalds, the gas station. Better than tying the recipient into a certain store.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Thermos.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Nice bottle of Chianti Classico Riserva

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Of course a year's membership to PF or QF would be awesome. Barring that, you could embroider a gun sleeve for them - I got one as a gift this year for the National Bobwhite Conservation Initiative and it is awesome. It's just a canvas or cotton duck gun sleeve that ties and they had it embroidered with our NBCI logo. You could embroider it with the club logo and I bet it would come in under cost.

windswept

Post by windswept » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Ok, I'm not an AKC guy so bear with me....you actually give gifts to the JUDGES!!!! Seems a little odd to me!

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Lots of judges donate the pay back to the club, so it is customary to have a gift.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

dan v

Post by dan v » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:44 pm

A thoughtful thank you and a handshake.
Dan

phermes1
GDF Junkie

Post by phermes1 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:47 pm

One of my favorite judge's gifts was an engraved glass mug. It's one of my main beer drinking glasses at home. :)

Visa gift cards are better than Basspro, Cabelas, or anything specific. I love those places, but let's face it - give me $25 and I'll spend $150, so it only ends up costing me. :)
http://www.socovs.com
DC AFC Valley Hunter's Southern Comfort CD MH NA NAJ, UT Prize II, "Shooter"
DC GCH Lagniappe's Chosen One MH, "Buffy"
DC AFC SoCo's Enchanted One JH, "TomBoy"
CH SoCo's Independence Day SH, "Patriot"
SoCo's Twist of Fate JH, "Emma Jane"

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:51 pm

Belt Buckles!

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:33 pm

Utah upland hunting license....be out there the end of Oct buddy..................... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 am

lvrgsp wrote:Utah upland hunting license....be out there the end of Oct buddy..................... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This year is looking to be a good chukar year. Been out twice now and moved alot more birds in places that haven't been productive in a few years
Take an extra week and stay for our trial on the 12th. I need a scout!

Windswept
We don't pay our judges to judge. We cover traveling expenses and they donate there time to judge so the hosting club usually buys them a thank you gift.

I like the mug and gun sleeve idea.
Last edited by Dirtysteve on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

windswept

Post by windswept » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:27 am

[quote="DirtysteveWe don't pay our judges to judge. We cover traveling expenses and they dontate there time to judge so the hosting club usually buys them a thank you gift.

[/quote]

The hosting club buying a gift makes perfect sense. I misunderstood and thought handlers were giving gifts to judges. That would seem very inappropriate.
Thanks for the clarification!

cjuve

Post by cjuve » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:56 am

I think that one of those Garmin holsters that clips to the saddle would be a good idea, any horse tack,check cords, leashes, collars etc. would work.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:46 am

I like the idea of a hunting or pocket knife with the club name engraved on it.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:32 pm

ezzy333 wrote:I like the idea of a hunting or pocket knife with the club name engraved on it.

Ezzy
Thas a good one!

Bruin you got to learn to shoot the one you have before we give you a new one.

Munster

Post by Munster » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:34 pm

You can buy a pretty good pair of perscription eye glasses for under 25 bucks! :P

Sorry, before I get booed, I know that there has been a time when we have thought this !!!

I have respect for judges! Just poking some fun! :wink:
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

Brooks Carmichael

Post by Brooks Carmichael » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:47 pm

windswept wrote:Ok, I'm not an AKC guy so bear with me....you actually give gifts to the JUDGES!!!! Seems a little odd to me!

Yes, it is standard practice to give a gift to the judges at AKC trials. AKC recommends and I mean only recommends it is equal to the entry fee of the stake he is judging. You must remember the judge sits in the saddle for hours and hours, he usually provides his on horse and if he has living quarters, he stays in that at the trial. The judge receives little thanks and lot of the time gets bitched at because he did not place your dog or dog the person thought should have won. It is one of the most thankless jobs out there. The judge sometimes drives hundreds of miles to come judge. It is one thankless job. The only one I can think of that compares to it is the bird planter. He gets bitched because not enough birds or too many birds or he plants them in all the wrong places.

I remember 40 years ago, the judge was not even paid expenses or if given a gift it was a club pin or something of the sort. You tried to pick judges that were going to run dogs at the trial and why pay him anything if he was going to be there anyways.

tyleetess

Post by tyleetess » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Dirtysteve wrote:Anybody got any good ideas for judges gifts around 25 bucks?
Have given Cabelas gift cards the last few trials and would like something different.
I try and give something a little more personal than a gift card, some may like it, some may not. Personally, I appreciate the thought, time and effort somebody puts into a gift more. Thats just me. Here are a few examples of some of the stuff I have had made up on a small budget. The key chains and mug was together. Also the mug matched the key chain but I dont have a picture of the finished product.

if at first you don't succeed, reload

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Probably the most useful gift I ever received was a rechargeable fluorescent lantern light with a flat base and a hook for hanging it. I have crawled under my house with it, under my truck with it, under the kitchen sink with it, used it when checking my engine(hook came in real handy) and a bunch of other times and places.

I didn't really appreciate it at first, but the darn thing is always there when I need it. I am not tied to an electrical outlet and I can place it on the ground, hang it or, since it is a cool fluorescent bulb, just lean it anywhere and not worry about cooking anything, including and especially the skin on my arm.

My local Amish tack shop makes totally enclosed Garmin holsters and weatherproof judging book/cell phone holder/ bags with clips for hanging off a saddle that several area clubs have used for gifts, but they are a little more than your budget.

RayG

Dirtysteve

Post by Dirtysteve » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:27 pm

tyleetess wrote:
I try and give something a little more personal than a gift card, some may like it, some may not. Personally, I appreciate the thought, time and effort somebody puts into a gift more. Thats just me. Here are a few examples of some of the stuff I have had made up on a small budget. The key chains and mug was together. Also the mug matched the key chain but I dont have a picture of the finished product.

Landon turned me on to your website. The things you posted he order from you.
I saw the clocks last year and they were real nice

Can you put that design on a glass or ceramic mug?

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Dirtysteve wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:I like the idea of a hunting or pocket knife with the club name engraved on it.

Ezzy
Thas a good one!

Bruin you got to learn to shoot the one you have before we give you a new one.
The visa gift card sounds like a good idead....

Vision

Post by Vision » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:03 pm

The best judges gift I have ever received was a mag light. I still use it after 18 years.

tyleetess

Post by tyleetess » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:33 am

Dirtysteve wrote:
tyleetess wrote:

Landon turned me on to your website. The things you posted he order from you.
I saw the clocks last year and they were real nice

Can you put that design on a glass or ceramic mug?
Landon is a stand up guy, true gentleman in every sense of the word. He has some fantastic setters to. Seen them go a few times. They really make you sit high in the saddle so you don't miss anything, pretty impressive. Take care.
if at first you don't succeed, reload