Denver, CO

Brittlver

Denver, CO

Post by Brittlver » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:39 am

I am in the process for interviewing for a position in Denver, Co. I was wondering if anyone from the area could give me some opinions of the area. I will be working in the SW portion I believe. So that is where I will have to live. As far as living arrangement I would like a duplex or house to rent. Anyone know what the rent is like in that area? Anyone have pictures of Denver and the SW portion. I have never been there so this would be new experience for me and my family. Thanks for all the help. If I get the job I am thinking I will be out there by the end of Oct.

Jesse

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Re: Denver, CO

Post by mcbosco » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:11 pm

I love Denver, big enough and easy to get out of to enjoy the rest of Colorado. Climate is nice and recreation is great.

Cost of living for a metro area is very low.

isonychia

Post by isonychia » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Rated one of the best places for new college graduates to move so It can't be too bad economically. I wanted to stay away from denver and now I am in Durango, about as far away as you can get and still be in colorado. I would really like to be closer to a cheaper airport and most importantly... pheasant hunting.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Ok I re looked at the job. It will be the South East Metro part of Denver. I am not sure what area this exactly covers as they don't tell me the range but they do state that I have to live in this area. Any help is appreciated. If someone has pictures from this area that would be great. I would love to show my wife the area.

chicago0517

Post by chicago0517 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:02 pm

I live in Denver. PM me any questions.

Brushbustin Sporting Dogs

Post by Brushbustin Sporting Dogs » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Tons of birddog people live in the Parker area!! Its in the south east corner!!
Robert Myers

Rajin Kennel

308-870-3448

Brittanys are Best enough said...

BBD's Ca-Ching
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1061

Brushbustin's Ebbie SH
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=678

BNJ's Dirty Dozen Dixie
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=869

Deets

Post by Deets » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Depending where you are coming from, the cost of living can be a shocker. Expect to pay $1,500-$2,000 for a two bedroom house. The good thing is your only 2 hrs from some decent phesant hunting.

IronwireGWP

Post by IronwireGWP » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:20 am

I live in the SE part of Denver (Parker). PM me with an email and I can forward you some photos. I like living on the east side of Denver as you get a better view of the mountains (in my opinion). I have lived in Denver most of my life but overall it is a friendly city that has a lot to offer. As far as rents go I would encourage you to go to Craigslist and search for places that fit what you are looking for. You can check out Parker and Aurora and that is most of the SE side of Denver. If you have any specific questions please ask. If you come out to visit let me know and if I am around I would be happy to play tour guide for a few hours.
Adam
ironwiregwp@gmail.com

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Well had my Interview today. Think everything went great. He stated that he would pass the canadates to the manger that is doing the hiring and then they would be doing face to face interviews in the next 7-10 days. Hopefully I will get a call for that. If I end up getting the position I have to be out in denver somewhere around the middle of Oct. The HR person said that this position is for the parker area. I would have to live in or near this area. Does anyone know this area? Is it good? Whats living like here? It will prob. be just me and my dog for awhile unless my wife decides to move out right away.

Jesse

Fireside

Post by Fireside » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Parker is a good area. Less citified than the Denver metro area. Lots of horse people out that way so under control dogs are not a problem. Bird hunting to the east on the plains, elk and deer to the west in the mountains. Cost of housing is not as bad out there as Denver but there are also a lot of bank repro houses in Aurora that can be had pretty reasonable and that is not far.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:53 am

Got a Face to Face interview now. I will be in Denver tomorrow evening. Who wants to meet up and show me around a little bit.

Jesse

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:01 am

Brittlver wrote:Got a Face to Face interview now. I will be in Denver tomorrow evening. Who wants to meet up and show me around a little bit.

Jesse
Good luck Jesse. Denver is a beautiful area.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:08 am

Thanks AL. If I get this we might need to go hunting in the next couple weeks. They want the person to be out there by Mid Oct.

Jesse

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:19 am

Ok, Got back from Denver. You guys are right it is beautiful out there. Found out that I would actually be working in Denver. No specific area but anywhere from Littleton to Thorton to airport to the mountains. I can live anywhere in this area. Is there any places that I should stay away from and where is the best place for your buck. Would like to get a house or a duplex so I can keep everything that I have. I don't know if I could handle to hunting dogs in a small apt. Thanks for all the help guys. I should know next week if I get the job.

sigav8r

Post by sigav8r » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 pm

Good luck on the job! I travel to Denver every week for work so it's like my second home! I actually managed more days hunting in Colorado than my home state (TX)! I'm also open if anyone's free for midweek hunting! ;)

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:43 am

sigav8r wrote:Good luck on the job! I travel to Denver every week for work so it's like my second home! I actually managed more days hunting in Colorado than my home state (TX)! I'm also open if anyone's free for midweek hunting! ;)
I have a buddy up there. He works a lot but he might want to go out with you sometime.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Isn't Lenny Morales in Co? Look up Sixxemkennels.com Not sure where in Co he lives, but i'm sure he knows some nice hunting spots.