Ahumphers91a

Pedigree Help!

Post by Ahumphers91a » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Anyone know of this females pedigree from the 70's: Heils Fritzie Rip v Bess

Thanks

JuliaH

Re: Pedigree Help!

Post by JuliaH » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:52 am

Her registration number is SA338607 and an online research pedigree is available for her. Not expensive, and with a dog this old I would probably accept a partial pedigree. AKC doesn't even have a color or whelp date available for this one. She could be an import? Sometimes an internet search will turn up a dog on registration number but not this time... Her registered name is Heils Fritzie Rip von Bess

Wish I could be more help :)

Julia
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs
Central Georgia

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:58 am

Thanks, yeah I was hopng too not have to pay for it...lol. I have tried world pedigrees and paw village and even a couple others I know are correct, but turns of nothing. Now if I were to assume, I bet her sire is fc rip traf von bess, but can't be positive in that assumption.

JuliaH

Post by JuliaH » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:45 am

Could be, but there is only one way to know.. and I am not sure how complete her pedigree might be anyhow. I wish the AKC system was as easy to use as the Arabian horse system. For $100 +/- (forgot exact) you could look up any horse in the system and all information was there. With dogs, unless the breeder or owner is still online there is no help.

Julia
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs
Central Georgia

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:21 am

Nothing....anyone? I know some people on here have pedigree databases like mysel
f.

Chief_dog

Post by Chief_dog » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:26 am

I used to have a huge database, but that was a couple computers ago. Now days, I only look at the first few generations anyway.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:31 am

Chief_dog wrote:I used to have a huge database, but that was a couple computers ago. Now days, I only look at the first few generations anyway.
Its for a little project I was doing for numbers, when left blank it kinda is a waste of time. But your right, also I like to look at the foundation as well though. I have backed up my database on two hard drives lol

JuliaH

Post by JuliaH » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:45 am

Interesting... I expect this one is an import... there are several "von Bess" surnames out there but none as old as this one (1970). Going to check with someone if I can but I expect he will also believe this one to be an import.

Report Date: 09/04/2011
THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB

Complete pedigree information for SA338607 11-70 is unavailable on our online database.
Information about dogs whelped before 1980 and any ancestors that are not AKC registered may not be available on our online database. However, information about all AKC registered dogs, including a minimum 3 generation pedigree, is maintained in our permanent archives.
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs
Central Georgia

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:43 pm

JuliaH wrote:Interesting... I expect this one is an import... there are several "von Bess" surnames out there but none as old as this one (1970). Going to check with someone if I can but I expect he will also believe this one to be an import.

THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB

Complete pedigree information for SA338607 11-70 is unavailable on our online database.
Information about dogs whelped before 1980 and any ancestors that are not AKC registered may not be available on our online database. However, information about all AKC registered dogs, including a minimum 3 generation pedigree, is maintained in our permanent archives.
If I could even find out her parents, I bet I have her ancestors in my database and wouldn't know it until I found the link. But akc does offer the three gen for her or an incomplete pedigree?

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:51 pm

Interesting how you want pedigree information and yet you believe it doesn't matter when trying to produce a quality dog....

Hmmm....

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:56 pm

ultracarry wrote:Interesting how you want pedigree information and yet you believe it doesn't matter when trying to produce a quality dog....

Hmmm....
Interesting maybe but true. There are so many quality dogs to choose from that it is good to know what your's is.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

JuliaH

Post by JuliaH » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:08 pm

I don't think AKC offers her pedigree on the Research Pedigree option. When I put her Reg. # in (I got curious and have a large database myself) so I could purchase the online pedigree, the Report came back as I posted it. I am not sure how to even get to the AKC Archives. I had checked the partial pedigree option too, and only got the report you saw.

I must have missed where someone said pedigree is not important...because it does matter, although in my opinion it is the first 3 generations that matter most.

Julia
Ahumphers91a wrote:
JuliaH wrote:Interesting... I expect this one is an import... there are several "von Bess" surnames out there but none as old as this one (1970). Going to check with someone if I can but I expect he will also believe this one to be an import.

THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB

If I could even find out her parents, I bet I have her ancestors in my database and wouldn't know it until I found the link. But akc does offer the three gen for her or an incomplete pedigree?
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs
Central Georgia

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:31 pm

JuliaH wrote:I don't think AKC offers her pedigree on the Research Pedigree option. When I put her Reg. # in (I got curious and have a large database myself) so I could purchase the online pedigree, the Report came back as I posted it. I am not sure how to even get to the AKC Archives. I had checked the partial pedigree option too, and only got the report you saw.

I must have missed where someone said pedigree is not important...because it does matter, although in my opinion it is the first 3 generations that matter most.

Julia
Ahumphers91a wrote:

Lol, I like to think the whole thing is, but the first 5 matter to me the most. I may call the akc on Tuesday about their info on this female.
THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB

bigoak

Post by bigoak » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:11 pm

Was she a producer of field champions?....vern

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:14 pm

ultracarry wrote:Interesting how you want pedigree information and yet you believe it doesn't matter when trying to produce a quality dog....

Hmmm....
Its doesn't matter too me, I believe a quality dog can come from nothing! I want the info because unlike some people, I study my history....its a hobby. Hmmmmmm.....

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:18 pm

bigoak wrote:Was she a producer of field champions?....vern
I will look, now I can't remember off hand. I will re post in just a bit, but I believe she produced one fc that I know of.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Yes, she and Thalberg's Seagraves Chayne produced FC Tomari's Playne Jayne.
here's the incomplete pedigree i'm trying to finish: http://nextgenerationgermanshorthairs.n ... erations=5

bigoak

Post by bigoak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Playne Jayne finished her FC in 1975.I checked the 1975 year book but her owner didn't publish her pedigree.....vern

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:46 pm

bigoak wrote:Playne Jayne finished her FC in 1975.I checked the 1975 year book but her owner didn't publish her pedigree.....vern
Dang, thanks for looking though, I really appreciate that.

Ken Lynch

Post by Ken Lynch » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:59 pm

PM sent. I have full pedigree.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Ken Lynch wrote:PM sent. I have full pedigree.
Thanks, I knew she had to be a Rip Traf Von Bess daughter.

bigoak

Post by bigoak » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:45 pm

I found her pedigree; she is out of FC Rip Traf von Bess and von thalbergs Quail....vern

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Where did you find it Oak?? I know Ken Lynch had it and sent it to me but it was from his database.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:01 pm

Ahumphers91a wrote:

Hmmm....
Its doesn't matter too me, I believe a quality dog can come from nothing! I want the info because unlike some people, I study my history....its a hobby. Hmmmmmm.....
Your Hmmmmmm... Doesn't make any sense. Also, if you believed that why were you looking for a rusty bred stud?

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Lol nor does the fact that he commented on a rawhides clown breeding under the dogs for sale... hmmm doesn't make sense how you can look at his posts and not see he flip flops like a fish out of water.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:31 am

brad27 wrote:
Ahumphers91a wrote:

Hmmm....
Your Hmmmmmm... Doesn't make any sense. Also, if you believed that why were you looking for a rusty bred stud?
Because I'm not stupid.....he isn't the number one fc sire for nothing. Two, this was a pedigree I was adding to my database. And three, if everyone here doesn't believe a dog can come from quote nothing and be something, take fc hof dog tip top timmy. Had one fc in 4 or 5 generations....and then went on to sire the number two field champ sire in the history of the breed fc hof uodibars boss man. Just because I was and have found a rusty bred stud doesn't mean that I don't think what I stated isn't true, just means odds are better from proven lines. That's why I study pedigrees, so I actually know where my dog comes from!

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 am

Some people will try to find anything they can to start an argument or put down another member. But I am glad the majority are here to help and/or learn. Good luck with your database, it sounds like an interesting, educational and fun project.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 am

Well keep on doing the database, its like a family tree of sorts.

Didint I read a post about rusty being 1/2 pointer? :) lol read it on the internets...
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:13 am

markj wrote:Well keep on doing the database, its like a family tree of sorts.

Didint I read a post about rusty being 1/2 pointer? :) lol read it on the internets...
Lmao, it has to be true if it's on the internet........ :wink: