Curious who is living around Dallas

Ranger351

Curious who is living around Dallas

Post by Ranger351 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:18 am

Just curious who is living around Dallas Texas? I have a friend who as a (gift) is gonna get me a Yildiz O/U shotgun but doesn't know the first thing about picking the best one out. figured maybe if someone was kind enough maybe meet him at academy some time and help him pick out the best one to (gift) to me. Thanks

Keith White

Re: Curious who is living around Dallas

Post by Keith White » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:10 am

You don't need anyone to meet him because the choice is gonna be pretty limited. They are a pretty low end shotgun. You pick out 20ga or 12ga and then decide if you want to pay extra for some optional engraving. I have one in 12ga and call it the MULE! That's cause it kicks like a mule. It's a very lightweight gun and would be good for walking long distances. I have trouble with mine misfiring every now and then.

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:21 am

Keith White wrote:You don't need anyone to meet him because the choice is gonna be pretty limited. They are a pretty low end shotgun. You pick out 20ga or 12ga and then decide if you want to pay extra for some optional engraving. I have one in 12ga and call it the MULE! That's cause it kicks like a mule. It's a very lightweight gun and would be good for walking long distances. I have trouble with mine misfiring every now and then.
Pretty sure he's wanting to better wood and such. Even at that price point some will be better looking than others...
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

Ranger351

Post by Ranger351 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Just going on what reviews I've read its the best o/u for the money and with a good kick pad it's an awesome gun. The stores carry the same model with different looking wood and wood to metal fit is something to check. Maybe I'm wrong for liking the gun but found very few bad reviews.