And another 'designer' breed: The Deutsche Kurzhaar Doodle

jlp8cornell

And another 'designer' breed: The Deutsche Kurzhaar Doodle

Post by jlp8cornell » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 am

Just came through on my GSP listserv. UGH...

http://www.buyadoodle.net/AboutTheDeuts ... oodle.html

Merry-Belle, our purebred German Shorthaired Pointer, will be the founding bitch for our Deutsche Kurzhaar Doodles. She will be bred once she completes and receives full health clearances of which we are now obtaining. Merry-Belle will be tested completely including obtaining hip clearances before being bred to produce our first Deutsche Kurzhaar Doodles. We do intend to also include having her CERF certified as well. At the age of 2 years, her xrays as well as Cerf exam will be submitted to the OFA board for rating. Merry-Belle has an impressive pedigree of numerous Champions holding CH, FC, AFC, NFC, DC titles. Merry-Belle's great grandfather is German Import, DC AFC Bobo Bom Waldrand. Other terrific bloodlines include Fritz Von Thalberg II and Longacres. We are on the look out for a heavily titled Stud Standard Poodle with the proper clearances, when the time comes to seek a mate for Merry Belle. Since our own Stud male Poodles are aging, we will be using outside stud service for Merry-Belle. The stud dog we seek must be pure white and this will be a tedious selection process since we want to make sure there are no dark colors within the first three generations of the stud dog. Colors of ancestors are important when breeding a dog of color. It is our desire to have DKDs with alot of "ticking" (Freckles) as well as patches about the coat similar to the purebred German Shorthaired Pointer. Using a dark colored stud dog would not produce the desired effects we are hoping for. Color genetics of the breeding dogs is very important when creating a new hybrid. We also expect the considered stud dog to have a lengthy Champion pedigree so that the offspring have a rich family history. While we are still very adament that health clearances and ratings only pertain to the breeding dogs and have no bearing on the offspring whatsoever, the German Shorthaired Pointer is a new breed to us and is the only reason we will ensure that our founding bitch obtain such clearances.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Re: And another 'designer' breed: The Deutsche Kurzhaar Doodle

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:35 am

:evil:

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:44 am

This makes me want to puke... :oops:

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:48 am

How nice take a well bred animal to toss out all the work the previous people did prior to and make a high dollar MUTT .... We had a labradoodle in the kennels for kenneling while owners went on vacation...The wife bought it for her husband because the pup was promoted as a hunting dog :roll: Husband says the dog is nothing more then an over priced pet with ZERO hunt.
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:52 am

the German Shorthaired Pointer is a new breed to us and is the only reason we will ensure that our founding bitch obtain such clearances.
I often ask myself why? or even WTF but this one is a huge why bother? raise poodles or gsps but dont mix the breeds for a "designer" one off. Folks want one of them should just go by a fish or something like that for a pet.

I go to the store, I see all sorts of wierds folks all want attention badly........
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:59 am

Born2Hunt wrote:Whats the purpose :twisted: :twisted: :?: :?:
To quote the great philosipher "But men are so full of greed today, they'll sell anything for a little piece of money." - Little Richard

mcbosco
GDF Junkie

Post by mcbosco » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 am

I can't wait to see an apricot poodle crossed with a liver shorthair. Even a mini version.

Someone should shoot that breeder.

Vision

Post by Vision » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:51 am

Purebred dogs............America's next endangered species

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:56 am

although everyone has the right to do what they please, i ask why? we arent trying to start new breeds as what we have is sufficient, why do this? how is this going to benefit a breed that already has wirehaired versions that can do what ur trying to accomplish, this takes a nicely bred shorthair and wastes a breeding imo. i totally disagree with this, and this should be included in every shorthair breeders contract not to cross to start new breeds!

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm not against crossbreed gun dogs, heck most of mine have been, but why these two breeds? Other than a "interesting" looking dog I really can't see the utility in this cross.

stlgsp

Post by stlgsp » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:51 pm

If people would quit buying these over priced designer mutts they'd be out of business.

My BIL has a Labradoodle and a friend has a goldendoodle, I annoy the heck out of them because of their over priced sickly mutts. Both dogs love to retrieve but limp, both love to swim but break out with sores, both have stomach issues and have tried numerous foods. Both love to brag that their dog's rarely shed..... :roll:

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:59 pm

proudag08 wrote:This makes me want to puke... :oops:
I think I just did.

To top it off the GSP female they are hoping to base this foundation on, does not visually even look like she is put together well...JMO...http://www.buyadoodle.net/meetmerrybelle.html

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Oh my Lord a hip shot from the side..and she is claiming excellent hips :roll: ...Is this misrepresentation or what....I sure feel sorry for the poor suckers that buys pups from her high dollar mutt program
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

jlp8cornell

Post by jlp8cornell » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:00 pm

and she is claiming excellent hips
K9- That was my favorite too. And how she spoke about the 6m pup having a "perfectly aligned spine". WTH??? The sad thing is, some idiot will look at that site and think, "wow- what nice dogs and good breeders".

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm

Well at least she realizes how important colour is when creating a new breed, black dogs suck. She has her head in the right place.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm no where near as interested in color as I am in correct hips.

She should just become a breeder of PudelPointers. On second thought. Not a good idea. She should just get out of the game.

fuzznut

Post by fuzznut » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Home of NAFC/DC Ariel's Justa Gotta Go Now- 2010 AKC Gun Dog 1 hr. CH R/U
http://germanwirehair.blogspot.com/

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:31 pm

OML That is a joke why would any one pay that much for a Mutt...

This person is seriously looking for someone that has "Totally Stupid" Stamped on the forehead

Munster

Post by Munster » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:35 pm

kninebirddog wrote:OML That is a joke why would any one pay that much for a Mutt...

This person is seriously looking for someone that has "Totally Stupid" Stamped on the forehead

The more serious problem is, they have found them.

This is truly upsetting.
http://www.huntwithamunster.com

Dealer for Dogtra, Ruff Tuff and Mud River Need a product, just ask.

Dirtysailor

Post by Dirtysailor » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:50 am

Ron White said "You can't fix stupid."

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:19 am

Again.... :oops:
proudag08 wrote:This makes me want to puke... :oops:

JKP

Post by JKP » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:24 am

Y'all are just PO'ed that this guy is gonna get $2K for his mutts :lol: :lol:

Trekmoor
GDF Junkie

Post by Trekmoor » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:58 am

The folk breeding this kind of stuff just for a "look" must be off their chumps !

Bill T.
The older I get, the better I was !

4dabirds

Post by 4dabirds » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:45 pm

I guess they were barking up the wrong tree going on this site. There is a sucker born every day " P.T. Barnum"

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:18 am

Thought you uppety Deutsche Kurzhaar and Drahthaar ,or GSP and GWP for us poor white trash folks, took extreme steps to prevent this sort of stuff. Looks like it didn't work this time. Where is your precious registry in the "Old Country" now? :D Now yall see how us English Pointer owners feel everytime you cross an EP with one of your mutts to get a bigger running dog that can compete in horseback trials or runs bigger on quail. :roll: I guess what comes around goes around. :lol:

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:30 am

tommyboy72 wrote:Thought you uppety Deutsche Kurzhaar and Drahthaar ,or GSP and GWP for us poor white trash folks, took extreme steps to prevent this sort of stuff. Looks like it didn't work this time. Where is your precious registry in the "Old Country" now? :D Now yall see how us English Pointer owners feel everytime you cross an EP with one of your mutts to get a bigger running dog that can compete in horseback trials or runs bigger on quail. :roll: I guess what comes around goes around. :lol:

Bwahahahaha :lol:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:43 am

I'm sorry but I think it will improve the breed. These people are cutting edge :lol: .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:45 am

tommyboy72 wrote:Thought you uppety Deutsche Kurzhaar and Drahthaar ,or GSP and GWP for us poor white trash folks, took extreme steps to prevent this sort of stuff...

I got your "extreme steps" right here.... :x

:lol:

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:10 am

For all of you out there that don't know me. Seriously, that was a joke. :D

birddog1220

Post by birddog1220 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:11 am

i second that proudag, and as far as uppety dk and dd people what are you talkin about tommyboy? i own dk's and know lots of people who own dk and dd and i can tell you that they arnt like that,just the other way around. as far as old country registry,dk,and dd breeders would never do that. yes there are some who will breed to akc but very very few, and their foundation bitch is not a dk

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:14 am

The bitch is not a DK. She's a GSP. The DK is for marketing and to make the "Doodle" come together. "Goodle" doesn't sound as good.

You can't stop this kind of thing. As long as there is demand, there will be someone willing to supply.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am

Poodle and GSP huh? That should be one good looking dog. :mrgreen:

So will you owners of these dogs be giving commands in German or French? :lol:

Will it look like a GSP with a perm or Poodle with straightened hair? :lol:

So I wonder about the owners of this new breed. Will they be carrying the dogs to trials and hunt tests in fancy Luis Vuitton bags and showing up with the dog's nails painted and bows in their hair? :lol:

Can you imagine sending one of those pure white poodles on a duck search in algae and moss covered water? :lol:

Ok I am way off base here but I had to poke some fun guys. :mrgreen:

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:36 am

tommyboy72 wrote:Poodle and GSP huh? That should be one good looking dog. :mrgreen:

So will you owners of these dogs be giving commands in German or French? :lol:

Will it look like a GSP with a perm or Poodle with straightened hair? :lol:

So I wonder about the owners of this new breed. Will they be carrying the dogs to trials and hunt tests in fancy Luis Vuitton bags and showing up with the dog's nails painted and bows in their hair? :lol:

Can you imagine sending one of those pure white poodles on a duck search in algae and moss covered water? :lol:

Ok I am way off base here but I had to poke some fun guys. :mrgreen:

You know what the sad part to this is...back in the days the poodle was a water dog...but because of the show people they turned a prime hunting dog into a non sporting breed :(

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:49 am

I know the same can be said of the Irish Setter. I love Irish Setters but would not own another one for hunting, maybe for a house dog but that's about it.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:53 am

Have you checked out the breakstone red setters ..I have seen a couple very nice ones :lol:

So what is next for the high dollar mutts...

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:46 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:For all of you out there that don't know me. Seriously, that was a joke. :D
And for those that dont know me... i knew that was a joke, hence the " :lol: "

I guess they just arent used to our Southern boy humor Tommy...

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Guess not. :lol:

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:53 am

tommyboy72 wrote:Poodle and GSP huh? That should be one good looking dog....Will it look like a GSP with a perm or Poodle with straightened hair?
Here is another one...http://www.gundogbreeders.com/forum/dog ... 463448a462 I like how they try and compare it to the PudelPointer :roll: Go to their site, NO consistency at all in this litter...

Vagabondo de Deserto

Post by Vagabondo de Deserto » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:50 am

I like my well bred GSP & plan to add a Deutsche Kurzhaar of good breeding in the future. Outside of that I couldn't care what other people are doing with breeds.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 pm

I am getting a couple dogs for my new kennel, it will feature my own breed of designer dogs.

Gonna get a bulldog and a schit zue gonna call em bull schitz :) gonna ask 3 grand each.
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Good one Mark,but Bull Schitz is CHEAP!! :D

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Good one Mark,but Bull Schitz is CHEAP!!
I am talking designer tho... :) you dont think it will catch on? lol

Didnt someone say a fool and his money are soon parted? she is a collector I imagine and the fools money goes to her....
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

asc

Post by asc » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:55 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:Thought you uppety Deutsche Kurzhaar and Drahthaar ,or GSP and GWP for us poor white trash folks, took extreme steps to prevent this sort of stuff. Looks like it didn't work this time. Where is your precious registry in the "Old Country" now? :D Now yall see how us English Pointer owners feel everytime you cross an EP with one of your mutts to get a bigger running dog that can compete in horseback trials or runs bigger on quail. :roll: I guess what comes around goes around. :lol:
lmao
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:14 pm

wow :roll:

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:23 am

It's just too funny to go down an alphabetized list of dog breeds and think about the breed names that you could make up.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/complete_breed_list.cfm

Vagabondo de Deserto

Post by Vagabondo de Deserto » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:26 am

It's just too funny to go down an alphabetized list of dog breeds and think about the breed names that you could make up.
Much like this thread it seems like a waste of time

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:55 am

Vagabondo de Deserto wrote:
...a waste of time...
much like 90% of the internet :) But we keep comin back for more! :lol:

brad27

Post by brad27 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:18 am

Vagabondo de Deserto wrote:
based on your response to this thread and a few others, are you purposefully trying to not make friends?

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:23 am

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to post this :) lol ROFLMAO :) and read the thread too... lol you is one funny person
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935