Antibiotic Dosage for Quail

original mngsp

Antibiotic Dosage for Quail

Post by original mngsp » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:50 am

I used to know this, but have lost my notes.

Does anyone know the dosage for mixing Duramycin-10 powder in water for keeping quail healthy?

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Re: Antibiotic Dosage for Quail

Post by Wagonmaster » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 pm

I found the hard way that antibiotics don't do much good. Much more important is to get quail from a local source, so they have not been stressed by shipment and kept in a crate for a day or two at very high temps, and then in the care of the quail, to make sure they have a water supply they can't poop and pee in, and that will be fresh. I installed an automatic waterer from Gillis in my johnny house, and it eliminated die offs. I also hang the feed from the roof so they are not as likely to sit in it. They fly up to eat and perch on the edge of the feeder.

Antibiotics never seemed to help that much.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Antibiotic Dosage for Quail

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Wagonmaster wrote:I found the hard way that antibiotics don't do much good. Much more important is to get quail from a local source, so they have not been stressed by shipment and kept in a crate for a day or two at very high temps, and then in the care of the quail, to make sure they have a water supply they can't poop and pee in, and that will be fresh. I installed an automatic waterer from Gillis in my johnny house, and it eliminated die offs. I also hang the feed from the roof so they are not as likely to sit in it. They fly up to eat and perch on the edge of the feeder.

Antibiotics never seemed to help that much.
This has been my experience also. I do not like giving low doses of antibiotics to anything on a regular basis. The perfect way to end up with antibiotic resistant bugs.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.