Field Trial Futurity?

Onk

Field Trial Futurity?

Post by Onk » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Stupid question of the week.....what is a "Futurity" in field trials? I see the listing of Futurity Litters in my Brittany mag and I can enter my pup in the futurity, thats all great, but I don't know what it is! :D

You can answer as soon as you stop laughing!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Dashin Gun Dogs

Re: Field Trial Futurity?

Post by Dashin Gun Dogs » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:20 pm

Futurity is a competition of pups and derbies that should be an indicator of future competitors. It is mostly breeders that must futurity nominate the litter for a pup to be ran in a Brittany futurity. The breeder and the owner both have to pay dues for the futurity litter then the pup.
Chris Andrews
Dashin Gun Dogs
www.dashingundogs.com
"Developing enjoyable and obedient companions"

Onk

Post by Onk » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:22 pm

http://clubs.akc.org/brit/Futurity.htm

Thanks....I was directed to the above site if anyone else was curious! GDF comes thru again!

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Dashin Gun Dogs

Post by Dashin Gun Dogs » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:24 pm

That is the best place to read about it.
Chris Andrews
Dashin Gun Dogs
www.dashingundogs.com
"Developing enjoyable and obedient companions"

Brittguy

Post by Brittguy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Breeder pays nomination fees and the owner also does. This money goes into a purse and is divided among the winning dogs owners and breeders.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 am

Kirby if you want to enter dexter you need to pay the second forfeit which will be due here pretty soon ,,If you don't have the papers PM me your address and I can send you an extra form that I have for the 2012 futurity.

Never mind the above
http://clubs.akc.org/brit/forms/ABCFutu ... orfeit.pdf
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Onk

Post by Onk » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:23 am

Arlette, Robbie is sending me the papers, I just was not real sure what it was all about. Looks like I'm going to go see what this trialing is all about the weekend of Sept. 10th when Dex runs. Also going to be picking up Dexter's brother off of Robbie for a friend.

Thanks for the link Arlette, that explains a lot!

Doodle

Post by Doodle » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:38 am

Go and have fun. It is good to try new things. As long as you both come back safely, no harm done. Who knows you and the pup might enjoy it. You might meet some interesting new people or learn something new. None of these dog events will survive forever without new people coming in.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:01 am

Onk wrote:Arlette, Robbie is sending me the papers, I just was not real sure what it was all about. Looks like I'm going to go see what this trialing is all about the weekend of Sept. 10th when Dex runs. Also going to be picking up Dexter's brother off of Robbie for a friend.

Thanks for the link Arlette, that explains a lot!

I heard that :lol:

Kevin will take care of you
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:37 pm

...plus it pays big bucks

the Calcutta ... now ther is where the money is, tell him about the Calcutta K-Nine

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Chukar12 wrote:...plus it pays big bucks

the Calcutta ... now ther is where the money is, tell him about the Calcutta K-Nine
No doubt would have been nice if two young dogs didn't get into to birds right off the line.... Oh well if it could not be my dog glad it was yours

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:09 pm

The futurity itself doesn't really pay big bucks. My bitch went Best in Eastern Futurity a few years back and the payout (to the owner) was in the area of $300...nothing like the American Field payouts for futurities. It all depends on entries, but they seem to be pretty consistent.

It's a fun time and worth going to. The sponsoring clubs put on a great party and most try to combine with a field trial and a specialty show (to make it really worth your while). The field events use the AF standards instead of the AKC standards, so no bird contact is required to place (although it certainly helps).
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Chukar12 wrote:...plus it pays big bucks

That was a winner take all calcutta on the all age wasn't it didn't the pot get built up to like 1200 bucks they did say it was one of the better calcuttas they had in years

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:02 pm

heck now I can fit in around my golfing friends who are always talking calcutta this and calcutta that like big shots.....This should blow their minds, hope this doesnt mean I have to start drinking funny looking drinks and wearing ugly a@* clothes!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:12 pm

Onk wrote:heck now I can fit in around my golfing friends who are always talking calcutta this and calcutta that like big shots.....This should blow their minds, hope this doesnt mean I have to start drinking funny looking drinks and wearing ugly a@* clothes!
Now do I dare go there :lol:

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:19 pm

You know how the "golf types" can be! A lot of plaids and grapefruit juice and gin type crap......not at all me!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:23 pm

I can't for go the plaid but I do like a sapphire and Tonic with a little Lime