Has Anyone Bought Quail From This Man?

BoJack

Has Anyone Bought Quail From This Man?

Post by BoJack » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:15 am

Has anyone ordered Quail from setterman on here?- Jim Scott from Flatwoods WV? Sent a deposit Months ago on 20 Tenn Reds for June.Contacted him by e-mail May 30th.Said he had me down for 20 and would get back to me when his son's baseball season was over (4 more games).That's the last I heard from him.Have tried to call him and it says his number is no longer in service.My e-mails to him now bounces back as undeliverable also.Has anyone else ordered birds from him??
Dog On Point!!

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Re: Has Anyone Bought Quail From This Man?

Post by tommyboy72 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:12 pm

I looked at his prices and they were really high on top of the fact that shipping would have been too much. Sorry to hear it looks like you may have gotten taken.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:21 pm

Strange things happen all the time. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Onk

Post by Onk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:23 pm

He is on the Live Chat on this forum from time to time...maybe you can find him on there sometime and ask him what is going on.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:13 pm

Thanks.
Dog On Point!!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:28 pm

BoJack wrote:Thanks.
He hasn't been on GDF for a couple of months.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Onk

Post by Onk » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:35 pm

There you go, ezzy is the man that would know! Always hate to think the worse in people, maybe there are extenuating cirumstances! Of course maybe not! Sorry hate to see people get taken, on purpose or not!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm

boy that's a shame. Maybe ezzy could catch em just by casual conversation, and then say hey....

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 am

I did a google on his email. It turned up a bunch of hits. If you started there and did some detective work, you might be able to find out something. You might also google www.ridgetopsetters.com .

If it helps any, the IP address that he posts from, except for 3, were in Summersville, WV.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:16 am

Just a reminder. Please do not leap to conclusions. I had trouble reaching a bud over the weekend a couple of weeks ago. Monday, if found out that he'd died of a heart attack. I'm not saying that's what's going on here, not trying to pull on anyone's heart strings. Just keep an open mind. My grand dad was fond of quoting Yogi Berra "You don't know till you know"

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:30 pm

I did google that website and see where he posted all over the internet on different sites but the website apparently no longer exists because it takes you to a place to purchase domain names and says that one is for sale, his phone number is no longer operable and his email does not work either. I call a spade a spade when I see it.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:56 pm

As I said...He could have passed on. He could be in the hospital. He could be working through bankruptcy. It happens all the time.

I'm not trying to defend the fellow. I don't know him. Some of the stuff that I read seemed like he was working (over) hard to make a go of being an outfitter/guide.

We should focus on trying to put BoJack in touch with him so that they can work things out. With some footwork, I think it can be done. How many people with a last name of Scott that are unrelated are there going to be in Flatwoods, WV. Pop 348?

If nothing else, send the guy registered mail to his last known address with a note that you're trying to get in contact with him to resolve the issue. It's inexpensive and might yield some result. You might also try contacting the police department in the city or the sheriff. Might also cross-reference with foreclosures in the area. Might be able to kick up some kind of useful information by looking at public records in the county. Like taxes with the name or address.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Try spokeo.com it might show an address, phone, pictures of his house, income, etc lol scary web site.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:53 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:I did google that website and see where he posted all over the internet on different sites but the website apparently no longer exists because it takes you to a place to purchase domain names and says that one is for sale, his phone number is no longer operable and his email does not work either. I call a spade a spade when I see it.
Good point but in this case we aren't sure if it's a spade or a soup spoon. Once we find out then you can call it whatever you want. Till we know more lets just call it a case of a missing person and we have no idea why but we are working on it. Just hope it is nothing serious.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:06 pm

That site is spooky. I looked at my own. It has a lot of stuff right and some really, really wrong. I had no idea that I lived in a million dollar house ;) .

tn red

Post by tn red » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:22 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:That site is spooky. I looked at my own. It has a lot of stuff right and some really, really wrong. I had no idea that I lived in a million dollar house ;) .
It is spooky :lol:

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Thank goodness not much info. on me but found some on some people I used to know.

Jager

Post by Jager » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 pm

Dear Lord, Please make me the kind of person my dogs think I am.

http://www.allnkennels.com

BoJack

Post by BoJack » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks all.It may just end up being one of those unsolved mysteries.I can still get birds from a reliable source.Not worth the headache for the small deposit I sent.But I will keep an eye out for him in the future on the net(If he's still alive),if not may he RIP :)
Dog On Point!!