INVITED TO NAVHDA INVITATIONAL TO VOLUNTEER

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

INVITED TO NAVHDA INVITATIONAL TO VOLUNTEER

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Just wondering if every member gets an invite to volunteer at the INVITATIONAL in ohio this september??..i got an email inviting me to volunteer and wondered if anyone has done it, is it a great learning experience and i would like any info on what is expected (jobs) of volunteers who attend, thanks......ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

LincolnAlexander

Re: INVITED TO NAVHDA INVITATIONAL TO VOLUNTEER

Post by LincolnAlexander » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:52 pm

My wife and I got invites as well (thinking it is everyone.) We haven't gone to volunteer but the breeders we got our Weim from have and they said it was great.
CanCH Stonepoint's the Missing Link FD, RDX, V (Lincoln)
NorthLink Mattie's Bayou Shade NAVHDA NAII (108) (Shade)
NorthLink's Shaken Not Stirred NAVHDA NAI (112) (Olive)
http://www.northlinkweimaraners.com

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:15 pm

LincolnAlexander wrote:My wife and I got invites as well (thinking it is everyone.) We haven't gone to volunteer but the breeders we got our Weim from have and they said it was great.
ya i think youre right, it would make sense they would send an invite to everyone since they need so many volunteers each day..i think it would be a great experience to see some real good dog work and since its people from all over it would be great to meet so many members :D only thing is since i posted this lori from the GWP club called me and i just set up jersey for her JH test the same weekend, im sending out the paperwork tomorrow so i think i will try to do her JH test sunday and volunteer saturday for the invitational or visa versa :wink: i know the JH test is an entry level test some dont bother doing but my husband and i are really excited to get into any event with her and learn new things about the tests and handling her :D ...ruth

WiskeyJaR

Post by WiskeyJaR » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:28 pm

How did Jersey do on her JH test? Where you able to volinteer at NAVHDA?

SwitchGrassWPG

Post by SwitchGrassWPG » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:56 am

To find out what is required for some of the jobs, visit NAVHDA's Invitational webpage at http://www.navhda.org/invdetls.html
Only thing worse than a bad dog is no dog at all...

http://www.switchgrasswpg.com

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 am

WiskeyJaR wrote:How did Jersey do on her JH test? Where you able to volinteer at NAVHDA?
the JH test and NAVHDA invitational isnt until sept :D after talking to a few folks who know where jerseys at in her training theyve advised strongly against her going into the JH test because shes steady to flush and it may undo what she has learned so far so we are going to listen to the advice and i believe she will be taking her SH while with the trainer this winter..thanks again, ruth...

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:47 am

SwitchGrassWPG wrote:To find out what is required for some of the jobs, visit NAVHDA's Invitational webpage at http://www.navhda.org/invdetls.html
thank you, i will look at the link for info, it would be great to be involved, see the dogs run and meet alot of people that weekend :D .....ruth

ckirsch

Post by ckirsch » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:59 pm

If you have aspirations to run your dog in the Invitational at some point in the future, you'd be well served to volunteer this year. It would help you with your training / handling as you'd have a much better idea of what you and your dog will be up against after having actually witnessed the test, as opposed to just reading the test rules on the NAVHDA website. On top of that, you'll have a great time getting to know the other NAVHDA folks there, and watching some nice dog work.