Best Britt

gittrdonebritts

Best Britt

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Like Chuckar12 I'm growing weary of all the GSP posts ( no offense GSPers) So to all my Britt lovers out there who do you think was the Best producing Britt out there ? and reasons why ?

Brittlver

Re: Best Britt

Post by Brittlver » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Mine is the best Brit of all time. Why, because she is simply the best dog out there. Just Kidding I have no idea. I am new to the gun dog arena so I don't know any dogs exept Beans Blaze. Which Molly has in her.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Since you only want one :roll: ---I would have to say Ban-Dee. He produced a ton of titled dogs and put a lot of bird finding ability into his pups---even the ones that weren't titled.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:43 pm

The best I have seenis Bandee andhe probably has produced more good and outstanding pups that any other dog. I am sure that is true if you add up the generations of his family line since he was alive.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Grange

Post by Grange » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:19 pm

I don't have a lot of experience with britts, but the ones I know well go back to or come directly from Beeline Brittanies dogs. These britts have shown they can not only complete, but win in different trial venues. They've also shown to be very proficient bird hunters.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:26 pm

Grange wrote:I don't have a lot of experience with britts, but the ones I know well go back to or come directly from Beeline Brittanies dogs. These britts have shown they can not only complete, but win in different trial venues. They've also shown to be very proficient bird hunters.
They have been prettynice gun dogs but they haven't much record in feild trials other than Nstra. Nolans Last Bullet is the leading NSTRA is their leading dog of all time.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:09 pm

The preponderance of appearnces on national champion pedigrees in the last 20 years is Ban Dee. Of the recent (say the last 20 years), national caliber dogs in my analysis it appears that Rimarda's , the Scipio lines and of course Bean's Blaze are more influential than others on a whole.

Even Nolan's Last Bullet carries Ban Dee in his pedigree as well as Bazooka's Brandy, Scipio Spinks, and Perry's Rustic Prince they are deep in the pedigree but legitimate trial dogs. I cannot be sure but i believe the top of that pedigree was a plan by either Delmar or Rick Smith. The bottom I am guessing is a Jack's Brookes deal from here in the west. One day when I can see Nolan face to face I would love to ask what the "plan" was on Buddy.

There are other dogs worthy of mention but the post asks for the best, I guess my answer stays with Ban Dee...however, of greater interest to me is who comes out in the times we are in today.

WAIT...maybe I don't care...the whole GSP deal is more intertesting, borderline tawdry, I may switch alliances if this post doesn't produce some mud slinging.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:17 pm

um................ i must be lost. is this GSP.com? must have made a wrong click somewhere..................

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Grange wrote:I don't have a lot of experience with britts, but the ones I know well go back to or come directly from Beeline Brittanies dogs. These britts have shown they can not only complete, but win in different trial venues. They've also shown to be very proficient bird hunters.
yep

in AKC Buddy has sired 2 Show Champion and 5 FC/AFC and 2 AFC
2 Progeny that have National Placements and a grand Progeny who won the Open and Amateur National Gundog Championships

No doubt in my mind there would have been more but A lot of people in the brittany world turned their backs on NLB and shunned him because of his noted winnings in NSTRA but where some people who saw Buddy for the talents he had.

I know what I see in my dogs and having seen Buddy run compared to what my friends run in AKC..there is no doubt in my mind they could do the same thing Gundog shooting dog for sure...and as for AA majority of the people out there do not wish to have a dog that far out but some people I know that had the privileged to see buddy up in Montana said it was to bad Buddy wasn't run in HB trials that little dog had some wheels. I know there was one direct progeny that met up with an early demise had NSTRA titles and was well on his way to attaining not only his Field titles but show titles also

I like to look at dogs for the merits they have..and granted winning dogs get viewed and that green eye monster appears.

As for the Best hard to sayall in what you are looking for and at in the Brittanys
Nolans Last Bullet
Ban Dee
Beans Blaze
Scipio Spinx
Micro Dot
Lobo lines
Hi Proof Rum runner
Those are probably the most bred on dogs of today

As for chuckar12 post Many dogs you can add Bullet Proof II to that mix as that was Rick Smith first Stud dog AFTER he retired ..Bullet Proof II was NLB's Grand Sire Bullet Proof also sired HOF Hi Proof Rum Runner
this is Buddys pedigree http://database.kninebirddog.com/module ... pedid=4296

on Buddys bottom side there wasn't much to speak of but whos to say what made him top bottom or that magic combination of both as Buddy's Brother was no slouch either
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

OH yeah
One of his grand progeny was the western region all age futurity winner and placed in an hour championship stake at two years old
and if I am not mistaken I think Chuckar12 owns that dog :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:39 pm

um................ i must be lost. is this GSP.com? must have made a wrong click somewhere..................
Yes, you must have. I am suprised I should think you youngsters would have better mastery of the interweb..
This is from the jim Ingle Derby Classic this year a one hour stake run to all-age standards...find the GSP in this picture...

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Chukar12 wrote:
Yes, you must have. I am suprised I should think you youngsters would have better mastery of the interweb..
This is from the jim Ingle Derby Classic this year a one hour stake run to all-age standards...find the GSP in this picture...

I just saw this picture in the last American Field I got..

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:18 pm

of course you did..nothing but blue coiled steel and sex appeal...plus look how well conditioned my dog is.

brad27

Post by brad27 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:24 pm

find the GSP in this picture...
I think i see it working those trees on that ridge line in the back. :P :lol:

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:27 pm

I was thinking the same thoughts Brad !! :lol:

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:28 pm

...well in fairness there were none entered

Grange

Post by Grange » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:08 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
They have been prettynice gun dogs but they haven't much record in feild trials other than Nstra. Nolans Last Bullet is the leading NSTRA is their leading dog of all time.

Ezzy
I know three that all have multiple placements in American Field trials. Now two will be derbies this fall, but one has three placements in four amateur shooting dog trials. The last one was a first place placement out of 20 dogs.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Chukar12 wrote:of course you did..nothing but blue coiled steel and sex appeal...plus look how well conditioned my dog is.
Sonny is conditioned for sure,,but you should have shaved him he looks bigger then that setter that stands in front of him

volraider

Post by volraider » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:27 pm

that setter and britt could be brothers! :D :D :mrgreen:

brad27

Post by brad27 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:50 pm

volraider wrote:that setter and britt could be brothers! :D :D :mrgreen:
There's the controversy this thread needed. :mrgreen:

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:47 am

Chukar12 wrote:of course you did..nothing but blue coiled steel and sex appeal...plus look how well conditioned my dog is.
Your dog is cut out of the picture on my screen. Can you edit it so I can enjoy it with the rest :D .
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Vision

Post by Vision » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 am

gittrdonebritts wrote:Like Chuckar12 I'm growing weary of all the GSP posts ( no offense GSPers) So to all my Britt lovers out there who do you think was the Best producing Britt out there ? and reasons why ?

Easy, Tekoa Mountian Sunrise. How else do you explain the 13 hand Brittany's you see nowadays. There's your tawdry Churckar12

jayhawkj

Post by jayhawkj » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:50 am

Shambo's Dark Shadow deserves mentioned on this thread!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:54 am

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 am

AHHHH HAAAAH...what if I told you budding critics and comedians that dog is within breed standards?

Well...almost 21" and 41lbs, but from parents that are both well within breed standards. It does leave me in a quandry I haven't decided whether to shoot him before or after this years nationals, if I do it before it will save me money, if I do it after I will have a reason to leave California and go to Arkansas for Thanksgiving...the pressure of these decisions is mind-boggling.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:00 am

Arlette,

i assume your blank picture was to resize in response to Ron. He can see the picture he is merely being a wise elbow...
by Ron R
Your dog is cut out of the picture on my screen. Can you edit it so I can enjoy it with the rest

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:03 am

kninebirddog wrote:
Chukar12 wrote:

I just saw this picture in the last American Field I got..

I do not believe any GSP's were entered.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:20 am

The proper pecking order was in affect....Pointer - Setter - Brit or GSP, makes no difference :lol: .

Great job chukar :D but I really couldn't see it in the first post. Thanks k9 :) .

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

jayhawkj

Post by jayhawkj » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:23 am

I also couldn't view the whole picture until down sized. Good looking Britt!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:28 am

Chukar12 wrote:Arlette,

i assume your blank picture was to resize in response to Ron. He can see the picture he is merely being a wise elbow...
by Ron R
Your dog is cut out of the picture on my screen. Can you edit it so I can enjoy it with the rest
Actually I couldn't expand the screen wide enough either..but then again I already knew what the picture looked like

to bad Ed didn't get a picture of the Bill West Derby classic win then it would have been correct Brittany Pointer Setter :lol:

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:29 am

Chukar12 wrote:...well in fairness there were none entered
So Joe what were you trying to say here :lol:

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:37 am

by Ron R »
Great job chukar but I really couldn't see it in the first post. Thanks k9 .
Dang it, I will chck my records, that may have been the first time I was wrong...
by northern cajun
I do not believe any GSP's were entered
Please check the fine print...
and I think there were some GSP folks there, they just left when we unloaded. Probably intimidated. That in no way diminishes the placement...nor does the fact that the Roberstson's, Shawn Kelly or Torben Hansen who would normally have dogs entered and were absent...well...maybe that diminishes it a little...

I am probably going to quit...Doc, can I drive your boat?

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 am

Don't shoot him Chukar. Send him to KY to me. Then go to Arkansas over Thanksgiving to watch me with my new dog. It is a win-win-win. The dog lives, you get rid of him and still get to watch him (saves your expenses)- and I get your headache... Great plan! After all that dog is out of standard and will never win a show. Send him to someone that will appreciate the mis-fit! He would fit right in here, I am a little out of standard too!

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:25 am

Chukar12 wrote:and I think there were some GSP folks there, they just left when we unloaded.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 am

by mlittle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 am

Don't shoot him Chukar. Send him to KY to me. Then go to Arkansas over Thanksgiving to watch me with my new dog. It is a win-win-win. The dog lives, you get rid of him and still get to watch him (saves your expenses)- and I get your headache... Great plan! After all that dog is out of standard and will never win a show. Send him to someone that will appreciate the mis-fit! He would fit right in here, I am a little out of standard too!
Kentucky? I cannot send him to Kentucky, I said he was too tall he doesn't have an overbite :D

i am sorry that was wrong, you were trying to help.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm

The best britt's are second or third generation crosses with setters. Whoops...

Lol I have no clue.... just giving something for you to post on since everyone agrees. We need to make this thread dysfunctional like the GSP and pointer threads.

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:35 pm

Chukar12 wrote:
by mlittle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 am

Kentucky? I cannot send him to Kentucky, I said he was too tall he doesn't have an overbite :D

i am sorry that was wrong, you were trying to help.

I don't even have a come back for that one....well done! :D

ncpointers

Post by ncpointers » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:24 pm

I was never able to see Buddy in person but I have seen some really nice dogs off of him. However, the best Brittney I have ever seen, run against, or judged personally is Ban Dee bred. He has fabulous style, awesome nose, runs like a pointer and will turn inside out when running wide open and he hits scent. He is Grouseland's Long Haul "Zip" out of Virginia. Just my 2 cents.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:05 pm

There is a current brittany who is recently retired who seems to be throwing some really nice pups. He has only been breed a couple times, but so far his litters seem to be producing. His first litter produced 2 FC's before they were 3, and there were at least 2 other dogs who went to hunting homes that could have easily been good trial dogs. Heck, probably the best dog out of the litter never got a chance to trial. We should know more in the next year or two, but I think he's going to be a good one that gets a lot of recognition as a stud dog.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:31 pm

That's all the info we get?

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Yep... ;-) If the next few litters turn out Im sure you will know his name. But for now, I don't want to jinx him, or the current offspring! haha .... What I can tell you is that of the two FC's, one or the other placed in every single GD trial they were ran in this spring, except for one. And that includes 3 hr trials, two that were championships. Both have placed in AA and GD trials and everything they have done so far has been before they had turned 3. Two more offspring will hopefully be running trials as derby's this fall with another litter that was just born that will probably be running in a year. Its going to be fun to see them mature and see what becomes of the offspring, but so far, things look promising.

CowboyBirdDogs

Post by CowboyBirdDogs » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:02 pm

Way off topic and completely random, what line does Ben O. Williams get his dogs from?

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:12 pm

They are his own breeding

quailrunner

Post by quailrunner » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:54 am

Minnie De La Source Aux Perdix gets my vote, and I'm sure that all the GSP's that have run with her agree that she gave them lots of opportunities to hone their honoring skills. :mrgreen:
With Champions like Ultra, Ray, Shun, Olaf, Polka, Titus, Doc, and top breeders of the World seeking her line to use in their breeding programs, it's hard to argue the fact that she is one of the Best Brittany's of the past decade.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:41 am

Admit it quailrunner.... that britt stole .point!

quailrunner

Post by quailrunner » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:31 am

Yeah, that's how it happened!! :roll: I'd bet the only thing that GSP could do better was eat and poop. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: look at that; synchronized laughing

Birddawg

Post by Birddawg » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Both my Britts are young, 2, and 1 1/2 yrs old. I admit they both have a lot to learn yet, but man o man, they are incredible dogs. My female spent late May thru early Sept with Jim John at his summer camp. 2 weeks ago we finished 5th in her first NSTRA field trial, and could have done better except for my poor shooting. I took a lot of cr@p for that, but got a LOT of complements on how she ran and worked. Only gets better from here. My male is currently in training, and his trainer has nothing but high praise for him. Both of them have Beans Blaze, Ban Dee, and Micro dot in their lines. May be some pups in the future. Really looking forward to this pheasant season.

Meller

Post by Meller » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:03 am

I'm not a Britt man , but what about Just Call ME Roy or Diamond Dan; What did they produce,
What did they go back to.? :)

southernblues

Post by southernblues » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:59 am

Birddawg wrote:Both my Britts are young, 2, and 1 1/2 yrs old. I admit they both have a lot to learn yet, but man o man, they are incredible dogs. My female spent late May thru early Sept with Jim John at his summer camp. 2 weeks ago we finished 5th in her first NSTRA field trial, and could have done better except for my poor shooting. I took a lot of cr@p for that, but got a LOT of complements on how she ran and worked. Only gets better from here. My male is currently in training, and his trainer has nothing but high praise for him. Both of them have Beans Blaze, Ban Dee, and Micro dot in their lines. May be some pups in the future. Really looking forward to this pheasant season.

congrats -- nothing better than seeing young dogs mature and put the pieces together.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:31 am

Can't really say about A best britt as there are many that have been behind some terrific dogs of today
Scipio Spinks, Pacolet Cheyenne Sam, Ban Dee, Microdot, Beans Blaze, Nolan's Last Bullet, Hi-Proof Rum Runner, Tequila's Joker, Renegade Kansas Kid, Gamblers Ace in the Hole

these are a few dogs that have been in many dogs pedigrees which have done well for their owners from trials to hunting