12 weeks old-Maxwell Blew By You x K Nine Guns and Roses

mlittle

12 weeks old-Maxwell Blew By You x K Nine Guns and Roses

Post by mlittle » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Just got the new pup in a few days ago. Took it out for some birdwork to see what she thought about them. I have several pictures. We put out 3 birds. All 3 went very similar to the one in this video. Not bad for the first time out and only 12 weeks old!

Can't wait to see what she looks like when the light bulb comes on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcKCmqkHnRc

Pictures of the other points will be on later. I think I am gonna enjoy this one.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Re: 12 weeks old-Maxwell Blew By You x K Nine Guns and Roses

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Man oh man....that's very very nice

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Nice Setter ! I mean Britt :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Edited for Chuckar12
Last edited by gittrdonebritts on Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Joe,

Shouldnt your smile icon deal be green instead of blushing? Thats a nice dog...and i haven't found a Britt pedigree posted on this site clear of a dog that hasn't been accused or suspected rightly or wrongly of some EP or ES blood...

SetterNut

Post by SetterNut » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:36 pm

Very Nice Mark. You have a lot of good stuff to work with, in that pup. :D
Steve

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Chukar12 wrote:Joe,

Shouldnt your smile icon deal be green instead of blushing? Thats a nice dog...and i haven't found a Britt pedigree posted on this site clear of a dog that hasn't been accused or suspected rightly or wrongly of some EP or ES blood...
I'm Purley Joking I have a Possible Settney in my kennel know a Daughter of Fc Tequila joker's jose cuervo and a grand Daughter of Fc AFC Chubasco another who has been accused of being half or 3/4 setter nothing wrong with it, she has been a great dog for me for the past 8 yrs but I really don't consider her a brittany, since she is over size and looks more like a setter. Lets just drop this before we go and ruin mlittle's post about his cute new pup sorry I even tried to make a Joke.

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:49 pm

gittrdonebritts wrote:

I'm Purley Joking I have a Possible Settney in my kennel know a Daughter of Fc Tequila joker's jose cuervo and a grand Daughter of Fc AFC Chubasco another who has been accused of being half or 3/4 setter nothing wrong with it, she has been a great dog for me for the past 8 yrs but I really don't consider her a brittany, since she is over size and looks more like a setter. Lets just drop this before we go and ruin mlittle's post about his cute new pup sorry I even tried to make a Joke.
heck, if I thought it had setter in it I never would have bought it. I thought it ad a little EP in it. I am looking for a dog that will run. :D Looking forward to seeing what this one turns out to be. I don't mind if a dog is a little out of standard. I don't show em.
I love the style of Chuck on point, and the bird finding ability of Buddy. They both have been DNA'd and I am happy. Here's to hoping it has the brains of a britt, style of a setter, and runs like an EP! :D

Maurice

Post by Maurice » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 am

That pup is pure class. I love the style and intensity. Arlette is producing some great pups.

Mo

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 am

Thanks Mo. And yes she is. I have been waiting very impatiently for this one.

Here are a few pics from yesterday.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:51 am

Well She has her mommas tail carriage :mrgreen: and Ears :roll:
here is Momma And lets just say she scores well with the NSTRA judges who mostly own pointers in my area

oh to really ruin your day :wink:
http://www.kninebirddog.com/how-they-are-doing.html

the two pups in the picture to the right the back on is an older full sibling of Piper his name is Ozzy and then the one in front is from the other litter I did with Chuck and my Yotie his name is Doc ...They were in the puppy class and the one to the right is a full sibling her name is Lucy....
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 am

mlittle wrote:Thanks Mo. And yes she is. I have been waiting very impatiently for this one.

Here are a few pics from yesterday.

SWEET :mrgreen:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:43 am

VERY NICE PUP!! i could look at pups doin their thing ALL DAY, congrats on the new addition and thanks for sharing :D ...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

Dashin Gun Dogs

Post by Dashin Gun Dogs » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 am

nice pup. not bad for 25% pointer. :wink:
Chris Andrews
Dashin Gun Dogs
www.dashingundogs.com
"Developing enjoyable and obedient companions"

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:19 pm

I heard if you give them enough food and water....

Very nice pup. I would love to have a little guy like that.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Funny thing is a more a dog wins or the bigger the wins the more trash people will.talk about it

mrcreole

Post by mrcreole » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:17 pm

That is a super nice pup.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:35 pm

kninebirddog wrote:

Funny thing is a more a dog wins or the bigger the wins the more trash people will.talk about it
Not really true

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 pm

So mark when do we get more pictures

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Post by Chukar12 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 pm

I cant predict what people will say or do. However, I think it is sophomoric to make suppositions that are unproven. Either step up and demand that action be taken if you have a reason to do so, accept that steps have been taken to clean up competition, or put some salt and pepper on it and swallow... A guy bought a nice dog with DNA'd parents casting a shadow over that is rude.

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Thanks everyone for the remarks. I am looking forward to seeing what this pup can become.

I want to thank Arlette for allowing me to have one of these pups. I hope we can do it justice. I looked at a lot of pups before deciding on this breeding.

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Holy mackerel that is one nice puppy! She has a ton of animation and nice intensity, love to see a dog spin and point like that especially one so young! Good luck and keep us updated. How big was the smile on your face after seeing that?

PS: I like the longer dock.

cmc274

Post by cmc274 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Great video. This video and the one of a setter a few months back are my favorite GDF posts.

As an aside, is your location pronounced in the french fashion, or similar to the pittsburgh suburb- north versailles (ver-sales).

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Nice britt ,Wow! Congrats.I had a pup use his nose like that 10 yrs or so ago......Was my best dog ever.

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 pm

ACooper wrote:Holy mackerel that is one nice puppy! She has a ton of animation and nice intensity, love to see a dog spin and point like that especially one so young! Good luck and keep us updated. How big was the smile on your face after seeing that?

PS: I like the longer dock.
We were certainly high fiveing when we saw it! I certainly was surprized. :D

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:57 pm

cmc274 wrote:Great video. This video and the one of a setter a few months back are my favorite GDF posts.

As an aside, is your location pronounced in the french fashion, or similar to the pittsburgh suburb- north versailles (ver-sales).
Thanks! It is my favorite too! :D
Yeah, our Versailles is the Redneck version!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 pm

mlittle wrote:Thanks everyone for the remarks. I am looking forward to seeing what this pup can become.

I want to thank Arlette for allowing me to have one of these pups. I hope we can do it justice. I looked at a lot of pups before deciding on this breeding.
You are very welcome. it will be fun to follow her progress. hope Jake has enough hair to spare :lol:

I look forward to hearing more of her outings and More videos and More Pictures ...LOL At least when she is pointing it makes it easier to take pictures. I need to get a new camera

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:57 am

Awesome lookin' pup. The problem with puppies is that once you get em all trained up, you have to buy another one so you can keep training. I love young dogs and all that goes with em. So fun to watch em grow up and learn. Good luck. Thanks for sharing.

jbesachio

Post by jbesachio » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 am

Impressive! Looks like years of enjoyable hunting is coming your way!

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:22 pm

AWESOME!! I would be very proud as well. I don't know the stud (other than by reputation) and I don't know the dam, but I do know a K-Nine dog here in Canada that is absolutely BEAUTIFUL on point. Arlette does produce great dogs, and this is proof of a fine breeding. You should be proud of this pup and Arlette should be proud of what the breeding produced! I am jealous...

Kall It Action

Post by Kall It Action » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:14 pm

NICE!! U got an awesome pup! I love when it she catches the first scent, what a snap n point. Have fun w/her n keep posting videos/pictures.
~Chari~
"You can't run a dog based on color."
"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the Stars."
"Do one thing everyday that scares you. It lets you know you're alive."

mlittle

Post by mlittle » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:35 am

Thanks guys for all the comments. Kall it, you should have seen my son Jacks face when she hit that point. We have been plesantly surprized at how much she loves to point and how stylish she is this early on. We put her on 2 birds with a firend Friday, and she was just as stylish and actually held until we went out front and flushed.

We are not going to put her on many birds for a while. Just going to do some walks in the short grass and let her run and get comfortable and chase some tweeety birds around. I want to make sure she is going to get some range on her, and be very comfortable out away from me. I don't want her thinking she just needs to be with me all the time to find birds. I might give her a bird or 2 a week for the next month or so, but right now it is about running and exploring. I am QUITE comfortable that she will have plenty of style and nose. She will get plenty of birds after she develops some confidence running out, gets whoa broke and learns to come when called.

Onk

Post by Onk » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:22 am

Thanks for posting the video, that was very awesome! Looks like a keeper for sure, nice pup!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"