fc afc sundance's hearts are wild

Ahumphers91a

fc afc sundance's hearts are wild

Post by Ahumphers91a » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Has anyone out there had any hands on experiences with "kid" (sundances hearts are wild)? I have a pup from him, and uodibar's o'maya. Also getting a pup from ken levy with clown on top and rusty (including sundnaces herts are wild) on the bottom.

bossman

Re: fc afc sundance's hearts are wild

Post by bossman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Not "hands on", but Kid is the grandsire on the bottom of one of our dog's. Our dog is a great bird dog(imo). Finds birds, looks good on point, natural backer and retriever, great disposition. Good luck.

mrcreole

Post by mrcreole » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Check out www.bluemountainpreserve.com Shoot them an email.......good people.....was an excellent dog.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:57 pm

That's where I bought my male. I believe it was one of "Kid's" last litters

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:06 pm

I have a granddaughter. She's a buckethead. Fat little thing, too. Ran off a cliff into the Missouri River and took two dogs with her.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:50 am

Mother and father? My male is the best dog I have ever owned period. I've had labs, and a viszla. Very calm, but have to give him a nick with the collar just so he comes and gets water. Awesome drive and bird finding ability.

Vonzeppelinkennels
GDF Junkie

Post by Vonzeppelinkennels » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:55 am

Gulledges trialed & FC him,was owned by Coffelts then.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Ahumphers91a wrote:Mother and father? My male is the best dog I have ever owned period. I've had labs, and a viszla. Very calm, but have to give him a nick with the collar just so he comes and gets water. Awesome drive and bird finding ability.
Mine? Rexx and QRSD Rusty are her great-grandfathers on each side. Her mother is the product of a Rexx-Morticia bitch bred to Sundance's Hearts Are Wild. Her father carries the prefix "Quailquest," as does his father. This dog is the sole reason I avoid Quail Ridge Sundance Rusty breeding like the plague. See the discussion on "hard-headed" dogs and add defiant and obnoxious.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:14 pm

That seem's a little crazy to me. My male is out of kid (Sundance's Hearts Are WIld x Uodibar's O'Maya) O'maya is a daughter of FC Uodibar's Iron John, who is a half brother to kid on the mother's side. He is one of the most "Willing" dog's I have ever owned. Guess it's just based upon some people's personal experience's. I will have to take a peek at the post as mentioned. :)

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Ahumphers91a wrote:That seem's a little crazy to me. My male is out of kid (Sundance's Hearts Are WIld x Uodibar's O'Maya) O'maya is a daughter of FC Uodibar's Iron John, who is a half brother to kid on the mother's side. He is one of the most "Willing" dog's I have ever owned. Guess it's just based upon some people's personal experience's. I will have to take a peek at the post as mentioned. :)
I have dogs that are Rexx, Luke, Koonass, and other variations of Rusty. This girl beats them all for quirky. She's a great little birddog. On her time. I've never seen a Rusty dog that was as calm as you describe. Most of them are high voltage, scrappy.

kensfishing

Post by kensfishing » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:25 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:
Ahumphers91a wrote:That seem's a little crazy to me. My male is out of kid (Sundance's Hearts Are WIld x Uodibar's O'Maya) O'maya is a daughter of FC Uodibar's Iron John, who is a half brother to kid on the mother's side. He is one of the most "Willing" dog's I have ever owned. Guess it's just based upon some people's personal experience's. I will have to take a peek at the post as mentioned. :)
I have dogs that are Rexx, Luke, Koonass, and other variations of Rusty. This girl beats them all for quirky. She's a great little birddog. On her time. I've never seen a Rusty dog that was as calm as you describe. Most of them are high voltage, scrappy SOBs.
I've got four of them and haven't seen any of quirky. I've also have one of the same breeding here at the house and still nothing you decribe. Just plain out and out bird dogs and they love to please.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:49 pm

He asked. A lot of people would love her. I want better manners. She is also one of the worst built shorthairs I've seen and had a nasty disposition as a puppy.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Sorry to hear about your feelings on these dog's. It's my preference to be a "Kid" guy all the way :mrgreen: I have has 2 dog's, one a son and one a grandson, that all they want to do is please me. They are great dog's.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Levy's Heart is a littermate to my dog's mother. Mine may be the only one if the bloodline to be a buckethead. I wouldn't judge good or bad on one dog. If you are happy breeding out of the second meanest son of Dixieland's Rusty to draw breath, go for it. I regularly double up on Koonass and still have all my fingers.
Last edited by Cajun Casey on Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Well, it's about manners I would say mostly. I have had great natured dog's so far, with the exception to a black and roan shorthair I had once (not from Kid's lines) who was very very territorial. Lot's of Tip Top Savage Sam in his pedigree. I think most people know that there is a chance when Sam is in the ped.

bigoak

Post by bigoak » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:45 pm

I don't think you'd want to walk up to Sundance gypsy lee on a stakeout.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:00 pm

I have heard that as well...LOL. My dog's are great, if they don't know you they do the usual bark and stuff. But there is no aggression at all.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:06 pm

To her credit, the little fat thing was retrieving nicely this evening during an impromptu tennis ball session. Except for the one instance when she dropped the ball, whirled and nailed one of my big boys in passing, grabbed up the ball and continued like nothing had happened.

Ahumphers91a

Post by Ahumphers91a » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Is that her pic? If it is she sure does look like a feisty little bitch... LOL

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Ahumphers91a wrote:Is that her pic? If it is she sure does look like a feisty little bitch... LOL
That is she. And, yes, she is.