Possibly Getting out ? Updated !!!!!

gittrdonebritts

Possibly Getting out ? Updated !!!!!

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:24 pm

I just got the Best Birthday Gift I could have asked for ever ! Got a call from the Job I was Trying to get (Dog trainer at Petsmart lol)
They offered it to me and I'm no an official member of the Petsmart Staff filled out my paper work today and I start tomorrow !
So i won't be selling anything now that I have a Job and my wife and I can breath a little easier, and not have all the worry's that go with losing a large part of the Family income and with this Job I will work later in the day and Nights I can still train gun dogs during the day then go help train bratty house dogs :lol: I want to thank everyone for the well wishes and the Prayers, it really means a lot that a bunch of well pretty much strangers sent so much kindness and compassion for someone they have never met except for on a internet Forum it goes to show what a Wonderful group of people we really have on this Forum now if we can all just agree that a good dog is a good dog no matter his tail length or coat type we'll be even more on the right Path :lol: :D :D
Last edited by gittrdonebritts on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Re: Possibly Getting out ?

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:40 pm

I would be interested in the lauchers. That sounds like a good price for 3 launchers or is that a piece? Also might be interested in the backing dog as well.

quailrunner

Post by quailrunner » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:03 pm

I would be interested in the launchers, starter pistol, pinch collar, cc, and some other stuff as well

High Brass

Post by High Brass » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Sure could put that alpha pistol to good use.

Thanks
Bob
Hard Scrabble Maggie
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

"[He] hopes to own a dog that has pointing instinct, and bird-finding brains. The dog that will hunt for you, not the dog you have to hunt for. The better type of English Setter....[is] the dual-type: Which means, the kind that are fit to shoot over in the field on game, and the kind that are fit to look at, or have about the home, the balance of the year and be appreciated."

George H. Ryman
Ryman Gundog Kennels

ohmymy111

Post by ohmymy111 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:28 pm

If the Field 90 is a G2 or G3 I would be interested in that
Mark Dinsmore
Proud owner of
GrCHF GRCH Vernon de L'Escarbot AKC MH Rest up my boy, until I meet up to hunt with you again
CH Ardoise des Deux Pierres Bleue TAN 14 years together and it was not long enough
TR Jabo de El Matochar CH -CS -IB
CHF CH Darius de L'Eoile du Nord TAN
CH E'toile du Mas D'Pataula TAN
L'Etoile du Ten Bar Ranch
Messi de L'Etoile du Nord
Meg de Sugar Creek
Orion de L'Etoile du Nord
Persese de L'Etoile du Nord

http://www.ebretons.com

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:19 pm

PM sent...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

MTO4Life

Post by MTO4Life » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Too bad to hear you are toying with the idea of getting out of it! Either way, all the best with your decision...

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:39 am

PM sent...

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:18 pm

I sure hope you don't want to get out but if you do I am sure I can help take some of the items off your hands.

Jesse

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:50 pm

I also hope you don't get out, but I wish you the best with whatever you decide. I consider you a friend after just meeting you one time.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:09 pm

Well I feel like I know most of you well enough to share what is going on, After losing my Job I decided it was a sign I should purse my dream of training dogs full time but you have to spend money to make money and when your raising a young family there really isn't any money so I'm at this point after Job searching for a long time that if this Job I'm currently in the interview process with doesn't pan out I'm going to sell all my equipment find homes for most my dogs and go back into the Marines for a while at least if not making a career out if it like I probably should have done in the first place. Things Happen in life that you may not always understand at first or even like but it all happens for a reason, I'm just trying to take it one day at a time and keep my faith up and my head held high, I want to thank everyone that has sent PM's of well wishes I've just as many of those as I have about the Training gear and it really helps put a smile on my face.
I'm hoping to hear back from this Job early next week if not by the end of the week and when I do I will let all who asked about gear know one way or the other.
Thanks again for all the support Most of you I have only known through PM's or thread chatting but I feel as though you are all dear friends I have know for years :D
Joe

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Joe, think we need to talk.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

ddoyle

Post by ddoyle » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:32 pm

Joe as someone who has had a couple of setbacks the last few years....let me guarantee you that everything will work out! You mentioned a young family...remember they love you not the things you provide. Best of Luck!
Doyle

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:48 pm

Joe, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I hope something works out for you and yours, and you don't give up your dream entirely. I don't get to do what I love for a living at this point, but it's still a big part of my life, and I hope that holds true for you as well--no matter what you decide to do. Best wishes and I'm glad to have met you...and I hope you hang around. :wink:

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:45 pm

While I'm sure there are a few things I could always use, I'd rather see you keep it all and continue pursuing your dream. Don't give up. Keep your chin up, muscle through and know that many are wishing the best for ya.
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:38 am

joe, weve all got issues going on, different issues but weve all got em..i consider you a friend and appreciate our talks..theres a few things i would like to buy from you but keep at your house :wink: so let me know if you decide to sell them....ruth

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:20 am

Joe, I too would rather see you keep your stuff and keep training even if on the side. I believe you are a great person and I do believe something will work out. You have always treated me as a friend and I appreciate that.

Thanks
Timmy Suggs

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:58 am

I dont know you from Adam. But I do know that if you have this many people encouraging you and wanting to see you stay with it, you're a good man. All you can do is the best you can do. Keep your head up, this too shall pass! Maybe not tomorrow, but it will pass!

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:37 am

I'd hate to see you get out, either for a time or for good. This mess gets in your blood...

The things we experience and do make us better people. Nothing wrong with a break, and obviously family is number one...

I'd be on the TT 90 like a Britt on birds :D I've been eyeing one already and just picked up EP #2, lord knows I'll need a collar! :lol: :lol:
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

Onk

Post by Onk » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:50 am

Hang in there Britts....I can tell you from my age looking back things have a way of working out for good people it seems! Don't jump to any rash decisions or set a short time frame for making a big decision....take your time and give it time to work itself out! Good luck on your decisions and hang in there!!!

PM me Britts and let me know what you do for a living...maybe there is a way I can help!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

roberts

Post by roberts » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:00 am

Semper FI!!
Good luck with whatever choice you make.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Re: Possibly Getting out ? Updated !!!!!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:32 pm

Awesome

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:35 pm

THATS AWESOME GITTRDONEBRITTS!! and to be working at my favorite place in the world PETSMART :mrgreen: my girlfriend just went threw their grooming training here in canada and they paid for it all plus she gets a good wage to boot!! so happy for you and your family, good things come to those who wait :mrgreen: take care....ruth

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:41 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:THATS AWESOME GITTRDONEBRITTS!! and to be working at my favorite place in the world PETSMART :mrgreen: my girlfriend just went threw their grooming training here in canada and they paid for it all plus she gets a good wage to boot!! so happy for you and your family, good things come to those who wait :mrgreen: take care....ruth
There gonna send me to there "training" class in by Chicago for 2 weeks Paid Mileage meals and hotel, Its not a bad place to work, hourly wage plus training commission and Benefits, and I can still train Bird dogs on the side I'm super stoked.

rschmeider

Post by rschmeider » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:43 pm

Congrats ,im glad you can keep your dogs.I coundn't live with out one.Happy b-day

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Great news Joe!!!! And oh BTW, I can agree that a good dog is a good dog, regardless of................ :D

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:54 pm

gittrdonebritts wrote:
GUNDOGS wrote:THATS AWESOME GITTRDONEBRITTS!! and to be working at my favorite place in the world PETSMART :mrgreen: my girlfriend just went threw their grooming training here in canada and they paid for it all plus she gets a good wage to boot!! so happy for you and your family, good things come to those who wait :mrgreen: take care....ruth
There gonna send me to there "training" class in by Chicago for 2 weeks Paid Mileage meals and hotel, Its not a bad place to work, hourly wage plus training commission and Benefits, and I can still train Bird dogs on the side I'm super stoked.
they did that for her too, she had to go to SARNIA, ONTARIO to train for a month and they paid for her meals, hotels and gas to come home once a week..she is loving it, after working for temp agencies for 2 years shes glad to grow some roots and have a steady paycheck PLUS shes a huge animal lover so it all worked out!! now i take my dogs to her for a bath and nail clip so she can get her 100 dogs in and start making some commission and full benefits..glad youre still able to train bird dogs and not just foo-foo's :P :lol: jk....ruth

bossman

Post by bossman » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:05 pm

That is great news! I've been thinking of you ever since your original post. Your right, many good people on this forum. As an additional benefit, you'll now have detailed information on dog food you and ezzy can share :D

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:26 pm

Congratulations. FYI, a Halti is better than a Gentle Leader.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:Congratulations. FYI, a Halti is better than a Gentle Leader.
I'd have to say training is better then either one lol

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:14 pm

gittrdonebritts wrote:
I won't use them, but PetSmart here does. Halti has a cheek strap and fits better. Good luck on your new career. You should get lots of referrals if you use your Corps image to your advantage. :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

ddoyle

Post by ddoyle » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Awesome News!!!! I couldn't be happier for you!
Doyle

displaced_texan

Post by displaced_texan » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:12 pm

Cajun Casey wrote: Good luck on your new career. You should get lots of referrals if you use your Corps image to your advantage. :D
That's the truth!

Congrats on the job, very glad it worked out for you.

Ironically I was in Petsmart earlier today, got to the local place I prefer to late and needed/wanted some bones... The ones they have aren't near as quality as the ones we usually buy, I always assumed they were the same. But I digress...

Enjoy the new journey, I can't say I'm not jealous.
I have English Pointers because they don't ever grow up either...

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:20 pm

gittrdonebritts wrote:
No doubt those things are like fast food and have little value for a balance animal :lol:
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Onk

Post by Onk » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:19 pm

Can I get a Hells yes!!!!!!Congrats, I told you things most times work out for good people! Happy for you, you got to love it!
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/genview.php?id=3600

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better." -George Bird Evans " Troubles with Bird Dogs"

proudag08

Post by proudag08 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:39 am

CONGRATS!!!! Very happy fot you and yours! :D

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:49 am

Congrats, that is awesome!

NC Quailhunter

Post by NC Quailhunter » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:07 pm

Joe
That is great news. I am glad that things are starting to fall in place for you. Good things happen to good people and it looks like they are happening for you. That is awesome.
NCQ
I'd rather live on the side of a mountain, than wander through canyons of concrete and steel.

HDAU

Post by HDAU » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Great news Joe!