Hello, I am Ed McMahon

Chukar12
GDF Junkie

Hello, I am Ed McMahon

Post by Chukar12 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:20 pm

If I removed the barriers of time and money, what would you do in the gun dog world? For instance with all the brevity I can muster…I would be a part-time business consultant that stayed in touch electronically while traveling the country to prominent Brittany and AF trials with Brittany’s and pointers of my own training and breeding. In between the events I would hunt all the wild birds I could. In the off-season I would travel a few weeks with the wife and then stay in Montana fly-fishing and training.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Re: Hello, I am Ed McMahon

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:50 pm

I would build a large facility to house 100 birddogs and have a huge kennel staff to help take care of them ..i would hire the best of the best dog trainers (that would teach me and my dogs everything they know), have enough acreage to have an abundance amount of birds and raise them in my huge mac daddy set up of quail, pheasant and chukar, ah heck some flyin rats too :D ..i would have my kids become involved as much as possible in the business so they are never out of work and i would always have rescues that i could keep instead of always rehoming the ones i fall in love with..all birddog training would be free for those who would travel to my training grounds,i would travel with my family and dogs everywhere i could starting with south dakota and ending with flying into alaska on some ptarmigan before heading back home to my large log home in the mountains of montana with an unforgettable view from my front porch swing and hubby beside me talking dogs all evening as the sun sets and gets ready for another day of pure pleasure..ahhh i can see it now :mrgreen: ...ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

birddog1968
GDF Junkie

Post by birddog1968 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:08 pm

I would buy a small county in a western/ midwestern locale and you'd probably never hear from or see me again :lol:
The second kick from a mule is of very little educational value - from Wing and Shot.

Hunters Pale Rider

Hunters Branch Jalapeno

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:39 pm

I would Start my own brand of Dog food with 2 different sects the first would have corn and other grain and I'd name it Ezzy's Choice the second would be all natural stuff called Sal's Selects :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In reality I Probably wouldn't do anything different than most of you first pay some bills then buy some land and spend my time enjoying my bird dogs

asc

Post by asc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Buy a nice motorhome and try to hunt birds in every state in the lower 48 before I kick off
Good whiskey,good dogs, no BS!

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Buy a lot of land in Alabama, and exhaust all efforts to introduce wild birds! But first I would have to cut down some of the pine trees that everyone in the south has started planting! :D

Pineywoods

Post by Pineywoods » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Plantation

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:45 pm

very different from the deer woods!!

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Invest 4 mill in an apartment complex.. wife keep her job and buy a monochrome with horse trailer. Go on road trips to all of the major trials and take some good guys along for the ride. If there is a nice resort fly the wives put and treat em nicely so I won't get any complaints.

I would even consider allowing some utards along for the ride...

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:05 am

The first things that I would do would be to make three calls:
1. An estate lawyer.
2. A really good accountant.
3. A financial planner.

I would then, with them, figure out how I could modestly hunt, fish and shoot targets for the rest of my natural life and still pass on more than the 5 mil to my kids.

Vision

Post by Vision » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 am

I would buy a couple 1000 acres between Treasurton and Swan Lake Idaho. I would have pheasants, sharpies, sage, blues, ruffs, huns, deer and elk, oh can't leave out the huge diamondbacks all in one purchase.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 am

Greg Jennings wrote:The first things that I would do would be to make three calls:
1. An estate lawyer.
2. A really good accountant.
3. A financial planner.

I would then, with them, figure out how I could modestly hunt, fish and shoot targets for the rest of my natural life and still pass on more than the 5 mil to my kids.

NERD ALERT !!!!! NERD ALERT !!!!! Just blow it all like the rest of us after all its just imaginary money any way :D :D

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:50 am

Have you not watched the shows about how winning the lottery, etc ruins people's lives? Google "Curse of the Lottery Winners"

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:14 am

I'd buy a strip joint down around Tuscaloosa and and home down there as well. Buy season tickets to the Bama home games front and center on the 50 yard line for myself and a skybox for the wife and kids and then donate a bunch of money to the university so my boys are guranteed admission no matter how their grades are. :mrgreen:

I would also buy cabins at Estes Park, Colorado and down around Mogote, Colorado. My wife loves Estes Park and I like fishing the Conejos River at Mogote which sits just adjacent to the San Juan National Forest on the New Mexico/Colorado border. I would have a couple of fly fishing destinations in the summer. I would also as mentioned before attempt to restore a huntable quail population to the state of Alabama and Mississipi as well. Whatever was left would be invested in my campaign to become governor or a congressman in Alabama. After all that is what rich people who have no monetary issues to worry about and no real job do. :mrgreen:

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:46 am

I'd buy Shell Creek Plantation.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 am

Greg Jennings wrote:Have you not watched the shows about how winning the lottery, etc ruins people's lives? Google "Curse of the Lottery Winners"
It's because people that have money rarely win. If you give some crack head $1,000,000 then you can expect it to be a curse. I have some family who I never talk to who play the lottery all the time and have won some money (remember from past) but all they will ever have in life is issues because that's what they are is one big ISSUE. When they have money they will pee it all away on stupid things, alcohol, drugs etc...

I have seen the show and have no sympathy for stupid people.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:11 pm

I'm with Greg on that one. 5 mill dont buy much, why land is up to 12,000 per acre of hilly ground, 88 acres eats up 1.3 mil :) dont ask how I know it wasnt mine.

Also the OWMBO has a say in this.

OWMBO = One Who Must Be Obeyed :) for you single folks.

There is a ranch out Wyo way I could buy with a mill and a half........
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

cmc274

Post by cmc274 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:30 pm

No sense in putting a cap on funny money. If you are going to dream, go big or go home.

http://www.plantationservicesinc.com/pr ... operty=105

http://hallhall.com/ranches-for-sale/pr ... php?id=422&

The most significant species on the ranch is the Hungarian partridge with sharptailed grouse in second position. For the past 25 years the now-retired professional biologist and administrator for the state’s wildlife has hunted the ranch for these birds. He relates that, the Dana Ranch has some of the best habitat in central Montana for these two species. In high production years the numbers are almost beyond belief. I’ve seen over 150 birds fly from a single brushy hillside. I never hunted much of the Dana in comparison to the total acreage, just because it wasn’t necessary.

You know what the lottery is? A tax on the stupid.

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:11 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:Have you not watched the shows about how winning the lottery, etc ruins people's lives? Google "Curse of the Lottery Winners"

purely a joke Greg

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:02 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:I'd buy a strip joint down around Tuscaloosa and and home down there as well. Buy season tickets to the Bama home games front and center on the 50 yard line for myself and a skybox for the wife and kids and then donate a bunch of money to the university so my boys are guranteed admission no matter how their grades are. :mrgreen:

I would also buy cabins at Estes Park, Colorado and down around Mogote, Colorado. My wife loves Estes Park and I like fishing the Conejos River at Mogote which sits just adjacent to the San Juan National Forest on the New Mexico/Colorado border. I would have a couple of fly fishing destinations in the summer. I would also as mentioned before attempt to restore a huntable quail population to the state of Alabama and Mississipi as well. Whatever was left would be invested in my campaign to become governor or a congressman in Alabama. After all that is what rich people who have no monetary issues to worry about and no real job do. :mrgreen:
:lol: i love how you fit a strip joint in all that...you would need to have 5 million in ones tommy :lol: .....ruth

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:28 pm

tommyboy72 wrote:I'd buy a strip joint down around Tuscaloosa and and home down there as well. Buy season tickets to the Bama home games front and center on the 50 yard line for myself and a skybox for the wife and kids and then donate a bunch of money to the university so my boys are guranteed admission no matter how their grades are. :mrgreen:

Make sure you do not mention the name HARVEY UPDYKE, and I think you will be ok!

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:41 pm

I think five mil would be about right. With about one mil. I could afford to hire a driver to haul my rig, so I don't have to and I could travel and do pretty much whatever I wanted, whenever for the next ten or twelve years. After that I wouldn't much care.

With the remaining four mil I think I might start a foundation. I am a big believer in the tenet of war which states the best defense is a good offense.

I would want to hire some lawyers, right out of an ultra conservative school, bring on board some private investigators , hire a few moles and bribe a few emplyeesand start pursuing some of the organizations that are hammnering on our way of life. I would want them to bury the HSUS, Hangun Control, Inc., the US Fish and Wildlife Service, the Waterkeeper Alliance and a host of other similar organizations in a mountain of legal papers, especially suits. Cost them time, cost them money and make them spend their resources defendng themselves instead of messing with us. Any settlements or proceeds from the suits would be split between the staff and the foundation so that they could hire more lawyers, more spies to infiltrate more organizations and spread more money around to loosen a few tongues here and there.

Might be fun to watch the other side squim in their easy chairs for a change.

RayG

Pineywoods

Post by Pineywoods » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Chukar12 wrote:If I removed the barriers of time and money, what would you do in the gun dog world?
The check in the picture is for $ 5,000,000.00 but in the question there was no amount of money mentioned.

Just as I've always suspected the people with the short tailed dogs are not reading the questions before
answering. If your just looking at the pictures your answers may not make sense. :roll:

tn red

Post by tn red » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:21 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:I'd buy Shell Creek Plantation.
Great choice & its for sale!!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:59 pm

ultracarry wrote:
It's because people that have money rarely win. If you give some crack head $1,000,000 then you can expect it to be a curse. I have some family who I never talk to who play the lottery all the time and have won some money (remember from past) but all they will ever have in life is issues because that's what they are is one big ISSUE. When they have money they will pee it all away on stupid things, alcohol, drugs etc...

I have seen the show and have no sympathy for stupid people.
On the other hand the smart ones will buy a pup, send it to a trainer, pay for months or years to have the dog trained and run in trials, and make thousamds of dollars off of the breeding fees theywill get and the money they willwin and live happily ever after.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

bossman

Post by bossman » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Chukar...Great "What if" Like many of you, I'd travel the country with my wife, gettingthe dog's into as many different types of birds as possible. Don't want to be tied down to one spot. Hit some good trials to watch some"big running" dog's. Finally, create a trust. Every year give some money to the professional trainer or breeder that in my opinion made a significant contribution to their specific breed, or to the person on the forum that consistantly made the most sense :D

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:27 pm

tn red wrote:
Great choice & its for sale!!
I know! Want to go halves? You pay the mortgage for the first half of the term and I'll take the second! :mrgreen:
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 am

This is one I am kinda interested in

http://hallhall.com/ranches-for-sale/pr ... 65&stid=50
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:33 am

markj wrote:This is one I am kinda interested in

http://hallhall.com/ranches-for-sale/pr ... 65&stid=50
VERY nice markj, i could handle living there, wanna go halfers :mrgreen: ....ruth

Pineywoods

Post by Pineywoods » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:55 am

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:37 pm

This would be my purchase, except I would need an extra 27 million!

http://www.enon.com/quail.html

cmc274

Post by cmc274 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Ben, you can't copy my post. I already posted that plantation. Get your own 30+ million dollar plantation!

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:33 pm

VERY nice markj, i could handle living there, wanna go halfers ....ruth
Well if my wife ever agrees to a move you could come visit. :)
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

ben33127

Post by ben33127 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:25 pm

cmc274 wrote:Ben, you can't copy my post. I already posted that plantation. Get your own 30+ million dollar plantation!
Dangit sold already! Have you hunted enon before?

SHNOOL

Post by SHNOOL » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Sorry this is easy... I'd buy the 392 acres across the road from my ex's house. My new wife and I would setup a horse boarding, training, and trial grounds on it!

Now if only I played lottery, or did PCH. OH well. gonna have to earn it the hard way then.
Image_____________Image
DC - Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory________________Woodland's Forrest Fire - New Prospect

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:01 am

Sorry this is easy... I'd buy the 392 acres across the road from my ex's house. My new wife and I would setup a horse boarding, training, and trial grounds on it!
Miss her that much? LOL
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:04 am

That place is SWEET!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

northern cajun

Post by northern cajun » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am

Pineywoods wrote:Try these (http://www.jonkohler.com/)

Oh I have that in pocket change I should just buy them all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HAVE A GREAT DAY!!
GOD BLESS

DOGS COULDNT LIVE WITHOUT EM!!
NORTHERN CAJUN

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:22 am

I'm living the dream right now. I'd work for Quail Forever/Pheasants Forever and help kids learn to hunt and train dogs. Might work part-time and buy a very large ranch out west and host youth and women's hunts. Also youth field trials and youth dog training camps.

Karen
GDF Junkie

Post by Karen » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:58 am

markj wrote:
Miss her that much? LOL
Heck, we'd be farther away than we are now!

Black circle is our house.

Red square....the ex's parents house. Ugh! Need I say more.
ImageImage
Woodland's Spirit of Big Oaks & Woodland's Money Pit

SHNOOL

Post by SHNOOL » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:53 pm

Even better, check it out... Land for sale across street in blue...

Boy, its almost as good as adopting the highway that runs past their house (to get my name on the road sign)... but hey I am not bitter!
Image_____________Image
DC - Britt Haven's Blaze of Glory________________Woodland's Forrest Fire - New Prospect

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Longbows an shotguns an alot dog training GSP's that is.. just saying

Pineywoods

Post by Pineywoods » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:39 am

northern cajun wrote:
Pineywoods wrote:Try these (http://www.jonkohler.com/)

Oh I have that in pocket change I should just buy them all :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
OK I'll take my finders fee in Dog working privileges. :D

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:09 pm

After thinking on this for a bit, I have decided that if Ed McMahan showed up at my door today I would probably have a heart attack, hes been dead for awhile now....... Zombie attack!! :) head for the hills.....
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935