??????????????

macstartan

??????????????

Post by macstartan » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:47 pm

hey all
OPPinions on trainers that train for the public & run their own dogs against them in open stakes.
What a can of worms this thread should be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mac

WildRose

Post by WildRose » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:22 pm

Nothing I can see wrong ethically with it. The trainer benefits no matter whether the dog he owns or his client dog wins. If one feels like he's getting short sticked by his trainer in such a circumstance he should get another trainer. CR
There's a reason I like dogs better'n people

Country-Side Breeders

Post by Country-Side Breeders » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:24 am

I don't see why there should be anything wrong with this...there shouldn't be any hard feelings amongst them...I think it's great competition for both the trainer's dogs and the ones he's/she's trained. It also shows the strengths and weaknesses that need to be worked on. As Charlie said, if the owner feels he's/she's been cheated on training, confront the trainer and correct it or find a different trainer.

GrouseHunter22

Post by GrouseHunter22 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:50 pm

I do not see any problem in this either. If you don't want the trainer training any dog but yours, TRAIN IT YOURSELF! You wouldn't want a trainer without experience would you? Now as far as him running other dogs against yours, well, if your dog cannot beat the best than he souldn't be running with the best.

macstartan

Post by macstartan » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:09 pm

I haven't used a trainer tnat runs his own dogs against mine. I have used trainers that run other clients dogsfor them also.
Back inthe late 80s , i owned a Gordon Milomix Mac"s Shanon Agnes . I was never afraid to run her at any venue, She placed against American Field Pointers E Setters& G S P , Shay was the 1st of my Gordons.
She went to the great field trial in the sky a year ago this past Feb
Like i said , we were NEVER afraid to go up against the VERY BEST!!!!!!!!!
Mac