SHE LET MY PIGEONS GO!!!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

SHE LET MY PIGEONS GO!!!

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:58 am

Are you serious!! i was out with my husbands friend with his EP and my GSP jersey training in a field we have permission to use and i had the back of the van open with the pigeons in a carrier, we took a few out with us when i saw a black truck pull up so i watched and this lady got out looking into my van, i yelled "can i help you with something" and she said "ya what are you doing with these birds", i said we are training our hunting dogs why? she reached in and opened the carrier and out went my birds :evil: before i could even get a word out due to shock she got in the truck and they drove off :x ..just had to share how my crappy day began.....ruth
GUNDOGS SHORTCREEK IRON HORSE (HARLEY)

snips
GDF Junkie

Re: SHE LET MY PIGEONS GO!!!

Post by snips » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 am

Did you punch her?
brenda

wems2371
GDF Junkie

Post by wems2371 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:06 am

snips wrote:Did you punch her?
I like this way of thinking. :twisted:

Too bad you couldn't get her plate...

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 am

Dang, why would someone do that? Good reason to carry a weapon while training :) I do.

Had someone shoot my truck radiator once, another time was hunting deer. A truck drives into the place horn blaring. Wouldnt leave so we called 911 and saw them get a ticket.

Crazy folks are everywhere, and they want everyone to be like they are.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Winchey

Post by Winchey » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:11 am

lol. It would have at least been nice if you got a chance to explain to her they were homers. Hopefully they were homers anyways.

prairiefirepointers

Post by prairiefirepointers » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jess Stucky
Prairie Fire Pointers & Supply
Pretty Prairie, KS
http://www.prairiefirepointers.com
http://www.prairiefirepointersupply.com
'Distinguished Dogs for the Discriminating Hunter'
Doesn't Your Dog Deserve The Best?

"Add clarity to your life, see through the eyes of a dog"

gittrdonebritts

Post by gittrdonebritts » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:21 am

You didn't beat the crap out of her ruth ?

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:37 am

I was to far to reach or get a plate UNFORTUNATELY, but it did cross my mind to shoot out her tires :twisted: and unfortunately they werent homers i buy birds weekly sometimes biweekly :x but that was funny winchey thanks i need that :lol: ...ruth

tnbndr

Post by tnbndr » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:33 am

You needed to at least pepper her vehicle with lead shot. Might deter her from coming back. I lock my vehicle when I head into the field to train, just for those reasons.

ultracarry
GDF Junkie

Post by ultracarry » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:42 am

That sucks. What would suck more is peering her vehicle and having her call the police and saying you are shooting at her. Then loosing your gun and going to jail over $20-39 worth of flying rats.

People do stupid things at least your not one of them.

Next time shut the door on the van if you see her come again get her plate and call the cops and let them know she is harassing you.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:27 pm

ultracarry wrote:That sucks. What would suck more is peering her vehicle and having her call the police and saying you are shooting at her. Then loosing your gun and going to jail over $20-39 worth of flying rats.

People do stupid things at least your not one of them.

Next time shut the door on the van if you see her come again get her plate and call the cops and let them know she is harassing you.
Thats exactly what i thought of, i pictured the headlines and it wasnt pretty :o we all get a bad enough rap with anti-hunters and animal rights activists i didnt want to give them something more to "bleep" about..i will definitely shut the door next time and run a video camera from a spot in the tree where i park to show the cops if she comes back for a repeat performance :wink: ..ruth

Brittlver

Post by Brittlver » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:48 pm

Get a Infrared Trail camera that way you dont have to waste battery life to tape nothing. If she comes back and goes to your vehicle it will take pictures or video for you. Then you take the memory card out and put it on your computer. She would never know its there.

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Get homers, then you don't have to worry about where the birds ended up, they'll beat you home! Sounds like she was a crazy anti-hunter!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 pm

RoostersMom wrote:Get homers, then you don't have to worry about where the birds ended up, they'll beat you home! Sounds like she was a crazy anti-hunter!
We bought some property up north that we are moving to next summer, we are building a coop for homers but right now where i live in my subdivision i dont and cant have a coop so i keep about 15 pigeons in a cage in the garage and go threw them about every week or two, my neighbours would call the police if so much as 1 pigeon was on their property because of me housing them, ask me how i know this :| ....ruth

RoostersMom
GDF Junkie

Post by RoostersMom » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:37 pm

Ruth,

I'll let you know how it goes, but I am training a "kit" of rollers to use for dog training to "home" back to a dog box. I'm in the early stages right now, but I have high hopes that I'll be able to train these birds to home back to the dog crate so I can take them in a lot of locations. Really I'm doing it as a gift to some friends that do trainings a lot and were complaining that they can't use their homers when they train far away (hundreds of miles). So I did a little research and am working on this group of rollers (apparently, rollers are better for this than homers because they're not so "place" oriented). I'll keep you updated on this!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:39 pm

RoostersMom wrote:Ruth,

I'll let you know how it goes, but I am training a "kit" of rollers to use for dog training to "home" back to a dog box. I'm in the early stages right now, but I have high hopes that I'll be able to train these birds to home back to the dog crate so I can take them in a lot of locations. Really I'm doing it as a gift to some friends that do trainings a lot and were complaining that they can't use their homers when they train far away (hundreds of miles). So I did a little research and am working on this group of rollers (apparently, rollers are better for this than homers because they're not so "place" oriented). I'll keep you updated on this!
Sounds great, i would be interested to see how it works out, thanks...ruth :D

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:39 pm

Canada has some strange laws, I just read where a gal had some strangers come by and tear up her trees and such. She got into an arguement wit hthem, was threatened, she calls 999 cops come anc confiscate her shotguns cause she inflated the thing. Now here In iowa someone threatens ya the cops take that person to jail. Best be carefull, them birds can be replaced easy.
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:55 pm

markj wrote:Canada has some strange laws,
Ya got that right!

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:17 pm

slistoe wrote:
Ya got that right!
I can live with the "strange laws" although havent personally experienced any in 35 years of living here, i can also live with the free health care provided :wink: ...ruth

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:22 pm

markj wrote:Canada has some strange laws, I just read where a gal had some strangers come by and tear up her trees and such. She got into an arguement wit hthem, was threatened, she calls 999 cops come anc confiscate her shotguns cause she inflated the thing. Now here In iowa someone threatens ya the cops take that person to jail. Best be carefull, them birds can be replaced easy.
My experience in Iowa isn't anything to brag about. Never been anywhere before where we could lose tree stands, catch people trespassing, or even hunting your property and have the law say there is nothing they can do bout it.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:54 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:
slistoe wrote:
Ya got that right!
I can live with the "strange laws" although havent personally experienced any in 35 years of living here, i can also live with the free health care provided :wink: ...ruth
I don't mind the health care either, but I don't see what one has to do with the other. There is no need to put up with ridiculous private property laws to enjoy free healthe care. Totally unrelated entities.

tommyboy72
GDF Junkie

Post by tommyboy72 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:07 pm

In Oklahoma people disappear for less than that and the police are never notified. Ask me how I know. :wink: :D

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Slistoe, my point was with a negative there is also sometimes a positive which proves to be true in many situations, for example if you have a boss at work that rides you everyday and you hate going to work thats your negative but the paycheck you bring home to your family is your positive so you stay..my comment was because maybe there are some "ridiculous" or "strange laws" here and they may be a negative for some but the ability to take care of your families medical needs at no cost is a positive for all..having laws we dont like or agree with is not a CANADIAN thing, its true for alot if not all countries...ruth

Duckdon

Post by Duckdon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:42 pm

That is a Crappy Day
Sorry man. Duckdon

Deets

Post by Deets » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:52 pm

I train on public land here in Colorado, and I have gotten some really bad looks while training with pigions. I try to train early before all of the granolas wake up. I can definatly see something like this happening around here. Maybe I should keep my cage hidden.

SHORTFAT

Post by SHORTFAT » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:34 pm

I'd be jacked! it's not even the cost of the birds, but the ignorant attitude of someone! :x I'd try to set her up to catch her on video... Here in Pa people would help ya recover the birds... course... then ya'd hafta have a pigeon roast and serve them all beer... :lol: glad you took the high road... it shows class.
Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
- Mark Twain.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:50 am

tommyboy72 wrote:In Oklahoma people disappear for less than that and the police are never notified. Ask me how I know. :wink: :D
:o I dont doubt it Tommy and I have a strange feeling you do know, but your secret is safe with me :mrgreen: ...ruth

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:03 am

Deets you should definitley start hiding your cage, i still cant believe that chick did that, she had some big kahonas thats for sure :evil: ...ruth

Shortfat, i am setting up a video monday when i go back to train, i hope she comes back and tries that "bleep" again..im glad i took the highroad too, she probably was hoping i would do something to land in jail...i agree, 30 bucks worth of birds is not the issue :x ...ruth

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Post by RayGubernat » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:46 am

Ruth -

I agree that you should prepare for a return visit. Get them on camera and get a postive ID and a license #.

May I sugest that a total setup might be in order. Close and lock your vehicle, leaving a window open so the person can reach in and unlock it, so that the person cannot just view from outside, but must unlopck and open your vehicle. That is, without question, unlawful entry. Perhaps you can have an old single barrel empty shotgun on top of the pigeon crate so the person must physicaly handle a firearm to open the crate. I am sure that will violate one or more Canadian gun control laws. I understand that having a loaded gun leaning on(or in) a vehicle is illegal so be sure the gun is empty and broken open. If your province has laws against harassing sportspersons, that would be a good one to hit them with also.

If you have a Sportsman's federation or some such reginal hunting and fishing alliance, you might wish to contact them for suggestions, guidance, assistance or publicity. Undoubtedly, such sportsman's organizations have a lawyer or two among their memberships, and perhaps a judge or two. Perhaps even a legislator.

If you can do the same thing the cops do, which is to bury the alleged criminal in a blizzard of legal paper, that might get some press and give some other tree huggers and sanctimonious self righteous animal "protectionists" a bit of pause before they proceed to interfere with other's rights. The person might even be open to a civil action for violating your rights.

When you hit folks in the pocketbook...that gets their attention.

RayG

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:20 am

RayGubernat wrote:Ruth -

I agree that you should prepare for a return visit. Get them on camera and get a postive ID and a license #.

May I sugest that a total setup might be in order. Close and lock your vehicle, leaving a window open so the person can reach in and unlock it, so that the person cannot just view from outside, but must unlopck and open your vehicle. That is, without question, unlawful entry. Perhaps you can have an old single barrel empty shotgun on top of the pigeon crate so the person must physicaly handle a firearm to open the crate. I am sure that will violate one or more Canadian gun control laws. I understand that having a loaded gun leaning on(or in) a vehicle is illegal so be sure the gun is empty and broken open. If your province has laws against harassing sportspersons, that would be a good one to hit them with also.

If you have a Sportsman's federation or some such reginal hunting and fishing alliance, you might wish to contact them for suggestions, guidance, assistance or publicity. Undoubtedly, such sportsman's organizations have a lawyer or two among their memberships, and perhaps a judge or two. Perhaps even a legislator.

If you can do the same thing the cops do, which is to bury the alleged criminal in a blizzard of legal paper, that might get some press and give some other tree huggers and sanctimonious self righteous animal "protectionists" a bit of pause before they proceed to interfere with other's rights. The person might even be open to a civil action for violating your rights.

When you hit folks in the pocketbook...that gets their attention.

RayG

Excellent input RayG, i will call around today..thanks...ruth :D

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:03 am

Never been anywhere before where we could lose tree stands, catch people trespassing, or even hunting your property and have the law say there is nothing they can do bout it.
Dont know where you was, but we have deputys follow the laws. Had 2 guys clear out some brush on private land, then they set fire to that brush and burned up a field. They were tickted, and told the laws on hunting here, you need permission on all private land. When someone shoots close to our place, the neighbor down the road calls 911, deputy is soon on the scene, if within 200 yards of someone elses property you need permission or you may get a ticket. Been this way the last 13 years I lived here. Follow the law here, they love to put folks in jail, then charge em for the overnight stay, cost is 50.00 for the lock and bar hotel LOL
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

JWP58

Post by JWP58 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:34 am

Wow, i almost cant believe someone wouldve done that....almost.

What you shouldve done was blast the birds out of the sky when she let them out.....the proceed to tell her "Thanks, but i usually yell PULL! when i'm ready to shoot"...now THAT would be funny lol
PSA: DO NOT SELL ANYTHING TO "MRCREOLE", HE WILL RIP YOU OFF, JUST LIKE HE HAS RIPPED ME OFF (I will not edit this signature until I am paid by him)

Ruffshooter
GDF Junkie

Post by Ruffshooter » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:25 pm

What they did is illegal in Canada and the US. Not to mention Here and many other states there are harassment laws to help protect hunters rights. I am sure It would not be too hard to track down those folks. They probably live near by. I certainly would make a formal complaint to the authorities. By all means set a trap for them.

""What you shouldve done was blast the birds out of the sky when she let them out.....the proceed to tell her "Thanks, but i usually yell PULL! when i'm ready to shoot"...now THAT would be funny lol""

Now that would be real funny. :lol:
The best part of training is seeing the light come on in your little prot'eg'e.

Rick

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:24 pm

I will take care of myself against the bad people. SAVE ME FROM THE GOOD PEOPLE!!!

BTW Ruth, about the health care.... Nothing is free!! :wink:

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:29 pm

JWP58 wrote:Wow, i almost cant believe someone wouldve done that....almost.

What you shouldve done was blast the birds out of the sky when she let them out.....the proceed to tell her "Thanks, but i usually yell PULL! when i'm ready to shoot"...now THAT would be funny lol
:lol: :lol: too bad we dont think of these things at the time cause that would have been funny!!...The best part is i told the guy i get the birds from today about what happened and he said no problem i'll give ya the 10 replacements for free :mrgreen: ...ruth

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:45 pm

birddogger wrote:I will take care of myself against the bad people. SAVE ME FROM THE GOOD PEOPLE!!!

BTW Ruth, about the health care.... Nothing is free!! :wink:

Charlie
Agreed charlie technically nothin is free but i will tell you this about the country i live in..we can visit any doctor or specialist, hospital or clinic, we receive cancer treatments, MRI's, Cat scans, Xrays, Ultrasounds, Bone scans, blood/lab work, pretty much everything you can think of at NO COST, yes we pay by paying taxes and yes its 13% but we also as canadians receive what is called a G.S.T (government sales tax) every 3 months in the mail basically averaging out 100 bucks, we receive an O.S.T (ontario sales tax) every 3 months in the mail for average of 300 bucks, we receive H.S.T every 6 months average 200 bucks and we also receive a CHILD TAX CREDIT monthly averaging 200 bucks PER CHILD, so if you have 3 kids you get 600 bucks a month in the mail to help with clothes ect and as a family with 3 kids as an example you get approx 9,000 a year given to you by the government and no its not welfare that is just what our government gives to working families with less that 34,000 income yearly and the less income you make the more these entitlements go up and the more children working folks have the more they get, all those things are for everyone over 18 years of age in this country that makes less than..$34,000 a year which is alot of people entitled so its a pretty good place to live...i have almost my entire family living in the U.S and i can give you story after story that my family goes threw without having health care yet they pay 6, 8 or 10% tax and also have had to take out loans to give birth or receive treatment when they are sick and would rather pay a few cents extra on every dollar to not have a bill when they need medical help..i honestly dont want to debate this situation, but i did make the comment so i have to expect some comments back but i am very passionate about the issue because if not for the "free" health care and owning my own business i would be in the poor house having my 5 children whom 2 have had severe medical issues and it didnt cost me a dime..not 1 single canadian has EVER lost there home because of needing medical treatment and it should be that way period for any human being....jmo......ruth

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:54 pm

OK Ruth. :)

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way

Redfishkilla

Post by Redfishkilla » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:56 pm

"i can also live with the free health care provided ...ruth"

It's not free, although you might not know how much it costs. You(or someone) pays for it in taxes. My insurance it paid for by my employer, but I certainly wouldn't call that "free". Sorry she let your birds go.

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:16 pm

GUNDOGS wrote:
:lol: :lol: too bad we dont think of these things at the time cause that would have been funny!!...The best part is i told the guy i get the birds from today about what happened and he said no problem i'll give ya the 10 replacements for free :mrgreen: ...ruth
they probably ARE homers, and the guy is selling you back the same birds!! so no big deal if he gives you some for free, right? :wink: :wink: :D :D just kidding...

And at the risk of getting too political and getting this thread locked..... if the system you described up there in Canada ISNT socialistic welfare, then I dont know what is.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:28 pm

RayGubernat wrote:Perhaps you can have an old single barrel empty shotgun on top of the pigeon crate so the person must physicaly handle a firearm to open the crate. I am sure that will violate one or more Canadian gun control laws.
RayG
Good ideas, but this one would land her in more hot water than the person she is trying to set up. A firearm in an unattended vehicle must be out of sight and either the vehicle or the firearm must be securely locked. So ruth would be the one in violation of the gun control law - and being where she lives they would love to have more examples of gun owner/violators to further the cause.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:34 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
markj wrote:Canada has some strange laws, I just read where a gal had some strangers come by and tear up her trees and such. She got into an arguement wit hthem, was threatened, she calls 999 cops come anc confiscate her shotguns cause she inflated the thing. Now here In iowa someone threatens ya the cops take that person to jail. Best be carefull, them birds can be replaced easy.
My experience in Iowa isn't anything to brag about. Never been anywhere before where we could lose tree stands, catch people trespassing, or even hunting your property and have the law say there is nothing they can do bout it.

Ezzy
Try ohio we get worthless bags of --- druggies steal stuff all the time and the game and fish or law wont do a flipping thing. Oh don't get me started why I no longer like to hunt ohio can't hunt on your own property with it having to deal with total BS
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:51 pm

dog dr wrote:
GUNDOGS wrote:
they probably ARE homers, and the guy is selling you back the same birds!! so no big deal if he gives you some for free, right? :wink: :wink: :D :D just kidding...

And at the risk of getting too political and getting this thread locked..... if the system you described up there in Canada ISNT socialistic welfare, then I dont know what is.
They probably are homers :D but i doubt it cause he dont hold on to them very long hes the only one around here that steady has them available because he is contracted to get them off of building ect and no sooner does he get them people like me are buying them up, especially the italians, they like to eat em.....no its not socialistic welfare, but i dont care what its called, the name is not what is important, whats provided is what matters to those living here and receiving it, welfare is a totally different entity here, its called workfare really, you cant just sit home pumping out kids and get paid, you have to work, attend meetings, go to school to better your education ect, my best friend is a worker for ontario works (welfare) and they dont just hand out money for you to keep the couch warm.. the fact is every human being should be entitled to have preventative medicine or to be treated if they are in need and not have the stress of a bill because they just so happened to get cancer, which my mom has, she is dying of cancer right now, shes had breast, bowel and uterine cancer and has gone threw many surgeries, treatments ect and i thank god she dont have to worry about a bill in the mail on top of the unimaginable stress of dying..my sister (lives in michigan) doesnt even see a doctor because she cant afford the blood work she needs monthly, she needs thyroid medicine and cant afford to buy it but yet she works hard every day for the airport in detroit for 6 bucks an hour, that burns my azz..i will say that you or anyone else can feel free to call it what you want and even critisize it if need be, i and others here are well aware of how lucky we are and the ones that dont think they are lucky should trade places with the people such as my sister cause she would appreciate it and take it in a heartbeat.....ruth

dog dr

Post by dog dr » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:55 pm

your sister needs to be talking to somebody at that airport - Michigan minimum wage is $7.40 an hour.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:58 pm

slistoe wrote:
RayGubernat wrote:Perhaps you can have an old single barrel empty shotgun on top of the pigeon crate so the person must physicaly handle a firearm to open the crate. I am sure that will violate one or more Canadian gun control laws.
RayG
Good ideas, but this one would land her in more hot water than the person she is trying to set up. A firearm in an unattended vehicle must be out of sight and either the vehicle or the firearm must be securely locked. So ruth would be the one in violation of the gun control law - and being where she lives they would love to have more examples of gun owner/violators to further the cause.
True, there are so many gun laws here and they make it nearly impossible for you to even own, sell or buy guns..we went threw so much paper work we almost gave up on owning any :x ....ruth

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:03 pm

dog dr wrote:your sister needs to be talking to somebody at that airport - Michigan minimum wage is $7.40 an hour.
not the case for everyone, if you have the "ability"to make a tip it goes down, waaay down, the guys that take your luggage from you car make $2 hourly :o and no benefits, yes they may make 50 bucks or 500 bucks in a day but what if they dont?..she averages 60 bucks a week as a greeter for PROSPECT, they are not airport employees but work at the airport and she makes 700 bucks a month working 40 hour weeks plus her tips so 1000 a month say and her rent is 700 :roll: ..michigan cut back huge on food cards ect so shes not entitled to one....ruth

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:08 pm

kninebirddog wrote:
ezzy333 wrote:

Ezzy
Try ohio we get worthless bags of --- druggies steal stuff all the time and the game and fish or law wont do a flipping thing. Oh don't get me started why I no longer like to hunt ohio can't hunt on your own property with it having to deal with total BS
Knine, is it true that if you post "no hunting" on your property you cant hunt on it yourself?..a guy we use to hunt with in ohio that had property told us that a while back....ruth

Mountaineer
GDF Junkie

Post by Mountaineer » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Frustrating I'm sure but...the world undoubtably still spun and you got a nice story out of it, eh?
And no need for the free health care for a pellet in the face....are the attorney costs free up der as well?
Best of luck next trip.

The one thing that always struck me about Canada was gravy on french fries....each to their own I suppose.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Ruth no that is not true. As long as you are the property owner or have written permission from the property owner you can hunt
"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

GUNDOGS
GDF Junkie

Post by GUNDOGS » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Mountaineer wrote:Frustrating I'm sure but...the world undoubtably still spun and you got a nice story out of it, eh?
And no need for the free health care for a pellet in the face....are the attorney costs free up der as well?
Best of luck next trip.

The one thing that always struck me about Canada was gravy on french fries....each to their own I suppose.
Actually yes attorneys are free for low income folks making less than $14,400 yearly, or if you are a single mother or father fighting in a custody case and cant afford an attorney they provide you with one its called "legal aide" ...thats funny you say about the gravy and fries, theres also gravy and cheese on fries called "poutine" and its really good :D ..you should see my kids when we go to the states to eat at cracker barrel and i order turnip greens and put vinegar on it, they gross out :lol: ....ruth

A/C Guy

Post by A/C Guy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:15 pm

snips wrote:Did you punch her?
No, he's Canadian. They're more "civilized" than we Americans.
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams.