Ngspa & GSPA rules

Hotchkiss

Ngspa & GSPA rules

Post by Hotchkiss » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Do these organizations follow the rules of AKC for field trials? Still trying to figure out all the classes and rules.

Hotpepper

Re: Ngspa & GSPA rules

Post by Hotpepper » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:31 pm

NGSPA and GSPCA are very similiar, NGSPA does not have a rule book like approved by AKC for the GSPCA.

NGSPA = National German Shorthaired Pointer Club of America American Field Sanctioned

GSPCA = Gerrman Shorthaired Pointer Club of America AKC Sanctioned

Printed Rules are available for Both Organizations.

Broke dog stakes are very similiar, a little difference with puppy and the derby is only different as the age allowed.

Hope this helps you.

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:28 pm

Hotpepper has it right, of course, except there is a book of running rules for the NGSPA, it is just a little difficult to get a copy sometimes. Try Art Armbrust, look him up on the www.ngspa.org website, he will send you a copy.

The GSPCA is an AKC organization, so it follows the AKC running rules for field trials. The AKC has parent breed clubs for most all of the breeds that can be AKC registered, and the GSPCA is the AKC parent breed club for the shorthair. The GSPCA only holds two field trials though, those are the Walking National Championship (and for those of you who know, yes I said what I said), and the National Championships that are presently held each year in Eureka, KS in October. Because they are National Championships, the classes or types of stakes are a little different than what you would see at your average AKC weekend trial. There is the National Championship, and that is for All Age dogs and braces are one hour each. There is the Futurity, and that is a one-of-a-kind stake held for young dogs. It might seem like a Derby stake, but it is not. And then there are the National Amateur Championship, for amateur handled dogs, and the National Gun Dog Championship for professionally handled gun dogs.

The NGSPA is not an AKC organization. The NGSPA is sanctioned by the American Field, which is a different dog registry than the AKC. The American Field also has some parent breed clubs, not nearly as many as the AKC. The NGSPA is the parent breed club of the American Field, for German Shorthairs. The NGSPA field trials do not follow AKC rules, they follow the rules of the NGSPA, and a set of basic rules laid down by the American Field called the Minimum Requirements. You can find the Minimum Requirements at the AF website, www.americanfield.com

All of the adult dog stakes run under NGSPA rules are one hour braces, the the majority of them are hour championship stakes, i.e. the title "Champion" is given out to the winner of the stake (and the dog is designated as a "Ch." on its American Field pedigree).

The NGSPA also hosts a set of National Championship stakes, held in Feb..-Mar. each year in Booneville, AR. The American Field uses different terminology than the AKC. In the AKC, adult dogs are Gun Dogs or All Age Dogs, in the American Field dogs are Shooting Dogs or All Age Dogs. Both organizations also hold Puppy and Derby stakes for younger dogs.

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:41 pm

The GSPCA only holds two field trials though, those are the Walking National Championship (and for those of you who know, yes I said what I said), and the National Championships that are presently held each year in Eureka, KS in October
John,
Just to throw a monkey wrench into your explanation, the GSPCA also holds Sectional Classics under their name and umbrella also. These classics though GSPCA Events are typically run by a local club and are usually following or proceeding that local clubs weekend trial.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Yes, and then we have the "cross-sanctioned" weekend trials too. I am just trying not to confuse the OP with more than he can absorb.

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Clear as mud isn't it

Hotpepper

Post by Hotpepper » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:46 pm

There are many similarities in the 2, many people will help and if u get a specific question u need an answer to. This forum will supply

Pepper
2009 NGSPA National Champion R/U
OFA Good 06/09
3 years of Age

http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2071

Jeremiah 29:11

God says He has Plans for Me

Hotchkiss

Post by Hotchkiss » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:05 pm

Hotpepper wrote:NGSPA and GSPCA are very similiar, NGSPA does not have a rule book like approved by AKC for the GSPCA.

NGSPA = National German Shorthaired Pointer Club of America American Field Sanctioned

GSPCA = Gerrman Shorthaired Pointer Club of America AKC Sanctioned

Printed Rules are available for Both Organizations.

Broke dog stakes are very similiar, a little difference with puppy and the derby is only different as the age allowed.

Hope this helps you.

Pepper

What is the age differences with puppy and derby?

original mngsp

Post by original mngsp » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:14 pm

What is the age differences with puppy and derby?
off the top of my head i'm not sure about puppy but in AKC Derby stakes are for dogs between 6-24 months old.

American Field uses a system similar to horse racing, based upon the month the dog is born in. Here is a link to a chart that might explain it better.... http://www.12oclockftc.com/images/trialdogagechart.pdf