erins tin soldier breeding

mmbrown

erins tin soldier breeding

Post by mmbrown » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:38 pm

im lookin at getting a pup out of tin soldier has any one had any problems with his pups and if so would u mind please tellin me what the problems are
thanks
matt brown

Ron R

Re: erins tin soldier breeding

Post by Ron R » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:23 pm

mmbrown wrote:im lookin at getting a pup out of tin soldier has any one had any problems with his pups
Nope...Great sire. We actually have a litter off of Pete and our gyp RU Ch Erin's Priceless. They are about 4 weeks old and look great. Pm me if your interested.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=2786

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:25 pm

I was interested in breeding to him before Harris's purchased him. However I have moved away from that considering the seemingly hereditary deficiencies that keep popping up in the breeding of that line when pushed to the limit. If you are looking for a bird dog I dont think you would have many problems, but still something I wouldnt promote propagating.
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:29 pm

topher40 wrote:I have moved away from that considering the seemingly hereditary deficiencies that keep popping up in the breeding of that line when pushed to the limit.
Really :roll: .

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 pm

The knee thing?
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:29 pm

Since when is blowing an ACL hereditary?

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Better yet ,why couldn't be???

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:52 pm

myerstenn wrote:Better yet ,why couldn't it be???

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Ron R wrote:Since when is blowing an ACL hereditary?
Well, if it has to do with the physical structure of the dog, then it can be hereditary. My experience is that it is environmental.

topher40
GDF Junkie

Post by topher40 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:13 pm

That is why I mentioned the strenuous situations he was put under. On the other side of the coin I do remember another dog out of Soldier, or a litter mate that had the same problem. It is hereditary when it shows itself in multiple generations or litter mates. Now that I have raised the point can anyone tell me how it ISNT a possibility? Prove me wrong, I am open to it. :wink:
Chris E. Kroll
CEK Kennels
http://www.cekkennels.com
785-288-0461

Governments govern best when governments governs least

-Thomas Paine

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:29 pm

topher40 wrote:On the other side of the coin I do remember another dog out of Soldier, or a litter mate that had the same problem.
You don't have any details therefor it just sounds like hearsay.
topher40 wrote: Now that I have raised the point can anyone tell me how it ISNT a possibility? Prove me wrong, I am open to it.
You haven't made a point to prove wrong regarding Tin Soldier. You stated that maybe one pup (out of hundreds) he produced tore an ACL or was it a littermate? So, you are saying that blown ACL's are hereditary?

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:32 pm

topher40 wrote:That is why I mentioned the strenuous situations he was put under. On the other side of the coin I do remember another dog out of Soldier, or a litter mate that had the same problem. It is hereditary when it shows itself in multiple generations or litter mates. Now that I have raised the point can anyone tell me how it ISNT a possibility? Prove me wrong, I am open to it. :wink:
To prove you wrong would require littermate puppies certified structurally sound at eight weeks, one of which would then be raised and conditioned and competed in a manner and environment as identical as possible to that which his father experienced and the other of which would be raised, etc., according to a program designed to prevent injury and develop natural compensatory attributes.

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 am

I don't know about the ALC being hereditary, I wouldn't think that it would be and haven't heard of any of his offspring having this same problem. What I do know for a fact is this dog is PRODUCING CHAMPIONS AND WINNERS! I believe that he has offspring that have won in every venue. He has CH all age offspring, CH shooting dog offspring, and I believe that I have seen some winners in walking trials off him in the Field mag. He also won 10 championships and was retired at an early age due to the forementioned injury. Obviously a great dog that is producing great. My advice would be breed to him or get something off him, we did. Goodluck, SCKWEST

myerstenn

Post by myerstenn » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:13 am

And you my friend are using heresay, because you cant prove your right. There has been some ACL problems in that lineage, is it hereditay< who knows? I personally like sean's dogs and would breed to them. When people provide you with information use it as you like ,dont be such a bigot about things you may not be that well informed about!!!! Happy Days

sckwest1

Post by sckwest1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:56 am

whom are you calling a biggot?

Ron R

Post by Ron R » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:18 am

myerstenn wrote:When people provide you with information use it as you like
What information?

Do you mean this;
topher40 wrote:On the other side of the coin I do remember another dog out of Soldier, or a litter mate that had the same problem.

Wow, great information :roll: :roll: :roll: .

oakcreek

Post by oakcreek » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:35 pm

It is hereditary in humans, so why wouldn't it be in dogs. Obviously not everyone one of them is caused due to genes, but the extra play in the ligament usually is a genetic issue and can be the main cause of ACL injury.

My grandpa tore his, my uncle tore his while playing at K-state, all three of my sister tore theirs (two of them tore both legs), and I used custom braces to keep mine from doing the same. I would say that it is typically a genetic issue, but there are circumstances where the strongest ligaments wouldn't hold up.

birddogger
GDF Junkie

Post by birddogger » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:59 pm

I will tell you up front that I know nothing about it but why would you call somebody a biggot for writing a knowledgeable and informative post? I also don't see where you get that it is heresay. It has been my experience that when somebody can't back up their argument with facts, they usually start name calling.

Charlie
If you think you can or if you think you can't, you are right either way