Anyone know about a dog?

markj
GDF Junkie

Anyone know about a dog?

Post by markj » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:52 pm

NFC DC Double Run Cole Bier who owns him? Is he around?
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Re: Anyone know about a dog?

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:10 pm

I've seen him and know his breeder. He is a bionic dog, due to a hip injury. Nice enough if you like that look.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:18 pm

I was wondering who he is out of etc. Saw him in a couple AKC trial test results.
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Cajun Casey
GDF Junkie

Post by Cajun Casey » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Mike Martin's Brown L Dot Com, I think, is the dam. I thought he was also AFC, but after looking at his record, he didn't finish it.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

lvrgsp
GDF Junkie

Post by lvrgsp » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:38 am

Here ya go Mark..................I'd call Dave

http://www.royalrunkennel.com/Cole_pedigree1.jpg

Chip

Troy08er

Post by Troy08er » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:05 pm

Kresha's Gator of Troy
TK'S OILDALE RUNNER
Get Your Free Pedigree Today!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

JuliaH

Post by JuliaH » Tue May 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Cajun Casey wrote:Mike Martin's Brown L Dot Com, I think, is the dam. I thought he was also AFC, but after looking at his record, he didn't finish it.
He can't be AFC (Amateur Field Champion). His owners are pros. I can't imagine you not liking this dog, and your posts sure suggest that. A hip injury as a pup and able to run like the wind, able to win a GSPCA National title, able to sire pups like he does. Nothing wrong with that dog!

For the person who first asked, he is still around and he is one of the best!

By the way, the dog in my avatar is a daughter of his. Won her Derby title before she was a year old, natural retriever, and going to be a Field Champion herself one of these days.

Julia
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs
Central Georgia

Dave Quindt

Post by Dave Quindt » Tue May 24, 2011 4:07 pm

JuliaH wrote:
He can't be AFC (Amateur Field Champion). His owners are pros.
He certainly can be an AFC; ownership has no bearing on whether a dog can or can't become an Amateur Field Champion. As long as the dog is handled by an amateur he can be awarded amateur points and once the qualifications for the AFC is met, be awarded that title.

The only thing he can do is participate in an GSPCA National Amateur or Amateur Gun Dog championship stake.

FWIW,
Dave

JuliaH

Post by JuliaH » Tue May 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Ok Dave,

I didn't say it correctly. He has never been handled by an amateur, so could not get AFC title. To my knowledge he has always been handled by his owner, Dave King. All I wanted to say is that this is a great dog and I didn't think he deserved the negative comments that I saw on this thread. Instead of not finishing his AFC, he was never campaigned as an amateur dog to my knowledge. He has won many open stakes, and a National Championship. That outta be enough :) Oh I forgot, he got to be a show champion in 3 consecutive weekends.. all majors I think!

Bionic dog??? Not the Cole Bier I know. He runs on heart and strength and incredible drive. It was a tragic accident that he got hit by a car at 9 months of age. That could have ruined a great career. But it didn't. To think that this boy, with titanium in his back leg, could have this sort of career speaks highly of this dog, imho.

At 8 years of age, he shows no sign of problems to this day. One of these days he will be gone, and that will be a sad day indeed.

I have used him on my females and I have a son of his and I am proud to have been able to use him. I can only hope my dogs will do somewhere as near as good as he is :)

Thanks for the correction. I do appreciate that and will be careful to say things more carefully :)
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs
Central Georgia

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Wed May 25, 2011 8:38 am

He has won many open stakes, and a National Championship. That outta be enough Oh I forgot, he got to be a show champion in 3 consecutive weekends.. all majors I think!
Yes I saw that so was interested in him. Didnt mean to get something started. Impressive looking dog and stats IMHO but what do Iknow? lol
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

JuliaH

Post by JuliaH » Wed May 25, 2011 8:46 am

Hi Mark :)

You outta contact David and Sara and if you are close enough for a visit go meet them and see their dogs. You won't be sorry. They are real nice folks and know all the info on Cole. I believe David bred and trained him :)

I chose to breed to him based on his stats, his demeanor and movement AND his owners. I am not a big time person at all, just have a few nice dogs and love to work with them and with people who know lots more than me :) So, I like dealing with people who are personable and helpful.

The dog in my avatar is Annie and she is a daughter of Cole Bier and my Senior Hunter, Rose. On my profile you can see my website and if you decide to visit, Cole is the top dog on my At Stud page. My Sam, a son of Cole Bier, is not ready for standing at this time. Well... he thinks he is, but he has some more work to do to be on that page :)

Julia
Karl & Julia Heidbrink
Buggytown Bird Dogs
Central Georgia